Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which edition are you buying?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • PS Publishing

5 14.71%
  • CD Publications

10 29.41%
  • Are you kidding? I need both!

19 55.88%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Which CARRIE edition are you buying, PS or CD?

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Default POLL: Which CARRIE edition are you buying, PS or CD?

I have orders in for both editions of CARRIE, but I am not a completist and am rethinking my decision to opt for both. Had they been announced at the same time, I would have bought only one. I am, though, perplexed as to which one I should keep (if, in fact, I decide to cancel one)...I like the lower limitation of the PS Pub. edition, but am weary of Chadbourne's art. I'm not crazy about the 3000 limitation of the CD edition, but would prefer Tomislav Tikulin's art, and I've been consistently impressed by CD's Gift Editions. I do plan to pick up all of the future Gift editions of this early-King series by CD, save for THE SHINING (already have the Sub Press) edition, so there's the lure of consistency. Other than THINNER, I do not plan to pick up any of the other PS Pub. editions, and did not get CHRISTINE or PET SEMETARY.

So I'm curious: Which edition of CARRIE have you ordered, the S/L PS Publishing edition or the CD Pub. Gift edition? Note the poll voting above, and, of course, comments as to "why" are appreciated, as they may help me figure out my dilemma.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have the PS edition on order from Camelot. I like the smaller format, illustrated slipcase and the smaller limitation. I have Christine and Pet Sematary and plan on completing the set, whatever it might be.

I'll spring for the CD edition eventually but with the 3000 limitation and $30 for shipping, I'm not in any rush.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've ordered the PS edition and also the Gift and Artist Editions from Cemetery Dance.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It probably won't help, but I am ordering neither. I certainly can't afford to even try for the PS lettered edition, and I skipped the regular anniversary editions. And although the CD editions Gift and Artist Editions look nice, they will just take up too much space on my shelves.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont collect english books / limited edition, but I couldnt pass it on since this is his very first professional novel. Decided to buy the CD edition (after wondering for a wee while about the PS edition).
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CD will do the best job with the book and has it been signed the other Lettered would not matter so much. I am so far just getting the Artist set from CD and depending in price just the lettered from PS.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Neither.

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I passed on both of these.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Neither.

John
    That's an option I forgot to include. I tried editing my post to include it in the poll, but even when I clicked Go Advanced, that fix doesn't seem to be available.

Again since I'm not a completist, if I had a 1st trade HC, that would be my answer as well. But since I don't and have no desire to spend a great deal of money to remedy that, one of these new editions will have to suffice.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I purchased the PS Publishing version because it came out first.... In retrospect, I would still chose the PS Publishing Edition over the Cemetery Dance edition due to the smaller edition size of 974, versus the CD edition size of 3000. Had I known before I order the PS Publishing edition that CD was ALSO going to put out their own 40th anniversary spin on Carrie, I may not have purchased neither.

-Gabriel
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I dont collect english books...
    Which language do you collect?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Neither.

John
    That's an option I forgot to include. I tried editing my post to include it in the poll, but even when I clicked Go Advanced, that fix doesn't seem to be available.

Again since I'm not a completist, if I had a 1st trade HC, that would be my answer as well. But since I don't and have no desire to spend a great deal of money to remedy that, one of these new editions will have to suffice.
    I suggest you start over with the thread and poll.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going for both because I'm more of a 'completist'. My only "advice" would be to get both because there's a chance that one day you'll wake up and realize you're a completist too. In the early days of my collecting, I didn't care too much about getting every state of a book. For some unknown reason, that changed. It sort of snuck up on me, and now I have to play catch up on all the states I missed, and of course it's costing more than if I had just purchased them up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Neither.

John

No, that's all right -- the purpose of this thread was to see which edition folks are purchasing and why from the perspective of those who are actually buying one or both...not whether folks are buying one/both or not, which would be a different issue altogether. Since it's not an easy to fix to just add the option (which would have made the thread more inclusive but, frankly, wouldn't have added to the purpose of it), I'm fine with just letting it go as-is.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Buying both (But the AE from CD). I'm looking at this as Uk Gift Editions and US Gift Editions. Both of which fit into my collection requirements. Also managed to match numbers between publishers which (for me) is great!
    I'm holding off on the standard CD Gift Edition, If CD do a 50% code I may pick them up then, but lack of space may preclude even that.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Also managed to match numbers between publishers...
    How did you manage that? When I checked with CD the information I got was that numbers have not been assigned yet. Or maybe I'm missing something...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I contacted Mindy directly and asked to reserve a specific number. It was a low one (14) but Mindy confirmed that it was not assigned to a 'lifetimer' and so would be available to me.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I contacted Mindy directly and asked to reserve a specific number. It was a low one (14) but Mindy confirmed that it was not assigned to a 'lifetimer' and so would be available to me.
    Okay thanks... ;-)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I suggest you start over with the thread and poll.[/QUOTE]
    Good point. No sense seeking votes (opinions are still wanted) from people who are not buying either.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What does a "lifetimer" mean? Been a custome for a long time?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm. I was told that there were no reserved numbers on the CD AE too... Mayhap I shall write again.

Dan

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What does a "lifetimer" mean?
    Long time customer that is alive (and pays).

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Neither.

John

What he said

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

CD AE. I'll buy the PS Lettered Carrie if possible, otherwise it'll just be the CD.

Country
    Country Flag

Which Carrie will be nicer you guys think? Take out King signing it... What lettered? What GE? No Artist for PS so that will win by default I guess...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast