Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad - Better Call Saul - El Camino *spoilers*

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose. It just seems that was initially cool has become somewhat tedious in my mind, but to each his/her own.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Is it just me or are these extended "bullshit" scenes like, Wexler getting ready for work and the initial sneaker scene and so forth getting tedious?
    I enjoy them because they're a personal stamp. Gilligan has a deep respect, almost a fascination with processes and how things work. Mike taking the car apart, Saul painstakingly forging the fake address on the court documents; these have been some of my favorite bits of the entire show.

He did the same thing with BB and the steps necessary to make top tier crystal meth.
    So true, which in a way, resonates through the entire show. Better Call Saul as a whole is an exercise in seeing how Saul works. We are seeing his past get taken apart and inspected. Each piece contributed to the man he was in Breaking Bad.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just caught up this weekend and still loving the show. I read the comments and think this has tension and suspense even though we already know some of the payout.

What we don't know is what is intriguing.

What makes Jimmy turn into Saul. Where does Kim go? Does she turn on Jimmy? What happens with Chuck? How does Hector get put in the chair? Then we have the potential of Saul at the Cinnabon. Where does he go from there?

In regards to the tedious scenes. I love them. I like the look of them and love trying to guess if it's foreshadowing or something else.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This show is the bees knees.

I wish I could binge a whole season all in a row.

I think we have just seen what makes Jimmy turn into Saul. It is his brothers fault. Bringing him up on charges for the break-in and tape destruction (which they set up knowing he would do it) sends Jimmy down the rabbit hole. Up until this point Jimmy has at least be TRYING to be good. I think the betrayal of his brother is the birth of Saul. Of course we still get to see him fully emerge which is going to be awesome.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

We're also seeing the point where Mike really becomes Mike...by considering Gus's offer to work for him.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOVE THIS SHOW
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My beef with the "Tedious" scenes is really trivial and probably based on wanting more info!!!! lol I really enjoy this show and love the prequel aspect. I'm getting the idea as to why, Jimmy changed his name now to, Saul I think.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    We're also seeing the point where Mike really becomes Mike...by considering Gus's offer to work for him.
    I freaking Love Mike's character. Love seeing how he develops. I feel like Mike could have his own show as well, pre new mexico showing more of his cop days. Im sure he has been around the block more than a few times
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Missed last night's ep, can't wait to get home and watch it today.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It's one of the best -- and we meet up with another old face from the future...

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very good episode and fit "Saul" perfectly. Loved seeing the new old character. He was the first one I thought of when the dirty Vet asked if the person needed to fit into a small space.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

can I ask who the old "new" face was?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Huell Babineaux - he was the pickpocket

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Huell Babineaux - he was the pickpocket
    Was it just me or
    Spoiler:
    Has the actor in the "past" lost a lot of weight?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw this week's episode. Wow. That might be one of the best of the entire show.

I'm a little - just a little - disappointed at Jimmy's plan. Banking your entire strategy on the fact that Chuck might flip out, when he had up until that point displayed a calm, grimly-calculated determination to ensure his brother lost his law license at all costs was too risky. We even saw Chuck practicing his defense out loud and saying how he loved and admired his brother, as if to flush any lingering familial sensibilities that might trip up his defense.

... but then I thought about how the show went to great lengths to establish his inability to remain fully composed in front of his wife, and I agreed to meet the show halfway.

Also, love that final shot of the EXIT sign buzzing audibly as Chuck looks on incredulously.

Theory: I think that the Exit sign is a foreshadowing of Chuck possibly committing suicide. He lost his wife, was ridiculed in front of judges whom respect him, and to top it all off -- was outsmarted by his sly brother whom he considers his inferior. He wants out of this life.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is interesting. As much as I dislike the character that would be brutal. Of course I'm not sure there is anyway for Saul to be if Chuck is around in any real capacity. In regards to the gamble...I think it fits perfectly and thoughtfully represents the inherent risks that Saul always seems to take. These are the risks that make him who he is.

Theory: I think that the Exit sign is a foreshadowing of Chuck possibly committing suicide. He lost his wife, was ridiculed in front of judges whom respect him, and to top it all off -- was outsmarted by his sly brother whom he considers his inferior. He wants out of this life.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

New episode, just a few hours away!

Yet another face from the future shows up, along with a familiar setting.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Marvelous reveal
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It is all good man.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday's episode was a little quieter, but that's ok. They can't all be slam dunks.

The Saul Goodman reveal was awesome, but the part about this ep that piqued my interest the most was Chuck venturing out into real world, electro magnetism at all. I wonder if he's trying to better himself, or if this is just another extreme measure to try and get back at Jimmy.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Lydia is still fine as hell. Damn.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, too bad she gets "Tea-bagged"!!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude, LMAO. Perfect pun. 10/10

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dude, LMAO. Perfect pun. 10/10

LOL Gimme some "Rep", bitch!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast