Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Yearbooks

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King Yearbooks

Dear TDT members.

I open here my new thread dealing with YEARBOOKS.

Due to my new purchase of Stephen King Lisbon High School 1964 Yearbook, (soon I will load up some pics from it) I thought it would be interesting to invite you to show YOUR private YB's from the good old days of your life in elementary/high schools, universities, mililitary service, etc.

I browsed and collected all the information below from the Internet and use it as an introduction to this new thread, to give you some clue about this kind of item, the YEARBOOK.
    Though it is a long introduction (I couldn't make it shorter as all is important info). I hope you find it enjoing and interesting.

There is a larger market for vintage yearbooks than many people think. All yearbooks have value, but those picturing a celebrity – whether it be a movie star, singer, politician, FAMOUS AUTHOR, etc. – ARE ESPECIALLY PRIZED of these reasons:

1) Sometimes it’s very hard to find original yearbooks as many of them are REPRINTS or DIGITAL. Elvis Presley, for instance, had him made reprinted. But, according to an authoritative source specializing in vintage yearbooks, “there has never seen a Stephen King yearbook being reprinted” because of its VERY HARD AVAILABILITY (unless the school had all the copy and photos used in the original which in SK’ case has no chance). The original copy is one to hold on to.
    After you’ve found a vintage yearbook, check to make sure it is a first edition: You have to compare the copyright date on the back of the title page with the date on the front of the title page. The majority of yearbooks are not reprinted, but it can happen, and obviously the most valuable books are normally the first editions.

2) Yearbooks commemorate special moments, record important facts and data, and become treasured memorabilia. Yearbooks reveal previously unseen photographs of celebrities at school and college. They offer a glimpse into the younger lives of some of the world’s best known celebs before they hit the big time. Yearbooks contain graduation and candid photos, which add insight into a celeb’s extracurricular activities in school and will give people a chance to look deeper into details of their adorable celebs life that they would not have otherwise been able to find. Some become the ultimate acquisition for a celebrity super fan: If, for example, you have an original yearbook with photos of STEPHEN KING - your yearbook could be worth a lot of money ESPECIALLY IF STEPHEN KING SIGNED IT. That just might turn the tables in your favor if someone really wanted to purchase the yearbook with his signature only because that's the school Stephen King attended.

There are many serious fans who strive to build great collections of Stephen King memorabilia as a testament to their love of and interest in him. These yearbooks include pictures of every student, as well as important facts and can truly give an authentic glimpse into the life of Stephen King in any particular year.

3) A yearbook is something special in that not everyone can get their hands on one, making them a valuable edition for any collection.

4) Only a SMALL FRACTION of student annuals ever reach the collectors market, as people keep their annuals for sentimental reasons.

5) Annuals are also popular because it gives collectors a glimpse into the celebrity’s past, from before they were stars. Yearbooks provide details about individuals found
    nowhere else, and the pictures found in yearbooks are generally not available from any other source.

6) The thing about high school yearbooks is that THEY'RE DEFINITELY LIMITED. There`s no glut of high school yearbooks, as there is with baseball cards or even autographs. The numbers are low, some 500 to 1,000, depending on class size. Sometimes the school says it doesn`t have any, which in itself makes reprint impossible (unless the school had all the copy and photos used in the original). Yearbooks from urban high schools tend to be large, professionally done, and contain pictures and information about a wide range of school activities. High school yearbooks from rural and county district schools generally are more modest in size and scope. Rural high schools had fewer students (as the one Stephen King attended), smaller budgets, and a smaller market for yearbook sales.
    So school size (number of books made), and popularity ofcourse, can make Stephen King’s YBs expensive who today is considered the most dominating author in the horror literature but then, before almost 50 years, he was in a school of only 77, in other words ONLY A 100 OR SO YEARBOOKS WERE PRINTED.

7) Just about everyone has at least one yearbook from their old high school tucked away, somewhere, in an attic or basement, seldom looked at, all but forgotten. Some tossed in the trash. Many people LOST their old yearbooks while moving or in disasters: after wildfires there are many inquiries from people looking to replace annuals (reprints) that were lost in the fires. Some yearbooks lost in basement floods.

8) Most of the time, the senior yearbook is considered most valuable, but on occasion, the UNDERCLASS YEARBOOK may be of more value if there was not a senior yearbook produced, or the celeb is only profiled in his senior annual but glorified in a paragraph or pictured within the junior yearbook.

9) After you’ve found a vintage yearbook, check to make sure it is an ORIGINAL FIRST EDITION: You have to compare the copyright date on the back of the title page with the date on the front of the title page. The majority of yearbooks are not reprinted, but it can happen, and obviously the most valuable books are normally the first editions.
    Original yearbooks in fact are such a specialty type item that they need to be accepted by the purchaser in whatever condition they can be found in, as yearbook replacement is not an easy science.
    Some would probably say that though used with some mild shelf wear, as collectable they should be with tight binding and text and clean pages, with no must or mildew or missing pieces, and without inscription of previous owner name. But a collector of yearbooks will snap any yearbook IF ONLY SIGNED BY A VERY FAMOUS, SOUGHT-AFTER CELEB, like STEPHEN KING.
    In other words:though the condition of the yearbook might affect its value, in fact the age, or condition has much less bearing on its value than WHO (and this ought to be a BIG WHO) might be in it.

