Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ned Dameron - DT III The Waste Lands Remarque Project

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Ned Dameron - DT III The Waste Lands Remarque Project

In 2009/2010, Ned Dameron produced 21 unique remarques in 1st Edition copies of DT III: The Waste Lands. Each copy was labeled with a Roman Numeral I to XXI and offered to the collecting public via eBay.

http://www.skcollector.com/galleries/dameron.html

Our own Rick Smith (tippy4) helped facilitate the initial offering and, eventually, all copies sold. You can reference several pages of conversation specific to the project WAY back in the Ned Dameron Thread regarding the project.

Started this thread as I am interested in learning how many of the copies are currently owned by TDT.org members.

So, if you have a copy, let me know the title of the remarque and which Roman Numeral it is and I will keep the thread updated! Note to Moderators, if you'd like me to merge this into the Ned Dameron - Artist Thread, let me know.

I: The Gunslinger (Owned by carlosdetweiller)
    II: Oy (Owned by lookwhoitis)
    V: The Albino Twins (Owned by AKC)
    VIII: Shardik (Owned by wizardsrainbow)
    XI: The Plaster Man (Owned by wizardsrainbow)
    XIII: The Dark Tower (Owned by AKC)
    XV: Fannin and the Tick-Tock Man (Owned by tippy4)
    XVI: Jake and Oy Hang From Bridge (Owned by AKC)
    XVII: Roland (Owned by AKC)
    XVIII: Roland, Jake and Oy Follow the Steel Sphere (Owned by AKC)
    XIX: Nebula (Owned by lookwhoitis)
    XX: Blaine (Owned by George at C-Springs)
    XXI: The Tower (Owned by wizardsrainbow)
    Last edited by AKC; 05-01-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I have number I. Titled The Gunslinger.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Wonderful.
    Now go back and read the first post.
    AKC not only wants to track the pieces, but also who (Dt.Org) members own the books.

YOU LOSE!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am the owner of number 19

II. Oy
    XIX. Nebula
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I find a source that essentially has half of the information needed, and I lose? I just did fifty percent of the job in a single posting!

You know what, Jerome, if you want me to wear thirty-seven pieces of flair like your pretty boy AKC over there, why don't you just make the minimum thirty-seven pieces of flair!?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man I just LOVE Plaster Man... like LOVE it...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

EDITED (I actually checked my numbers in the books):

I own #8 Shardik (correct), #11 Plaster Man (not 12), #16 Jake/Oy Bridge (not 17), #21 (correct) Roland approaches DT...and hoping to acquire #13 Dark Tower color.

I used to own #2, #4 and #19 as well but sold them.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That one and Shardik are my two favourites. They are both truly awesome!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I own #8 Shardik, #12 Plaster Man, #17 Jake/Oy Bridge, #21 Roland approaches DT...and hoping to acquire #13 Dark Tower color.

I used to own #2, #4 and #19 as well but sold them.
    GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN WITH ENVY.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That one and Shardik are my two favourites. They are both truly awesome!
    Yep. 100% me too Tim.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I own V:

The Albino Twins

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So far, a total of 11 accounted for and in the hands of TDT.Org members!

Keep the updates coming!

P.S. Yes, David has 4. Shocker.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    So far, a total of 11 accounted for and in the hands of TDT.Org members!

Keep the updates coming!

P.S. Yes, David has 4. Shocker.
    He's been downsizing.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe George at C-Springs owns one.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How much does Ned Dameron charge to do a remarque like one of these?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    How much does Ned Dameron charge to do a remarque like one of these?
    220 volts.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

The 21 that I sold for Ned were all auctioned with a starting bid of $500.

A few went for opening bid in the beginning, but in the end, the average selling price was around $775.....with some going over $900.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    The 21 that I sold for Ned were all auctioned with a starting bid of $500.

A few went for opening bid in the beginning, but in the end, the average selling price was around $775.....with some going over $900.
    Thanks for the info.

I bet 'Plaster Man' and 'Shardik' both went for more than $900....

Country
    Country Flag

Really would've thought we could account for more than 13 of the 21......
    Last edited by AKC; 04-26-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have:

1. XX "Blaine"
    2. The original pencil sketch to go with it
    3. An "experimental copy" of XXI "The Tower" that Ned did in a book while testing different types of inks and paints
    4. Explanatory letter from Ned explaining the experimental copy

And, once again, I would love to have IX, "The Golden Statue".
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Updated the thread to reflect a recent acquisition. Special thanks goes out to David Williamson for his generosity in this regard.

I now have 4 of the original 21.

Without question, one of my favorites from the series.

Anybody else own one that isn’t listed below? Let me know!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

congrats on the acquisition! I like that one a lot.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Truth is, I did a trade of sorts with AKC and letting one of my prized Dameron remarques go made the deal work....As far as I am concerned (my PERSONAL opinion), the Plaster Man and Shardik remarques I own are among Ned's best works. I will never say I will never sell them, but I love them both and they would be among the last things I let go in my collection.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Truth is, I did a trade of sorts with AKC and letting one of my prized Dameron remarques go made the deal work....As far as I am concerned (my PERSONAL opinion), the Plaster Man and Shardik remarques I own are among Ned's best works. I will never say I will never sell them, but I love them both and they would be among the last things I let go in my collection.
    Plasterman is the best Remarque I have ever seen. One painting I will never sell no matter what is “Fear” where Plasterman is chasing Jake. It draws my eyes every time I enter the room. Consider me next in line for that should you sell it my man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast