Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 126 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    New from Easton Press - The Graveyard Book signed by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean
    It only appears to ship to the US though (I signed up to a parcel redirect service 'Stackwry' though!)

https://www.eastonpress.com/prod/8C5...Signed-Edition
    Thanks. Just ordered a copy.
    Ditto... Thanks for the heads up. I would have missed this otherwise.

On a side note I'm really enjoying adding signed Easton books to my collection. There's just something about them I really like.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Not a book, but this is something pretty cool I added to my collection recently - its an artist proof copy of the recent print offered by Neverwear, signed by both Neil and the artist David Mack.

I must get round to starting a 'my non-king collection' thread soon, but at the moment most of my books are in boxes whilst we decorate a couple of rooms...but they will be heading into new bookcases when we are finished :-)

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

The Graveyard Book from Easton Press arrived today. Its rather nice...I may have to go and try and pick up their previous Gaiman books now!

Country
    Country Flag

In regards to my use of a mail-forwarding company (Stackry) to ship this from the US to the UK, a few people had asked about my experience - on this first use of their service, I would have to give them 5*. No hassle at all.

I thought it might be useful to breakdown the process (and the costs) for anyone that was interested

After creating an account with Stackry I was issued a mailing address and I then used this as the shipping address for my Easton Press order.

The book was shipped from Easton Press on May23. It arrived at my Stackry account on May 29 (but there was a 3 day holiday weekend during this period)

I received a notification from Stackry the same day. They confirmed the pacel size/weight (12 x 7 x 2 inches / 2lb weight) and asked my to provide an item description and value. I found this useful as it meant I could make sure the item was correctly described as BOOK/PRINTED MATERIAL in order to not pay import duty (books are not taxable in the UK but I have to pay customs on some before due to badly worded custom label!)

At this stage I could select for them to repack my item to a smaller box for a fee of $5, or indicate if I wanted them to ship in the original packaging. In this case I retained the original packing.

I was then presented with numerous shipping options with estimated delivery time and costs as outlined below:

Global Mail Direct / 6-15 days / $15.64
    DHL Worldwide Express / 3-8 days / $36.04
    FedEX Intl Economy / 3-8 days / $50.84
    FedEX Intl Priority / 2-5 days / $55.10
    USPS Priority / 8-14 days / $66.13
    USPS Express / 4-8 days / $79.42

As I signed up via a recomendation link, I had a $10 shipping voucher to use. I selected the Global Mail Direct option and therefore paid $5.64 for shipping.

After completing all this (and making payment by PayPal) , I received a shipping notice the next day (30th) with tracking links.
    The parcel cleared customs in the UK on June 3rd and arrived to me on June 5th, so in all it only took 1 week to ship.
    (note - international shipping was managed by DHL, UK delivery by Yodel)

So as far as a test run went, this was very succesful. They would have held my parcel for 45days at no charge, so if I had multiple orders to manage, I could stockpile them to one consignment and in theory save on postage by shipping them all as one delivery. My online account gives me access to all my order information and communication from them was very good indeed.

Stackry are also open about their shipping costs. see the calcualtor here: https://www.stackry.com/en/shipping-calculator

(and if anyone wants to sign up via a referal link, if you use this we both get a $10 voucher!: https://www.stackry.com/register?referral=7126903 )

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Graveyard Book from Easton Press arrived today. Its rather nice...I may have to go and try and pick up their previous Gaiman books now!

it is really nice - and looks like they used the text block for Subpress graveyard book - all of the McKean art is the same - definitely a worthy pick up. The other Easton Gaiman books are really nicely done - I have them all so far
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

it is really nice - and looks like they used the text block for Subpress graveyard book - all of the McKean art is the same - definitely a worthy pick up. The other Easton Gaiman books are really nicely done - I have them all so far
    Ah thanks for that info. I did wonder how similar to the Subpress edition this would be (I missed that one and am yet to find a copy at a reasonable price!)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

A new anthology that just happens to have a new non-fiction piece by Gaiman: https://camelotbooks.com/books/detai...yssey-in-words

Country
    Country Flag

A few pics of the lettered edition of Nothing O'clock from Gauntless Press.
    I love the traycase!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice - looks like they did a good job
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

That was a good story, I didn't much like Trigger Warning for some reason.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New signed Gaiman book available to order from this Friday morning UK time:

https://www.waterstones.com/book/art..._campaign=comp

"A daring new collaboration between wordsmith-wizard Neil Gaiman and award-winning illustrator Chris Riddell, Art Matters is a creative revolution. A rousing, inspirational, call-to-arms, it explores - in poetry, speeches and images - how creative pursuits have the power to change hearts and minds and transform the world.

Available to pre-order from 11am on Friday 20 July, and published on 6 September 2018, we’re offering readers the exciting chance to buy a special edition of Art Matters, signed by author Neil Gaiman. Stock is strictly limited, so you'll need to act quickly to secure your copy"

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post

"A daring new collaboration between wordsmith-wizard Neil Gaiman and award-winning illustrator Chris Riddell, Art Matters is a creative revolution. A rousing, inspirational, call-to-arms, it explores - in poetry, speeches and images - how creative pursuits have the power to change hearts and minds and transform the world.

Available to pre-order from 11am on Friday 20 July, and published on 6 September 2018, we’re offering readers the exciting chance to buy a special edition of Art Matters, signed by author Neil Gaiman. Stock is strictly limited, so you'll need to act quickly to secure your copy"
    Strictly limited is perhaps a slight exaggeration - Neil mentioned signing pages for these on twitter the other day and I think it was 2500!

Country
    Country Flag

Also, whilst speaking of Chris Riddell, this forthcoming poetry book from him also 'contains Neil'

https://www.waterstones.com/book/poe.../9781785174780

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post

Strictly limited is perhaps a slight exaggeration - Neil mentioned signing pages for these on twitter the other day and I think it was 2500!

can only get 1 copy per person - done and back to bed
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Already marked out of stock. Oh well, guess I didn’t wake up early enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    They sold out in 40minutes. I cant believe 2500 went that fast, so I suspect waterstones only got some of the signed editions, and that other retailers might have some for sale soon.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    and we could only order 1 copy per address - so I could not order any extra
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The signed edition is available for pre-order from Forbidden Planet now:
    https://forbiddenplanet.com/254139-a...ers-hardcover/

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post
    That's the unsigned hardcover. The signed one is here.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Michael Jackson ckovacs is on a distinguished road ckovacs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ckovacs View Post
    That's the unsigned hardcover. The signed one is here.
    Oops. I started out with the signed link which was extremely long from an email link. I tried to clean it up but managed to screw it up before I pasted it.

Country
    Country Flag

A London event, with Chris Riddell
    Ticket includes a dual-signed book.

https://hackneyartscentre.seetickets...centre/1251891

Country
    Country Flag

I you do not have this - its a pretty darn good price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Gaiman...from=R40&rt=nc
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

gutted I missed this! I have been searching for one for years at a reasonable price. I saw an altert from ebay this morning (UK time!) but it had already gone. someone got a great deal there

Country
    Country Flag

gutted I missed this! I have been searching for one for years at a reasonable price. I saw an altert from ebay this morning (UK time!) but it had already gone. someone got a great deal there
    well considering it sold 6 minutes after I posted here - I am guessing that someone jumped on the message I posted (if not I will still take some credit )

I already have a nice copy - but yeah it was a really good price - sorry you missed it - if I see another I'll send you a PM

and those Ebay alerts suck - I can't tell how many times I have been alerted after an item has already sold...thank you
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well considering it sold 6 minutes after I posted here - I am guessing that someone jumped on the message I posted (if not I will still take some credit )

I already have a nice copy - but yeah it was a really good price - sorry you missed it - if I see another I'll send you a PM

and those Ebay alerts suck - I can't tell how many times I have been alerted after an item has already sold...thank you
    It was me

I too have been looking for one of these for awhile, but not willing to pay the ~$400 that they're usually listed at.

If I see another well-priced copy you can bet I will pay it forward and post it!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 126 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast