Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 687 of 890 FirstFirst ... 187 587 637 677 685 686 687 688 689 697 737 787 ... LastLast
Results 17,151 to 17,175 of 22242

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    CD decides how to best handle their business; you should decide how to best handle yours.

Buy from them if it makes sense for you; refrain from doing so if that makes sense for you.

If it doesn’t make sense for you, that’s fine - but understand that your preferences and priorities have no global significance reflecting poorly on CD, and complaining about their choices (given that we’re not talking about things like fraud) is as senseless as it is pointless.
    Grab some snacks and start at page one of this thread. You'll that negative customer feedback can also improve a business. This also applies to PS Publishing too (keeping it TDT-centric) as they've also been put through the wringer once or eleven times.

I'd say that someone feeling salty that a book s/he pre-paid for three years ago (example) is financing a book that is already out but hasn't even been written three years ago is a pretty justified sentiment.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CD decides how to best handle their business; you should decide how to best handle yours.

Buy from them if it makes sense for you; refrain from doing so if that makes sense for you.

If it doesn’t make sense for you, that’s fine - but understand that your preferences and priorities have no global significance reflecting poorly on CD, and complaining about their choices (given that we’re not talking about things like fraud) is as senseless as it is pointless.
    John is very much so entitled to his opinion whether it's agreed to or not. I respect John for voicing his opinion and he voiced it well. While I didn't agree with it; to say his point of view is senseless as it is pointless.....I disagree.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

John is very much so entitled to his opinion whether it's agreed to or not. I respect John for voicing his opinion and he voiced it well. While I didn't agree with it; to say his point of view is senseless as it is pointless.....I disagree.
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Jerome,
    This will be my last post regarding CD. You questioned my math ("$750K seems like a lot") so I spelled it out for you and anyone who had questions about my math. Didn't think it was a big deal and it prevented no one from posting their opinions.
    I wasn't questioning your math. In fact, I did the calculations before posting and KNEW your math was correct.

My statement was "$750K seems like a lot, but I didn't loan CD 750K, I loaned them $3,100. ".

I was trying to say that to an individual $750K is a lot of money, but since the individual buyer would only be "loaning" CD ~$3,100, it was an amount (IMO) within reason given what would be received.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

We are acting as the bank for preordered books.

I have no problem with that, since it's a way to get the book published.

The only part I don't like is when publishing dates get pushed way off.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Grab some snacks and start at page one of this thread.
    Lucky for us, I've already read this entire thread many months back.

You'll that negative customer feedback can also improve a business.
    Of course it can...when it's relevant (noting failure to deliver as promised is relevant, debating stated terms of purchase isn't). CD's reaction to Johnny007 cancelling this order (had he purchased directly from them, which he didn't) would be to sell to the next person in line (very limited item, they can do as they wish).

I'd say that someone feeling salty that a book s/he pre-paid for three years ago (example) is financing a book that is already out but hasn't even been written three years ago is a pretty justified sentiment.
    Possibly, but that isn't the issue here: Johnny007 complained about paying now for a book due in about 6 months. If that's a problem for him, he should cancel his order and walk away; there's really nothing more anyone need say.

My original post was me going easy on Johnny007 - certainly I could've torn a larger hole in his post if I'd wanted to spend my time that way.

For example:

...I am concerned about those who aren’t in the top 75 million.
    NEVER concern yourself with how others spend their disposable income - NEVER.

...lending the money to CD for 6, 9, or whatever months isn’t a big deal for me.
    If you think this is a loan, you need to re-read some of your business school texts.

...asking for the full amount and having a delivery date so far in the future is unfair.
    The key to this question is the word "ask" - CD isn't forcing buyers to do anything.

John is very much so entitled to his opinion whether it's agreed to or not.
    Of course he is.

...to say his point of view is senseless as it is pointless.....I disagree.
    It became senseless and pointless when he loaded his own tastes and opinions down with "shoulds" and "should nots." There is no "should" or "should not" re: CD's practices to derive from Johnny007's dislike for advance purchase; CD isn't burdened with fulfilling any particular potential buyer's wishes. My wife doesn't like CD's practices either. Not relevant.

FYI:
    I don't mind receiving negative rep (I actually find it amusing that internet people feel the need to electronically punch me for disagreeing with them), but for God's sake at least identify yourself when you do. The person who left me negative rep for my post did so anonymously - and therefore is a little bitch (feel free to identify yourself to free yourself from little bitch status).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the fact that years after I am dead and gone, Cemetery Dance books will be showing up in the mail for whoever has my PO box.

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I love the fact that years after I am dead and gone, Cemetery Dance books will be showing up in the mail for whoever has my PO box.
    Geez, not if you remember to send in your COA at the very last second, so they can be delivered to your grave...
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Geez, not if you remember to send in your COA at the very last second, so they can be delivered to your grave...

So, in other news, I wanted to post a public thank you to Bob Jackson for allowing a team of professional photographers to lavish some attention on a small portion of his incredible collection for a very special project. (I also need to thank Bob because he's the one who FOUND these photographers for us and they proved to be even better than we had dared dream!)

The photographers are Jackie Nammathao Photography (Amarillo, TX) and Chriselda Photography (Amarillo, TX), and they've provided us with some drool-worthy photos for the full-color photo gallery section of STEPHEN KING LIMITED by Kevin Quigley, which will be published next year.

Some of you know about this book, but for those who don't, the short version is that it's been a long time in the making and access to Bob's collection for these photographs is what finally pushed the project across the finish line.

So my grateful thanks go out to Bob, and Jackie Nammathao Photography, and Chriselda Photography because thanks to them, we're going to be publishing photos like this in the book...

I cannot wait to share more details (and a few more photos because I cannot help myself) in 2018!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great, and it is always good to know Bob is still alive and kicking.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

God I miss, Bob. Probably more than a grown man on the internet should.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Many of us do.

...but I bet more grown men on the internet miss Hannah Minx.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So, in other news, I wanted to post a public thank you to Bob Jackson for allowing a team of professional photographers to lavish some attention on a small portion of his incredible collection for a very special project. (I also need to thank Bob because he's the one who FOUND these photographers for us and they proved to be even better than we had dared dream!)

The photographers are Jackie Nammathao Photography (Amarillo, TX) and Chriselda Photography (Amarillo, TX), and they've provided us with some drool-worthy photos for the full-color photo gallery section of STEPHEN KING LIMITED by Kevin Quigley, which will be published next year.

Some of you know about this book, but for those who don't, the short version is that it's been a long time in the making and access to Bob's collection for these photographs is what finally pushed the project across the finish line.

So my grateful thanks go out to Bob, and Jackie Nammathao Photography, and Chriselda Photography because thanks to them, we're going to be publishing photos like this in the book...

I cannot wait to share more details (and a few more photos because I cannot help myself) in 2018!

Brian
    Looks great! Count me in for a copy, of course!

And I miss Bob too. I think most of the members in the forum miss him.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Definitely in for this too! And we're glad you can't help yourself Brian. Share away!
    Side note: I lived in a little town in New Mexico for a bit, about 1.5 hours from Amarillo. Going back for a visit next year and am hoping to tour Bob's Basement! (If this were any other site this could be taken out of context )

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Many of us do.

...but I bet more grown men on the internet miss Hannah Minx.
    So I had to google her, but yeah I miss her now too.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So I had to google her, but yeah I miss her now too.
    I suspected she might not be well known among people here; I am happy to spread the gospel (and maybe RF can work his magic and add a few things to that certain other thread...).

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Pardon my ignorance here- where did Bob go? I know he's fine- I saw Paul Suntup's great video interview- but why is he no longer posting here? Is it.. touchy?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Pardon my ignorance here- where did Bob go? I know he's fine- I saw Paul Suntup's great video interview- but why is he no longer posting here? Is it.. touchy?
    It was never really stated.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of the reasons I joined is because every time I searched "Centipede Press" the name carlosdetweiler would pop up and he has mentioned that he has the full Centipede Press lineup, with the early deluxe editions and everything!

I wanted to dish about CP and ask about some of the earlier titles - hopefully some of you guys can pick up the slack when I start my collection thread...!

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Most of you probably missed the latest Forbes US “wealth” edition (limited distribution areas only) but I was one of the top 75,000,000 wage earners in 2016.
    Like, the top 75 million in the US? Did they list all 75 million people in the publication?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, in a size 1 font:

We're auctioning off a production computer and I set the desktop pattern before the photo was taken:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152814708713

If this doesn't load, the link is above!

Also, a note of interest for collectors, our interoffice proof and advanced uncorrected proof for SLEEPING BEAUTIES were printed from a slightly earlier draft of the book, so there are some small differences in the text. Nothing earth shattering, but small changes here and there. We're including one of each for the winner of the auction.

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You guys sure know how to run an eBay auction! I'm sure it will end up over my budget, but that's very cool. Good luck, Brian!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    You guys sure know how to run an eBay auction! I'm sure it will end up over my budget, but that's very cool. Good luck, Brian!
    Do. They. Ever.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 687 of 890 FirstFirst ... 187 587 637 677 685 686 687 688 689 697 737 787 ... LastLast