Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 950 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 450 850 900 940 948 949 950 951 952 960 1000 1050 ... LastLast
Results 23,726 to 23,750 of 27551

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Stumbled across this strange listing today. Is it really one of a kind? Anything especially collectible?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F292553712371
    value of a collectible = rarity * desirability.

It may be 1 of 1 but I doubt many people would be interested in owning it.
    Thanks, Simon. That formula is somewhat of a revelation to me. Much appreciated. So far, what I’m hearing about this in terms of desirability is in total agreement with your second comment. Nobody I know seems to want the thing.
    I think it's kind of cool. I'd give him $30 for it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Haha I said the same thing, Brian. $20-$30 and I’d buy it just for the novelty of the thing.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Too bad the Gunslinger is inscribed :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...53.m1438.l2649
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

I saw that. So, even though Grant signed it, that isn't good for value?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post

I think it’s worth asking. For me that takes big value away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In my opinion, the inscription is a negative (it's preferable to have an S/L "pure" in most cases), but only a very minor one. At the price this set is listed, if I didn't already have a set, this listing would be mine by now.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

In my opinion, the inscription is a negative (it's preferable to have an S/L "pure" in most cases), but only a very minor one. At the price this set is listed, if I didn't already have a set, this listing would be mine by now.
    I’m surprised by this. I would have just assumed an inscription by Grant would have even possibly increased the value. Man, glad I saw this. Could have been a very unwise impulse purchase.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m surprised by this. I would have just assumed an inscription by Grant would have even possibly increased the value. Man, glad I saw this. Could have been a very unwise impulse purchase.
    I think the Grant inscription devalues the set somewhat. It's not as bad as some random fool inscribing the book though. It's at least a presentation book gifted by Donald Grant. And if your name happened to be Roger...

The price isn't bad IMHO. Don't make an impulse purchase, but if you did buy the set I'd say you did fine.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I also believe this set is priced accordingly due to not being perfect. If you're going to spend the money for King's magnum opus, you should search out a complete fine copy. Yes, it cost more.....but, If you don't, the question always on your mind will be "should I have waited?".

JMO
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Good price with free shipping.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I also believe this set is priced accordingly due to not being perfect. If you're going to spend the money for King's magnum opus, you should search out a complete fine copy. Yes, it cost more.....but, If you don't, the question always on your mind will be "should I have waited?".

JMO
    Agreed. Apart from the inscription, some of the other volumes have minor condition problems. Read the description carefully.

I think the price is about right. For reference, a similar set in better condition in which only GS was unmatched, sold recently for $8100.

HBJ

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Because it is inscribed by the publisher, I do not think the set is de-valued much.

It makes me think of the early books stamped COMPLIMENTS OF DOUBLEDAY....some think it adds value.....some think it takes away value......either way not much.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Personally, the inscription doesn't bother me too much, because it is from the publisher. Maybe a minor negative, but not a dealbreaker.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

This is IMO easily a $9000 set.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    This is IMO easily a $9000 set.
    Agreed

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm finding this to be a very interesting discussion. For me, it doesn't devalue the book at all, and may even make it a bit more desirable. I don't know that i would pay a premium, but i view this inscription as similar to a remarque by a contributing artist. Grant was instrumental in introducing the world to The Dark Tower series and as the publisher,i would consider him a significant contributor to the book and think that his inscription would make it a unique copy. Either way, my biggest take away is that we really do all collect differently, and in the end, collect what makes you happy.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

My Mood
    Chatty

Would it be the same if it was only flatsigned by Grant? Still a significant drop in value?

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Would it be the same if it was only flatsigned by Grant? Still a significant drop in value?
    I think those that see this addition as something that devalues the book would consider a publisher signature less of a "devaluater" than an inscription.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I think those that see this addition as something that devalues the book would consider a publisher signature less of a "devaluater" than an inscription.
    Interesting conversation. I wonder what members opinions would be on the value if Paul inscribed to, "random name" on a Suntup book?

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

sold for 9500 bucks. questions of value aside, it's a fugly limitation page with the inscription.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    sold for 9500 bucks. questions of value aside, it's a fugly limitation page with the inscription.
    Sold for what it was worth I thjnk BUT someone got a matching set for 9500 and that’s alright ya know

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not great shape, including faded spine on Long Walk, and creases everywhere. Still will be interesting to see where it goes. I predict >$1.25K

Stephen King Bachman US First Editions, Rage Etc. Very Rare NAL

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not great shape, including faded spine on Long Walk, and creases everywhere. Still will be interesting to see where it goes. I predict >$1.25K

Stephen King Bachman US First Editions, Rage Etc. Very Rare NAL

I would have said that a year ago. I had a very nice set that I couldn’t get $800 for. I sold Rage for $400 and the other 3 for $350. They were much nicer than this. I’m interested to see but I’ll be floored if they go above $1000.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A year is a long time, and it's only a prediction. I myself would never pay that much, but these are interesting times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 950 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 450 850 900 940 948 949 950 951 952 960 1000 1050 ... LastLast