10) One of the things best about old yearbooks is that they are dated. Dates are important to collectors, and knowing the exact date of a famous celeb is an opportunity to observe the events of this person in a single year in his past.

11) Old YBs featuring future celebrities ARE BIG MONEY. (A book would get a higher price, for instance, if sold at Sotheby's, than say on eBay). There are no price guides, and very few are even mentioned in general guides. Common sense is your best bet when determining what a particular yearbook is worth to you. Anyhow old yearbooks of a very famous person have much to offer. Of course the age and scarcity of the book and the popularity of the celebrity determine the price.

Yearbooks are, for the most part, relatively inexpensive, yet a handful are exceedingly scarce and desirable. There were, for instance, only 24 students in John Steinbeck's high school class of 1919 in Salinas, California and his yearbook is one of the rarest and most sought-after pieces of Steinbeckiana. An unsigned copy once (in 1989) offered for $12,000. The value of Elvis Presley 1951 Hume High School graduation yearbook signed by him is $4500 (in 2008). There are only about 12 known to exist. Someone was trying to sell a Barack H. Obama high school yearbook for more than $30,000.00!!!
    STEPHEN KING’S ELEMENTARY & HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS ARE ALWAYS BIG MONEY & COLLECTIBLE SOUGHT-AFTER PIECES OF KINGIANA.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a lot of writing, lol. I have two of King's college yearbooks (University Of Maine Prism 1969 and 1970) and then I have two of his yearbooks where he worked as a teacher (Hampden Academy Sedan 1972 and 1973). Would you like to see pics of those?

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Shannon
    Yeah, I am an apt pupil, doing long homework.
    I think you already put the pics in the other thread, your Book Collection. isn't it? They're wonderful. Don't you try to get them signed?
    I also have UMO Prism 1969+1970. Still lookong for the two Hampdens.
    Thanks Shannon.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    That's a lot of writing, lol. I have two of King's college yearbooks (University Of Maine Prism 1969 and 1970) and then I have two of his yearbooks where he worked as a teacher (Hampden Academy Sedan 1972 and 1973). Would you like to see pics of those?
    Please.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My father is in one of the Prism's, I think it was 1970 he graduated. It was the one with the Study Dammit picture. He met SK on campus and said he was "a weird son of a bitch".

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My father is in one of the Prism's, I think it was 1970 he graduated. It was the one with the Study Dammit picture. He met SK on campus and said he was "a weird son of a bitch".
    LOL
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    LOL

He was also recently returned from Vietnam and didn't care much for the hippie types.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi different seasons
    Would you like me to help you? I can check it in my 1970 yearbook to confirm it, If you don't mind to tell me your father's name.
    BTW one of the seniors pictured in Stephen King's high school yearbook (not PRISM) got killed in Vietnam.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mosheprigan View Post
    Hi different seasons
    Would you like me to help you? I can check it in my 1970 yearbook to confirm it, If you don't mind to tell me your father's name.
    BTW one of the seniors pictured in Stephen King's high school yearbook (not PRISM) got killed in Vietnam.
    Thanks. I just checked mine, it was the 1969 yearbook. His name is Wayne Bennett. I don't have the 1970 yearbook.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought i read that there will be pictures of Yearbooks?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Pics from Stephen King High School Yearbook - 1964 (16-year old).

Hello dear TDT members.
    Sorry for the long delay (had some personal troubles to get solved, wife was and still sick, damn week).
    At last: I hope I did a good job here loading up some pics of King at the age of 16 as a sophomore in Lisbon High School, 1964.
    I would like to receive your bad/good comments as this is my first upload of part of my stuff on this site. Thanks guys.
    So here it is:

http://s1340.beta.photobucket.com/us...ml?sort=3&o=12

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Moshe,

Your photos came through loud and clear - awesome!
    Now if you can only make SK sign it!

Hope your wife is feeling better soon!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a nice item!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Looks like a nice item!
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Hey Moshe,

Your photos came through loud and clear - awesome!
    Now if you can only make SK sign it!

Hope your wife is feeling better soon!

sk
    I really wish to make him sign it.
    Thank you very much frik and herbertwest.
    Last edited by mosheprigan; 01-27-2013 at 09:38 AM. Reason: forgot to thank herbertwest

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I always was wanting a yearbook with king in it... hopefully one he signed as a student... I looked for years and never saw one for sale. Finally gave up looking.

It's cool that you guys have got copies.

What value are you guys putting on the various yearbooks?
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Thats great Moshe, thanks for the pics
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you TwistedNadine.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Reopening this thread at the behest of herbertwest.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !
    I thought that it would be interesting to see if anyone here would have some Yearbooks or anything to add to this thread?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I always was wanting a yearbook with king in it... hopefully one he signed as a student... I looked for years and never saw one for sale. Finally gave up looking.

since this post...I've since acquired both Maine college yearbooks with King in them

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is still looking for one, there's one at ebay.com:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361086777062...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

since this post...I've since acquired both Maine college yearbooks with King in them
    Nice acquisitions !

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    If anyone is still looking for one, there's one at ebay.com:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361086777062...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    And 'cheaply' I think !

I also wonder if somehow, some people would have found papers or memorabilia from when he was a teacher...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Looks like that ended and is now relisted at $75.99

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast