Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Joy of Painting

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:rose: The Joy of Painting

I remember watching this very fondly. It's great that this was uploaded for all to see:

http://www.openculture.com/2015/10/s...ee-online.html
    Aspiring painters, take note. As of today, you can watch Season 1 of The Joy of Painting, the PBS show hosted by painter Bob Ross. The educational show first hit the airwaves in January, 1983, and ran through May, 1994. In each 30-minute episode, Bob would complete a painting, while explaining in a soothing, hushed voice various techniques for creating landscape oil paintings.

You can watch Episode 1 of Season 1 above. Here Bob “introduces us to his ‘Almighty’ assortment of tools and colors, tells us that anyone can paint, and creates a landscape of a forest path just after a rain shower.”

Below, you can watch a playlist of 13 episodes. For some reason, the playlist starts with Episode 2, then flips back to Episode 1, and, from there, things unfold sequentially, straight through to Episode 13. #Free Art Education. Enjoy.
    Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

Episode 7

Episode 8

Episode 9

Episode 10

Episode 11

Episode 12

Episode 13

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Happy little clouds
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, pablo!!!!

I am one hype up metal head and few things relax me now. Ross, classical piano (only) and bagpipe music are the only things that soothe my mind. The EX took the piano and bagpipe CD's.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Thank you, pablo!!!!

I am one hype up metal head and few things relax me now. Ross, classical piano (only) and bagpipe music are the only things that soothe my mind. The EX took the piano and bagpipe CD's.
    Jon, there is some bagpipe music (Royal Scots Guards) on that thumb drive I left in the car. We just never got around to listening to it, for some reason.

pablo - thank you for posting these! I am as far removed from painting/drawing myself as humanly possible - I cannot even draw a straight line between two points (yes, I am hopeless), but I am always fascinated by watching people do it, seemingly effortlessly.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Marina.

Ross looks sooo young in this season.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I watched this yesterday, and absolutely loved it!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Huh. Weird. This showed up in my YouTube feed yesterday.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it's been a trending video because Bob is such a viral person all of a sudden now that his show's been streaming on YouTube in recent years. This video actually made me cry. It was beautiful.

Country
    Country Flag

And if y'all didn't already know, even single episode (31 seasons from 1983 to 1994) are up on the official Bob Ross channel on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/BobRoss...=dd&shelf_id=7

My goal is to eventually watch all 403.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Thats a LOT of happy trees!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Thats a LOT of happy trees!

Happy little forest!

+ Reply to Thread