• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 321 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 276 277 278 279 280 288 ... LastLast
Results 6,926 to 6,950 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    11 moar days til Red Dead Redemption 2
    I always take longer bc I suck, but how about RDR2 being a 60 hr campaign apparently?

Wow
    60hr campaign without the extras? That's insane. Means you'd be looking at 90+ hours with side quests and hunting and such. Dayum.

I read reports that the map is so big it'd actually be incorporating the map from the first game into its world. I'm a little skeptical of that claim, but it's certainly feasible - everything I've read about this game seems to indicate it's going to be a technical powerhouse. Raising the bar is all Rockstar knows.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

11 moar days til Red Dead Redemption 2
    I always take longer bc I suck, but how about RDR2 being a 60 hr campaign apparently?

Wow
    60hr campaign without the extras? That's insane. Means you'd be looking at 90+ hours with side quests and hunting and such. Dayum.

I read reports that the map is so big it'd actually be incorporating the map from the first game into its world. I'm a little skeptical of that claim, but it's certainly feasible - everything I've read about this game seems to indicate it's going to be a technical powerhouse. Raising the bar is all Rockstar knows.
    Nobody does living, breathing worlds like Rockstar and it sounds like they might have blown themselves out of the water with RDR2.

Honestly, it really sounds like the kind of game that is going to be really difficult to unplug from even after you finish the main story.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://kotaku.com/skybound-games-in...taf-1829841963
    Skybound Games, which is currently finalizing an agreement with Telltale Games to finish the final season of The Walking Dead, hopes to release episode 3 by the end of the year and have episodes 1 and 2 back up for sale later this month, according to comments by its CEO during an AMA on Reddit that took place yesterday evening.

“We’ll be back on sale as soon as possible, I’d hope we can do this by the end of October,” Ian Howe wrote in response to one commenter’s questions about when the final season’s completed episodes would be back up for purchase. They had been taken down at the end of September, less than two weeks after Telltale announced a majority studio closure. As for episode 3, which Kotaku previously reported was nearly complete, Howe said the team is aiming for a release sometime in 2018. “I fully expect Episode 3 to be this year and I’ll be very disappointed if we can’t make that happen,” he said.

Still, according to Howe’s responses, much of the series’ future remains up in the air. Howe confirmed that no one is currently working on any of the episodes and that the details of the deal between Skybound and Telltale, announced at New York Comic Con, are still being hammered out. While the company has reached out to many former Telltale developers who were working on the game’s final season, it’s still being decided as to who may get rehired and what the terms of the contacts will be.

“At this stage, we’re still in discussions with various members of the team and I met over 40 of them last week to discuss our plans moving forwards,” Howe said. “They know what we’re trying to do and as soon as the lawyers have done their thing, we’ll be able to speak more openly.”

Howe said the people he’d been in contact with were “extremely enthusiastic” about possibly being able to come back and complete the game and that the only people who definitely wouldn’t be returning would be those who had already accepted offers to begin working elsewhere.

Howe did confirm previous reporting by Kotaku that the deal between Telltale and Skybound would involve former devs being hired by the latter, rather than them being rehired by the former. When Telltale laid off 275 people in September without notice or severance, a discussion broke out in the gaming community about whether people should still buy the games, since none of the sales would be going to help those who originally created them. Though the details of the current deal are not yet known, the involvement of Skybound Games, part of the company which created and licenses The Walking Dead series, does change the nature of these concerns. This still wouldn’t be the same as Telltale receiving new funding to plow back into making games, but some members of its former staff may now have the opportunity to finish the games they had started, and receive payment for doing so.

“I can’t go into details but the team will be working directly for Skybound to complete [the] game.” Howe said. However, that arrangement comes with its own challenges, since Skybound is located in LA and many of the former Telltale developers were located in the San Francisco Bay area. “It’s not a commute that would be practical!” he said. “We’ll one way or another find a place for the team to work that’s practical for them.”

Kent Mudle, former Telltale employee and creative director on The Walking Dead: The Final Season, was also involved in the AMA. Along with Howe, he stressed to fans in the comments who were anxious about what the change in company ownership would mean that his intent was to stick as closely to the original plan as possible.

“We’re currently intending to make the game as it was planned to be made before Telltale shut down,” he said. “I am beyond pumped to get a chance to finish the season. I could not have hoped we’d be so lucky to have Ian and the rest of Skybound come in and give us this opportunity, for which I am extremely grateful.”

Meanwhile, design lead on The Walking Dead: The Final Season’s second episode, Emily Grace Buck, gave a frank talk about her experience at Telltale during the Sweden Game Conference in Skövde this week. Her presentation focused on the former Telltale employees who won’t be going back to work on any remaining projects and are now desperately searching for work after their health benefits ran out at the end of September.

“So I’m not going to say this is the only answer, or even necessarily the best answer, but especially in the United States, where your work is tied to your healthcare, I think we need to have a really serious conversation about potentially starting a union,” she said in the talk, according to a report by GamesIndustry.biz.

Conversations about how the video game industry can best ensure that those who work in it aren’t being taken advantage of have been ongoing for years, but recently bubbled up again due to the manner in which Telltale announced its mass layoffs. One former employee has filed a class action suit against the company for violating the federal and California WARN Acts, which require employers in most instances to provide their workers with 60 days notice before mass layoffs.

“We need to have a conversation,” Grace said later in her talk. “We need to talk about what our options are. We deserve a lot better than what happened at Telltale. Not just the Telltale devs, but everyone in the gaming community.”

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Nobody does living, breathing worlds like Rockstar and it sounds like they might have blown themselves out of the water with RDR2.

Honestly, it really sounds like the kind of game that is going to be really difficult to unplug from even after you finish the main story.
    While there is absolutely no doubt in my mind R* will deliver on the gameplay front, I'm hoping they maintain the narrative baseline-quality.

RDR1 isn't a GOAT just because of its gunplay, it also did well to challenge its protagonist morality and forced him to look into the mirror and face his atonement. Those last few hours with RDR1 are some of my favorite from any game, ever.

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to this:

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What are everyone's thoughts on Fallout 76? I saw some footage of game play on youtube and it looks interesting. Not sure what to think about the multiplayer side of it though.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on Fallout 76? I saw some footage of game play on youtube and it looks interesting. Not sure what to think about the multiplayer side of it though.
    My coworker tells me I really need to play Fallout 4. I have yet to play any of them.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Don’t. Play 3.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fallout 3 is the best one.

Anyone else playing Red Dead II yet?

Country
    Country Flag

Waiting for PC version...

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1) ive never played F3, but got it for free when I bought F4. Do I need to rectify that ASAP? (Especially since it’s One X Enhanced and I have a X1X?)

2) would also love to hear RDR2 feedback...I’m actually a bit concerned bc it sounds like there is a LOT of eating, sleeping, showering, washing your horse etc and other menial tasks. This is a trend I really dislike in gaming. Of course I’ll still buy it no matter what

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1) ive never played F3, but got it for free when I bought F4. Do I need to rectify that ASAP? (Especially since it’s One X Enhanced and I have a X1X?)

2) would also love to hear RDR2 feedback...I’m actually a bit concerned bc it sounds like there is a LOT of eating, sleeping, showering, washing your horse etc and other menial tasks. This is a trend I really dislike in gaming. Of course I’ll still buy it no matter what
    My son says there is a lot of maintenance as far as yourself and your horse. I'm not a big fan of that kinda thing either.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    would also love to hear RDR2 feedback...I’m actually a bit concerned bc it sounds like there is a LOT of eating, sleeping, showering, washing your horse etc and other menial tasks. This is a trend I really dislike in gaming. Of course I’ll still buy it no matter what
    My son says there is a lot of maintenance as far as yourself and your horse. I'm not a big fan of that kinda thing either.
    Yes. It's very cowboy simulator-y. Rockstar was aiming for an unparalleled level of immersion and realism and I suspect this will turn off a lot people.

I personally don't mind it. I can see what R* was going for and the sometimes sluggish controls make a lot of sense within the context of the world they built. It feels like playing an actual Western.

The only thing I can't forgive is the lack of fast travel. That is an.. interesting creative decision to not include a fully functional fast travel system considering the size and scope of the world.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes...immersion. I agree with what you’re saying. But I liked when their aim was simulation and not immersion. Kinda like how cgi reached a plateau in the movie biz, so they opted for immersion instead with that 3D fad instead of continuing to polish their cgi. Hopefully the video game immersion thing will pass and games will get back to focusing on how fun they are instead of how real they are

That being said my rdr should be here tmrw. Giddyup

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

After about 10+ hours with RDR2, I can confidently say I am in love with this game.

Country
    Country Flag

After about 10+ hours with RDR2, I can confidently say I am in love with this game.
    Excellent. It’s downloaded on my X1X but I didn’t get to it last weekend. Very much looking forward to it

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping to put some hours into it over the long weekend. I bought it last weekend and mainly got through the tutorial section, which I really hate when it comes to games. Too linear.

I just got to my first camp, so looking forward to exploring a little bit now.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm about where I stopped playing FFX the first time with the HD Remaster. I'm still not a big fan of this game. It really comes down the battle system...it's so tedious and boring. And the music is very average, unlike basically every other FF game.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, here's the deal. I've been trying to hold off writing any kind of review of RDR2 until I was certain that I was over the initial fever pitch.

Now that it's been out for a while and I've had a chance to pour some serious hours into it, my verdict is - this is one of the greatest interactive experiences I've ever embarked on.

Detractors will be quick to cite some of its perceived short comings - yes the pacing is a little slow, yes the game takes realism to an extreme. But focusing on this is doing a disservice to the insane amount of care and detail Rockstar has poured into the game. Apart from being gorgeous to look at, virtually all of the games facets are inter connected in some way. Slaughter innocent folks, and you'll trigger legions of bounty hunters which hunt you relentlessly, causing you to expend precious bullets, which depletes your cash reserve, which forces you to hunt and sell game to cover up for your losses. Walk too long on the right side of the law, and you could miss out on potential challenges, which keeps you from unlocking collectibles, or random encounters which could in turn offer tantalizing rewards. The problem is choice.

Then there are the interactions with NPCs. There is almost a seamless transition between the cinematic elements and player controlled segments. Sometimes they're one in the same. This game is so intricate and overwhelming and beautifully rendered, it's almost certain to live on in the pantheon of all time video game greats.

And I'm only halfway through.

Country
    Country Flag

I’m only a few hours in to the game, but it’s really cool. Definitely an incredible attention to detail. Have already come across a couple of RDR1 Easter eggs, and I get way too giddy for them, much like crossover Easter eggs in any Stephen King movie

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, here's the deal. I've been trying to hold off writing any kind of review of RDR2 until I was certain that I was over the initial fever pitch.

Now that it's been out for a while and I've had a chance to pour some serious hours into it, my verdict is - this is one of the greatest interactive experiences I've ever embarked on.

Detractors will be quick to cite some of its perceived short comings - yes the pacing is a little slow, yes the game takes realism to an extreme. But focusing on this is doing a disservice to the insane amount of care and detail Rockstar has poured into the game. Apart from being gorgeous to look at, virtually all of the games facets are inter connected in some way. Slaughter innocent folks, and you'll trigger legions of bounty hunters which hunt you relentlessly, causing you to expend precious bullets, which depletes your cash reserve, which forces you to hunt and sell game to cover up for your losses. Walk too long on the right side of the law, and you could miss out on potential challenges, which keeps you from unlocking collectibles, or random encounters which could in turn offer tantalizing rewards. The problem is choice.

Then there are the interactions with NPCs. There is almost a seamless transition between the cinematic elements and player controlled segments. Sometimes they're one in the same. This game is so intricate and overwhelming and beautifully rendered, it's almost certain to live on in the pantheon of all time video game greats.

And I'm only halfway through.
    I agree with everything you said. I've never seen immersion like this in a game like I have experienced in Red Dead Redemption 2. The level of detail and care is unprecedented.

I'll give a quick example that really had me in awe.

There's a mission where you have to track down this old outlaw and interview him for a book. When I tracked him down he was living a peaceful life on a farm.

Things went south rather quickly and I unfortunately had to send him to the big farm in the sky. The only problem is he had pigs in a pig pen. I felt bad that they would now be stuck in there with no one left to tend to them, so I decided to open the gate to let them free.

After, I of course went in the guy's cabin to steal his shit. Upon exiting his humble abode, I was horrified to find one of the pigs feeding on the man's body. His entire face was gone. My disgust turned to appreciation for all those involved with this game.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to play Red Dead Redemption 2 in about 2024. I only played the first one two years ago lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Finished up the new Spider-man game a few days ago. I'm a competitionist so I just got the final secret photo location last night to finally get the one outfit I was missing. I also apparently got the platinum trophy without even realizing it. I'm debating on whether or not I want to play the game again on NG+ which is something I hardly ever do with any game.

I enjoyed the game immensely. I might even dare to say that I liked it better than the Batman Arkham games. I loved how they ended it which leaves it wide open for a part 2.

I've played one of the DLCs but now I'm kicking myself because I paid the $10 for the first one and now I'm realizing I could've paid $25 and gotten all 3.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 321 FirstFirst ... 178 228 268 276 277 278 279 280 288 ... LastLast