3 11.54%
  • Character Development: Graded "C"

2 7.69%
  • Never read

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Group 1: 'Salem's Lot (1975)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Group 1: 'Salem's Lot (1975)

'Salem's Lot, 1975

Please grade 'Salem's Lot in the following three areas using the grades A, B, or C:
    • Quality of the Writing
    • Strength of Plot
    • Character Development

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to select only one grade in each grading area. For complete (though slightly outdated) instructions, see this post.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

A good book. I just don't see it as an A+ book. I don't understand the scores. I gave it B and a C for character development. Overdeveloped.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would have given it Bs and even have made one of them a C if we graded from A to Z or at least to Q

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    ... C for character development. Overdeveloped.
    I respectfully disagree. The well developed characters (including the town) make the story believable and relatable. SK struck a perfect balance between his portrayal of the flawed people of Jerusalem's Lot and the mounting horror they were ignorantly facing. A slow burn of a novel that takes flight and delivers a satisfying conclusion.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    A slow burn of a novel that takes flight and delivers a satisfying conclusion.
    Agreed.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was one invalid vote here with four grades, which were removed when calculating the totals.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. This round 'Salem's Lot has earned an OAG (overall average grade) of 2.760000000 or 92.00% in addition to its FAS (final average score), making it 7.026666667 or 87.83%.

Grade breakdown:
    Quality of the Writing: A - 2.800000000 (93.33%)
    Strength of Plot: A - 2.720000000 (90.67%)
    Character Development: A - 2.760000000 (92.00%)

+ Reply to Thread