Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 462 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Tippy, that's a good enough reason to bid as any! Congratulations!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I won this auction.
    I probably paid more than I should have, but the auction states the book is perfect, and I do not have a signed copy of this title in my collection.
    I thought you bid "high", but if it's perfect-given the weakness of the US dollar, perhaps you and Artan can work out a mutually beneficial deal.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have tried so hard to explain to this person her auctions are fine, but her price doesn't fit the book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cujo-Stephen-Kin...QQcmdZViewItem

Am I missing something here?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, you are not missing something. They will get the message when the item does not sell. I would say w/o a dj, the book isn't worth $15.

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I have tried so hard to explain to this person her auctions are fine, but her price doesn't fit the book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cujo-Stephen-Kin...QQcmdZViewItem

Am I missing something here?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I think you should not have intervened. There's a whole bunch of good reasons not to. Foremost would be if the person was evil or vindictive they may take offense and may retaliate by email or worse.
    I would feel differently if there were some inaccuracies in the description.

Just a thought.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, you can't email people a "suggestion" about their listing price...All I would assume is the person just wanted it cheaper.

It's easy for us to sit here and be fully 100 percent aware that the price is irrational...but the lister THINKS they're price is actually correct. They won't get the message when the item doesn't sell, because they don't have the background to know the reason WHY it didn't sell, you know?

Way back when, I listed that 4-in-1 Heinemenn volume (Carrie, Night Shift, Salem's, Shining) first edition for some stupid buy-it-now bid - like $20. Of course it sold immediately (and, funny, nobody warned me the price was too low!), so I assumed - incorrectly - that every first edition I had was worth crazy money. It took me some time before I figured out that was not the case...

Point being, it's not anybody's business except the seller's what stupid price, high or low, they list an item for...if you're not bidding on it, it's not polite and it's doing them a favor to give them "advice" about the price. Who are we to say somebody's auctions are "fine" or "not fine" or whatever, you know?

Sounds harsher than I mean it, but you know what I mean...

This of course does not apply to inaccuracies or fakes...

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Yeah, you can't email people a "suggestion" about their listing price...All I would assume is the person just wanted it cheaper.

It's easy for us to sit here and be fully 100 percent aware that the price is irrational...but the lister THINKS they're price is actually correct. They won't get the message when the item doesn't sell, because they don't have the background to know the reason WHY it didn't sell, you know?

Way back when, I listed that 4-in-1 Heinemenn volume (Carrie, Night Shift, Salem's, Shining) first edition for some stupid buy-it-now bid - like $20. Of course it sold immediately (and, funny, nobody warned me the price was too low!), so I assumed - incorrectly - that every first edition I had was worth crazy money. It took me some time before I figured out that was not the case...

Point being, it's not anybody's business except the seller's what stupid price, high or low, they list an item for...if you're not bidding on it, it's not polite and it's doing them a favor to give them "advice" about the price. Who are we to say somebody's auctions are "fine" or "not fine" or whatever, you know?

Sounds harsher than I mean it, but you know what I mean...

This of course does not apply to inaccuracies or fakes...
    I don't think your being harsh. But, I don't want everyone to think I was rude or contacted her to make her feel stupid. In two different contacts I told her I would be happy to help so she won't waste Ebay fees. Again, I was trying to be helpful NOT hurtful.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

You have to remember as well that some people just WON'T be told

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I totally understand what you were trying to do, and you had good intentions. And you know where that road will take you! Haha...

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

RIDICULOUS PRICE

To be fair, the seller does state, several times, that it's a BCE.....the buyer is an idiot to pay this sort of money.

And this, as far as I can tell, is the large format hardback...so it doesn't even resemble the US 1st.

Makes me so P***ed Off !!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you should start hunting down BCE's and putting them up for sale. Looks quite lucrative.
    Really though, someone has paid quite a bit for what to most collectors is worthless.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

How did a guy in Cyprus get a UK edition of Duma Key signed by King? And how about the signature?

UK Duma Key signed

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    How did a guy in Cyprus get a UK edition of Duma Key signed by King? And how about the signature?

UK Duma Key signed

John
    Definite forgery.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

UK Duma Key signed

John
    Definite forgery.
    Agreed

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

UK Duma Key signed

John
    Definite forgery.
    Agreed

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Here are the steps you’ll need to report forgery through ebay:

1) Click “Report this item” at the very bottom of the page for that particular item

2) For Step 1 select “Counterfeits and copyright violations “; for Step 2 select “Bootlegs and other Counterfeit Media“; for Step 3 select “Counterfeit Autographs” and click Continue

3) click Email Us

4) click send

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The final step is:
    5. Don't hold your breath. Ebay doesn't always pull the item.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh so true RF!!!!

#1 ebay priority is Sales = $$$$
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

They both look pretty bad to me.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Guess who... Renaisance Actions trying to hide under another ID.

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

UK Duma Key signed

John
    Definite forgery.
    Agreed

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

1) Click “Report this item” at the very bottom of the page for that particular item

2) For Step 1 select “Counterfeits and copyright violations “; for Step 2 select “Bootlegs and other Counterfeit Media“; for Step 3 select “Counterfeit Autographs” and click Continue

3) click Email Us

4) click send
    And yet the auctions ends like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=012
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The final step is:
    5. Don't hold your breath. Ebay doesn't always pull the item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post

UK Duma Key signed

John
    Definite forgery.
    Agreed

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

3) click Email Us

4) click send
    And yet the auctions ends like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=012
    See step 5 above.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a clever idea, sell a S/L with two fake signed 1sts...

3 SIGNED Stephen King Books - Cujo Ltd, Dark Tower 3, 4

Idiot wrecked two perfectly good books!

Country
    Country Flag

Default what to do with this one

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Trying to sell two sows ears with a silk purse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 462 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast