Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: What is your top favorite King adapted film?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Mist

0 0%
  • IT

3 14.29%
  • The Green Mile

1 4.76%
  • Dolores Claiborne

0 0%
  • The Shining

1 4.76%
  • Misery

0 0%
  • The Dead Zone

0 0%
  • The Shawshank Redemption

11 52.38%
  • Stand By Me

5 23.81%
  • Carrie

0 0%

Thread: What is your favorite adapted SK work to film?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default What is your favorite adapted SK work to film?

With all the hype from IT, I thought I would reach out and see what the boards choose as the best King adaptation. I used Rotten Tomatoes to choose the top 10 with the highest Tomato Meter. Feel free to debate in the comments too but please vote!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

There is no Poll?

Nevermind it just showed up

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Shawshank x 50

Even if it wasn't King based - it's absolutely superb.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Followed by Misery, then Green Mile, then Stand By Me, then IT.

IMHO, taste being subjective and all that.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Shawshank x 50

Yeah even if it wasn't King.. it was damm good. I still cannot believe it flopped at the theater. I am still IT all the way though... Shawshank my 2nd.. then Stand By Me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Stand by me
    Misery
    The Shining
    The Dead Zone
    Dolores Claiborne
    Carrie

And then others. Strange that Cujo and Pet Sematary are absent from the list. Even lesser works such as Christine and 'Salem's Lot were enjoyable. Another big favourite of mine is missing: The Dark Half. No awards but that is one mean movie.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Definitely Shawshank.
    I would like to throw 1408 and Secret Window into the discussion though. I thought those were both awesome adaptations.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Stand by me
    Misery
    The Shining
    The Dead Zone
    Dolores Claiborne
    Carrie

And then others. Strange that Cujo and Pet Sematary are absent from the list. Even lesser works such as Christine and 'Salem's Lot were enjoyable. Another big favourite of mine is missing: The Dark Half. No awards but that is one mean movie.
    I searched and they were there but they had poorer ratings. I was going to do top 15 which is max... but thought 10 was a better number to use. You didn't like IT at all?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Haven't seen it yet.

Country
    Country Flag

Haven't seen it yet.
    ahhh thought everyone did. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Shawshank by a mile. Just a superb movie.

John

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shawshank x 50

I'm confused by this statement... Did I miss something?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Shawshank x 50

No Rich, lol. I just meant (in my poorly worded way) that I think it is my favourite movie of all time - regardless of if being based on King's story.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't seen it yet.

You'll enjoy it I think. I certainly did.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

1) Stand By Me
    2) Shawshank
    3) Misery
    4) IT

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

For me it’s hard to choose between Stand by Me and Shawshank as my favorite. Loved them both. If I were pressed to choose one, I’d go with Shawshank.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Shawshank x 50

No Rich, lol. I just meant (in my poorly worded way) that I think it is my favourite movie of all time - regardless of if being based on King's story.
    got it, thanks

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Traveler Marlie is on a distinguished road Marlie's Avatar

I know it's not on the list/in the poll, and Stephen doesn't even really like it, but my favorite movie that came from his work is Maximum Overdrive! Maybe it was my age at the time or something, but I always really liked this movie. It made me look at semi trucks and soda machines in a whole new light!!