Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 764 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 264 664 714 754 762 763 764 765 766 774 814 864 ... LastLast
Results 19,076 to 19,100 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    Never seen an index card collectible before. Do they just get people to sign and date it ?
    They are often signed and dated. I have an inscribed one.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    Never seen an index card collectible before. Do they just get people to sign and date it ?
    They are often signed and dated. I have an inscribed one.
    I have one signed by Ray Bradbury. Apparently the guy that got it was a member of the press and got the cards signed when he could. I thought it was kinda cool. I plan on putting it in a frame with my favorite Bradbury quote on it, if I can choose one!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Not my thing, but I suspect of interest to many here: (Intro by Stephen King)

Stephen-King-Joey-Froehlich-The-Fuel-of-Tender-Years-1996-chapbook
    Although it was published in 1996 most of us in the King collecting community first heard of it in 2000. It was an extremely hot item, difficult to find and sometimes selling for high prices for a while and then interest died down. I still think it is an interesting item and have often wondered how the author convinced King to write an intro for such an obscure collection.
    It does look like a chapbook. I always assumed that this was a "proper" book. Thanks for sharing the link stroppygoblin!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Way overpriced, but seller has quite a few Russian language King books. Some of the covers are pretty cool, others are obtuse:
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/white_ismena...p2047675.l2562

$1,199 BIN, Or Best Offer (offer $999):
    It 25th Anniversary by Stephen King Traycased Signed Limited Edition #135/750

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No best offer on that IT... that I could see...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Snagged this copy.

Dan had it posted on Tomas' site in the Buy/Sell Thread. Contacted him via PM, finished the deal.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Salem's Lot prints at $240....that is over $30 PER PRINT...

Unsigned Gift edition I've seen perfect book go for $300

Add prints (round number) $250

Coveted traycase from The Collector might fetch $300

You are talking $850 for the package? Crazy to me....Maybe 5 years ago the COMPLETE package of all 3 could be had for $350
    Sold my book (in shrinkwrap) + Collector's traycase for $160 in 2011. OUCH.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Seek second opinion on signature. Book is NOT perfect. $175 BIN, or make offer:
    CELL Signed STEPHEN KING 1st/1st

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't buy that one.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't buy that one.
    That's a good enough opinion for me.
    Do Not Buy!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Is this seller one of our members here? Why does it sound familiar?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Killjoy does sound familiar. Not sure why/how, but it rings a bell.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Killjoy does sound familiar. Not sure why/how, but it rings a bell.
    Yeah, that one's mine. Are you guys sure about that signature? Looks like other signed Cell's that I've seen.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Pure speculation in the interest of fun.....

- Rumor has it there was an unknown # of LSOE AE's with added, bonus drawings by Whelan (some have surfaced)
    - #19 is very significant to both the story and the artist
    - Book still in shrink

Could this one have an added drawing? Who knows. Auction Ended.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Another back door deal.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

- Rumor has it there was an unknown # of LSOE AE's with added, bonus drawings by Whelan (some have surfaced)
    - Book still in shrink

Im gonna go out on a limb and say doubtful. Very doubtful.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post

- Book still in shrink

Im gonna go out on a limb and say doubtful. Very doubtful.
    I speculated this too... and I have to say... shrink wrapped and all... and the most significant number in the series. Think of it this way... Whelan did a painting that is called '19' and is just the number on a fence. Not an impossibility... and could very well be true. Highly doubtful? Perhaps... but won't that be like winning the lottery. Some of those books went missing... as we all know but some got sent out and if this guy did not check.. well.. there ya go!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

- Book still in shrink

I agree that it is doubtful. I think nearly ALL the remarques Whelan did are in hands of solid people. I can almost guarantee a "major" Remarque will not surface in a "common" shrinkwrapped book.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

- Book still in shrink

I think that numbering the books was the last step in the process before they were sent out. In other words, Whelan didn't know what number would be on the books that he chose to draw in. At least I think that is right. So I think it is highly unlikely that book has a drawing.

Correct me if I'm wrong (but please don't leave anonymous negative rep). I think that none of the beautiful color drawings that were used to advertise the book have ever shown up. Only the smaller sketches have shown up and most, if not all, of those were sold by a former Grant employee. Suspicion is that the nice color drawings are still somewhere at Grant.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Signed by everyone in the world EXCEPT King:
    NECON PBs - many signed & drawings Necon XX 1st Stephen King Old Dude's Ticker
    Interesting. This was my prized NECON program book collection I had to sell off a couple years ago. Wish I wouldn't have done that, but oh well! Some GREAT memories from this annual conference and I just loved collecting the sigs. The book with the hundred or so signatures was a gift from a friend one year that I wasn't able to attend. Hope someone here snags this, you'll never see this many sigs and this many programs together at once.
    ~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Another back door deal.
    Maybe. Maybe not.

Otto does have his own on-line store so maybe it sold direct?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

- Book still in shrink

I think that numbering the books was the last step in the process before they were sent out. In other words, Whelan didn't know what number would be on the books that he chose to draw in. At least I think that is right. So I think it is highly unlikely that book has a drawing.

Correct me if I'm wrong (but please don't leave anonymous negative rep). I think that none of the beautiful color drawings that were used to advertise the book have ever shown up. Only the smaller sketches have shown up and most, if not all, of those were sold by a former Grant employee. Suspicion is that the nice color drawings are still somewhere at Grant.

I believe you are correct. The company that numbered and shrunkwrapped the books was instructed to note any book they were numbering that had a Whelan remarque in it. Purportedly the books were then removed and kept by Grant Books.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 764 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 264 664 714 754 762 763 764 765 766 774 814 864 ... LastLast