Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I feel like we're supposed to root for the two teenagers, but I don't feel too attached to them yet.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I feel like we're supposed to root for the two teenagers, but I don't feel too attached to them yet.
    The young lady is crazy beautiful, but I don't feel a connection to them and they've hardly had any screen time so far.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Excellent episode!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm rewatching season one before finishing this season. That first season is so much better than these recent ones but there isn't really many people to root for there either. Maybe the mom but the dad, daughter, neighbor, etc are not exactly people you are cheering for. However, the mysteries are more interesting so that seems to overshadow that.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I didn't realize until this episode that Langdon is
    Spoiler:
    the anti-christ baby from the first season, son of ghost Tate Langdon (the original rubber man) and Vivian Harmon (Connie Britton). So apparently Tate's ghost is following his son around somehow even though he wasn't suppose to be able to leave the house. That means we will see Evan Peters play at least two characters this year.
    Spoiler:
    Good catch! Thanks for letting the rest of the world in on the secret, lol. I doubt many remember that Tate/Constance's last name was Langdon, and/or the baby's name was Michael.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's why I put it in a spoiler tag.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

So....since the episode took place on Halloween,
    spoiler
    I hadn't thought of that until just now.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too, but then they showed Madison in the preview for next week's episode and it looked like she was in a cashier's uniform. I'm wondering if maybe it's a flashback to her "Hell" from when she died in Coven and Michael Langdon went there to bring him to his side (a "you help me, I'll help you" kind of thing).

Some questions after this episode:

- Did Michael model Kathy Bates's robot character on Constance?

- Are the rest of the Outpost people (aside from Coco, Mallory, and Adina Porter) really dead?

- Where's Coco's husband (last seen killing Coco)?

- Why are the witches at the Outpost?

So many questions and I can't wait to find out the answers. I think (and hope) things are really gonna pick up even more--and get crazier--now.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Yes, for the first time in many moons, I am eagerly awaiting the next episode.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking they're setting this season up to be the Witches vs. the Antichrist.

I'm going to wager a guess and say the Supreme Sarah Paulson Witch saw the end of the world and the rise of the Antichrist coming and formulated a plan with the witches. Wiped all of their memories, except for Madison and the one eyed old lady witch, sent them out to the outposts in groups of three. That's why we haven't seen Precious, Lily Rabe, Taissa (?) Farmiga, and the others yet, they're at different outposts and need to be "woken up."

I think Coco's husband/boyfriend is going to end up taking on the Trash Can Man/Renfield role.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I think Coco's husband/boyfriend is going to end up taking on the Trash Can Man/Renfield role.
    That's an interesting thought...and could work nicely.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

omit

I just read that there is something of a potential timeline error as well. Apocalypse seems to be happening in 2021. At the end of Hotel, a date of 2022 is given when Billie Dean stays at the Hotel to film there.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen every season, but they all kind of run together for me so I'm not sure I'm going to get as much out of this season as others.

I'm really hoping they didn't just kill that young couple off for no reason. Otherwise, what was the point of introducing them?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I've seen every season, but they all kind of run together for me so I'm not sure I'm going to get as much out of this season as others.

I'm really hoping they didn't just kill that young couple off for no reason. Otherwise, what was the point of introducing them?

The young actor's (Kyle Allen) IMDB page says he's in 10 episodes this season.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I'm finally all caught up. I didn't realize the season started because my dvr never taped it since they change the name every year. I had to find the first two episodes on OnDemand to watch, and I stupidly clicked on the first one that came up without reading the description. I was a little confused as to what was going on because they were already in the Outpost, and I thought it odd that they didn't elaborate on the apocalypse. Well it was episode 2 I started with so I then had to go and watch episode 1

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm with you. I'm enjoying this season so far, but I feel like I should have gone back and rewatched all the seasons first. It's been so long since I've seen some of them that I don't really remember everything that happened in them.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

These videos helped jog a lot of memories, SPOILERS

A big question I have is that the first Supreme came to America back in the 14th century. She is seen still alive in the Roanoke Season. If the previous Supreme must die for the next to ascend then why or how is the first Supreme still out and about?

Country
    Country Flag

I am really enjoying this season, which is so nice after Cult. I'm liking the flashbacks they're doing, so I just hope it doesn't make them forget the storyline in the present. I still have a lot of questions. Tonight's episode has a lot riding on it (extra long runtime, return of Jessica Lange, return to Murder House, answers about Michael), so this could either make or break the season.

And Tommy, about your Supreme question, was Lady Gaga's Supreme alive, or was she just part of the ghosts-coming-back-during-the-Blood-Moon thing?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I am really enjoying this season, which is so nice after Cult. I'm liking the flashbacks they're doing, so I just hope it doesn't make them forget the storyline in the present. I still have a lot of questions. Tonight's episode has a lot riding on it (extra long runtime, return of Jessica Lange, return to Murder House, answers about Michael), so this could either make or break the season.

And Tommy, about your Supreme question, was Lady Gaga's Supreme alive, or was she just part of the ghosts-coming-back-during-the-Blood-Moon thing?
    Well, Lady Gaga only played the actress that was playing the Supreme. We only get one real shot of Scathach when the real people move into the house for the final few episodes. Here is a quote from AHS wiki and I have read other places that she is immortal....

"Immortality - Scáthach is not susceptible to human weaknesses, thus being immune to all aging, disease, and death. "

The only thing I can think of is that her children if she had had any would have been witches as well and maybe that's when the line of supremes really began.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, okay, now I'm remembering. I didn't recall that she was immortal, though. Maybe you're right and the line of Supremes began with any possible kids. A spell or something?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Ah, okay, now I'm remembering. I didn't recall that she was immortal, though. Maybe you're right and the line of Supremes began with any possible kids. A spell or something?
    She really showed an interest in Lee Harris and seduced Lee's brother (possibly for the purposes of making more witches?). I wonder if there is something going on there. I must admit, I think about this show way too much. LOL Tonight's episode is about 20 minutes longer than all the previous ones this season.

For a while there I was buying into the theory that Mallory might be an angel and the witches do not realize it yet. Michael's confrontation with her leads him to speak with his father and Michael says something like "I thought I had killed them all." But he couldn't have been talking about witches because he knew exactly who Dinah was, a witch herself. My friend pointed out that if Mallory is an angel, would a poisoned apple have killed her? Is it that easy to kill angels? So many questions!!

Country
    Country Flag

The Return to Murder House episode was pretty good even with the fan service and revelation of information that we already knew. (Of course Murder House being my favorite season might be clouding my judgment.) We did need to know how Michael got from baby-sitter killing tot to anti-Christ teen. Here I thought he just aged faster than normal but I guess you can employ less actors going with a sudden change in size like they did.

I have some questions about how the the ghosts work in Murder House so spoilers ahead....

I thought it was very clever during the first season that only men that looked at women as sex objects saw Moira as young and beautiful. But women and those with true respect for women saw Moira as an older woman with the "ghostly" eye. It's a clever idea but when Constance kills Moira, she is a young woman. Why exactly did her ghost grow old and none of the other ghosts age?

Also, the thing about the bones. Apparently the rules are you not only have to be killed in the Murder House but your bones must remain on the property somewhere, somehow. We know this because Moira is set free when her bones are laid to rest. My question is Tate was killed by the cops in that house but surely they did not bury his bones in the yard. Why is he still there? Same for many other characters. Was Ben just left to rot there? Was Constance just left on her couch after her suicide. Wouldn't these people's remains have been removed from the house thus freeing them from being stuck there?

Country
    Country Flag

Good question about the bones.

Overall, I really liked Return to Murder House and thought Jessica Lange's performance was outstanding. Though, as much as I'm liking these past few flashback episodes and the season as a whole, I really would like to catch up to the action in the present, especially with only 4 episodes left.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think your bones have to be there to get stuck there but if they are there is absolutely no way to "unstick" you. I also think the witch/warlock combo performed some unseen ceremony to exercise her from the property.

There was at least one other undead thing that aged. Thaddeus (the infantata) was definitely bigger/older than the baby that was killed. Of course he is still part flesh so the regular rules probably don't apply. Maybe it is as simple as that is how she wished to appear. Some of the others (like Mrs. Montgomery) barely realize they are ghosts. Since they are stuck in their last moments then they don't have the opportunity/ability to grow/age. I doubt we will ever get a definite answer but this is one of the inconsistencies that doesn't bother me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast