Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 714 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 302 352 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 17828

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    So, Bev and John, is it the new King masterpiece akin to The Stand, as it's been hyped to be?
    Speaking only for myself, I don't put it quite that high, but it is an engaging story very well told.

I'll be looking forward to the discussions of this book after the trade is published. I'm sure there will be a large variety of opinions, as seems to common with King's works.

John

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I want to read this next

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Something Like An Autobiography-Akira Kurosawa
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished "Les Miserables"....and I plan to begin "The DaVinci Code" in the next few days...
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    I plan to begin "The DaVinci Code" in the next few days...
    i wouldn't.

it was terrible.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by William50 View Post
    I plan to begin "The DaVinci Code" in the next few days...
    i wouldn't.

it was terrible.
    Thankee. I'll read "The Green Mile" instead.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

good call.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

just don't watch the movie

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I know the saying is "never judge a book by it's cover"... but that cover is flippin awsome looking.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, the book is great thus far, so you can judge this book by its cover.
    I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

Country
    Country Flag

"New York Times BestSellers" are usually pretty high quality.... usually.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dante Club was excellent. I loved it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

I liked the Dante Club, and Pearl's book about Poe, too. But I also enjoyed the Da Vinci Code as a fast-paced adventure with some interesting twists.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I liked The Da Vinci Code as well.
    But, the prequel to it - Angels & Demons - was even better.

Both of the movies were very average.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

I agree -- Angels & Demons was better, and the film A&D was better than the DVC movie, too.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I liked the Dante Club, and Pearl's book about Poe, too. But I also enjoyed the Da Vinci Code as a fast-paced adventure with some interesting twists.
    I've been curious about The Poe Shadow. I keep coming across it when I head to the bookstore. I might have to pick it up.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

It's far from a perfect book, but I enjoyed much of it. Here's my review.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks Bev

Just got back from the bookstore, and I just couldn't resist picking up Drood. I was going to wait for the paperback, but found out it won't be out till feb, and there was no way I could wait that long. Now I just have to hurry up and finish reading the books I'm currently in the middle of so that I can get to this one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very very good stuff. So beautifully written.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bev, I've clicked on the link, but I don't see your review of Under the Dome. Am I doing something wrong?

John

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading Lolita...

I'm a little bored, honestly. It was interesting for a while, but it kind of died. I want it to hurry up already.

Also, I had NO IDEA what this book was about, so it was kind of a shock.

Edit: Another new Stephen King? Maybe I'll read it since you guys seem to like it so much. I've just been so disappointed with the last couple though, I didn't even try his newest (see, I can't even remember what it was called) because the jacket description sounded lame and rehashed.

I remember reading Dante Club, it was pretty good. Now it's going to bug me because I don't remember how I got ahold of it.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    Reading Lolita...

I'm a little bored, honestly. It was interesting for a while, but it kind of died. I want it to hurry up already.

I don't blame you for being bored, it took me WAY too long to finish....

On the other hand, I knew what it was about and so wasn't all that shocked....

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry about my earlier post, Bev. I think you'll understand what I was thinking!

John

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    Reading Lolita...

and i'm shocked that it's even possible to not know what that book is about given how the word "lolita" has entered into the language.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 714 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 302 352 ... LastLast