Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 388 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 326 366 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi all,

What would be the value of a matching Lettered set of the Colorado Kid by PS. This is not the 1/33 variety,
    but rather I believe this version as described by Thecollector:

You may see some lettered copies with artist remarques, labeled A-Z for sale on ebay or thru secondary sources. These are legitimate remarques in the unsigned edition, done aftermarket. They were then labeled A-Z by the original seller. They are not a separate lettered edition from the publisher.
    In my haste I bought it thinking it was the 1/33 variety since we often refer to that as the "Lettered" State. I have the opportunity to return it (It was just shipped today).
    Note, I also wonder if this could be the Lettered version that PS sends to its lifetime members. It is stated that these are signed by the artist. If it is this variety what would be the value?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Hi all,

What would be the value of a matching Lettered set of the Colorado Kid by PS. This is not the 1/33 variety,
    but rather I believe this version as described by Thecollector:

You may see some lettered copies with artist remarques, labeled A-Z for sale on ebay or thru secondary sources. These are legitimate remarques in the unsigned edition, done aftermarket. They were then labeled A-Z by the original seller. They are not a separate lettered edition from the publisher.
    In my haste I bought it thinking it was the 1/33 variety since we often refer to that as the "Lettered" State. I have the opportunity to return it (It was just shipped today).
    Note, I also wonder if this could be the Lettered version that PS sends to its lifetime members. It is stated that these are signed by the artist. If it is this variety what would be the value?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Very good question...I did not keep great records back then, but I own two sets of "Lettered" books. These were originally sold by Steve Sargent in the UK through Analecta Books. I bought Letter A and D....3 artist edition books with remarques in each volume by the contributing artist.

I will hazard a GUESS and say $500 value for each set...none signed by King is my recollection, just 3 artist remarques....in truth...Chadbourne's remarques are fairly common and he did a lot that were the same, many of the hourglass....it is the Edwards and Potter remarques that are a bit more special in my opinion and valuable.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have letter K of this set. I would say David's value mentioned is correct. I helped Steve behind the scenes put this lettered set together. Honestly, I can't remember what I did to help now....hahahahaha. Anyway, don't pay over $500.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks David and Ralph.

It requires a signature, so when it arrives I will just sign at the usps, and turn around and ship it back without even oppening.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the Grant ARC/Proofs for DT V, DT VI, and DTVII. They are all unread with the light blue cover. The DT VII comes with 2 letters from Alison Kling. I believe that there are different states of these proofs but I don't know which ones I have or their approximate values.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gina

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    I have the Grant ARC/Proofs for DT V, DT VI, and DTVII. They are all unread with the light blue cover. The DT VII comes with 2 letters from Alison Kling. I believe that there are different states of these proofs but I don't know which ones I have or their approximate values.

Thanks,
    Gina
    Hi Gina,

eBay prices on these have been all over the place in the last year or two.

DT V - ranging between $80 upto $200. But on average $130
    DTVI - ranging between $65 to $100. But on average $80
    DTVII - ranging between $75 to $300!! But on average $150

It's another story if it's the black tape states of the proofs, which are $1500+

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post

Thanks,
    Gina
    Hi Gina,

eBay prices on these have been all over the place in the last year or two.

DT V - ranging between $80 upto $200. But on average $130
    DTVI - ranging between $65 to $100. But on average $80
    DTVII - ranging between $75 to $300!! But on average $150

It's another story if it's the black tape states of the proofs, which are $1500+
    No black tape on any of mine. Thanks jonp!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The ones with the black tape spines are EXTREMELY scarce. I've never see a DTVII with a black tape spine.

John

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    The ones with the black tape spines are EXTREMELY scarce. I've never see a DTVII with a black tape spine.

John
    Do you know the significance of the black tape?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post

John
    To drive proof collectors mad.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

John
    Haha. That’s seriously not at all hard to believe.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    Yes, black tape drives me mad. There are definitely black tape states of each DTV, VI and VII.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I will do 7 different colored tapes for the Misery proof.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just use a rainbow tape. That will be much more fun!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    I wish the publishers would be more forthcoming about WHY they do these variants.

John

My Mood
    Chatty

Oh yeah and why don’t you use this while you’re at it! The guys who sell this are super popular right now.

http://www.thenocturnalreadersbox.co...uct/1415589803

My Mood
    Chatty

John
    Yes, black tape drives me mad. There are definitely black tape states of each DTV, VI and VII.
    Haha yeah I can’t imagine what it does to the mind of a proof completist.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Just use a rainbow tape. That will be much more fun!
    Rainbow tape it is.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    I wish the publishers would be more forthcoming about WHY they do these variants.

John
    Why?
    They are supposed to be for internal purpose only
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

John

John
    Why?
    They are supposed to be for internal purpose only
    No, they're supposed to go to reviewers mainly.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My mistake
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    Nor hard to do.....
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Any idea of value of the Bag of Bones ARC signed/dedicated editions? This one has a slight creased spine and a couple crinkles but not terrible:

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ralph, because of the very minor defects, I'd say $350-400. A fine copy should go about $450-500.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 388 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 326 366 ... LastLast