Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King's Revival Book Tour-Collecting Thread

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I pretty much agree with this. In Paris Mr King had the courtesy to sign for an extra 30 mins longer than was stated. And still almost 2,000 people were left disappointed. Where does the man draw the line? He doesn't even need to do these events at all. He's Stephen King ffs!
    What else did he have to do? Sit in his foreign hotel suite, alone, or sign for another 30 minutes. What would you choose to do?

King is not so big that he can do what he wants. He does whatever "Big Business" tells him what to do. That includes joining "Facebook" to promote his products. He was TOLD to get an account, whether he wanted to or not.
    Uh - yeah, I don't think the conversation went that way.

It was more like, "have your intern open a Facebook account, and have her post some stuff on it every few hours." King CAN do anything he wants, but like any successful businessman, he understands there's a lot of mouths on the food chain.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

TwistedNadine at Portland, Maine signing:

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Am I the only one who thinks that person to the right is wearing a VERY unattractive belly shirt?

(not really)

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How's she doing, Jerome? Haven't spoke to her for ages.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

Am I the only one who thinks that person to the right is wearing a VERY unattractive belly shirt?

(not really)
    Really! I was thinking more along the line of some kind of alien pod thing dropping out to hatch.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

She seemed happy in the pic.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Kinda hard for us to tell though.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What can I say. She values her privacy.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

It was great finally being able to meet Twisted Nadine & Roseannebar, I mentioned to her I didn't recognize her as she had taken the blackout mask off, ha ha. Definitely a highlight of the event to finally meet these two prominent members, both very nice people!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What can I say. She values her privacy.
    Quite right too!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing to see a celebrity photo!

but...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DO the BAM books have a different DJ like the B&N ones do?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    There are only two DJ's. One says B&N and was sent to Barnes and Noble. All of the others say "bookstores". That is for the USA trade 1st. I have no idea what international books say, but I'd guess B&N is not on the international books.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There are only two DJ's. One says B&N and was sent to Barnes and Noble. All of the others say "bookstores". That is for the USA trade 1st. I have no idea what international books say, but I'd guess B&N is not on the international books.
    UK books only have an abbreviated version of that text on the back. no mention of the bookstore part.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I already have the B&N cover. I suppose the one I ordered from CD with the slipcase will be the generic type. My UK edition from BookDepository is on it's way.

I think I'm done. I won't be buying all of the UK variants. I might need another CD slipcase though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Picked up the B&N copy yesterday, received (signed) bookstore copy today and got the Waterhouse blue end page copy because it was just so damned pretty!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Picked up the B&N copy yesterday, received (signed) bookstore copy today and got the Waterhouse blue end page copy because it was just so damned pretty!
    congrats on the signed copy & the varients

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

NO.... But SPortland BAM gets a mention on page 343 of Revival. They are happy being there.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Deanna and I are still on our Revival tour..............
    After traveling with our katet ( Twistednadine, Cook, Tippy ) from KC to Wichita and back to KC as well as Palavar with TN, Roseannebarr, The Wizard (David) and others in Portland my wife and I decided to go on an additional quest alone roaming stores all over Maine. Bangor tonight and Bangor tomorrow!
    I'd really love to be able to do such a tour someday
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Thanks to Lot Guy for pointing this out. I was interviewed in Witchata KS on the revivial tour! Made the papers.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article3945508.html

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I think I should would win "crazy -fan" of the year, sitting in below freezing tempatures for a signed copy of Revival. Ended up with 16 tickets though! This is the news report from Portland Maine. I look terrible. 23 hours sitting in the cold. 3rd in line on the video. got on camera talking twice! Thats me talking about no spoilers and sitting next to the guy who came from Canada for his sons 16th bday present.

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/loca...eased/18841867
    Thanks again for the books!

first person interviewed and second to last.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Link doesn't work.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Thanks to Lot Guy for pointing this out. I was interviewed in Witchata KS on the revivial tour! Made the papers.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article3945508.html
    Congratulations!

John

My Mood
    Asleep

Link doesn't work.
    fixed it! Thanks! Glen

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Why weren't you guys in tank tops?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast