Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 689 of 889 FirstFirst ... 189 589 639 679 687 688 689 690 691 699 739 789 ... LastLast
Results 17,201 to 17,225 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    One copy was also missing BJF's signature (Rare variation!!!)
    At first I thought maybe I signed with invisible ink, but I'm now leaning toward the theory that an elf under the age of 4 was in my office while the sheets were on my desk and some the piles got moved around. Drop me a line at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com and we'll get that fixed for you!

Brian
    Now, that sounds familiar!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Noticed something interesting: I got two copies of Reading Stephen King and was surprised to see that the signatures were in different orders and even different color inks in the two copies. This is the first time I've ended up with multiple copies of a multi-signature book -- is this common in that type of situation? I guess I always imagined the sheets making their away around in a big group and ending up looking pretty much the same.
    The authors sometimes change where they sign on the page as they move through the stack, which can lead to everyone being in a different place by the last sheet. It kind of slows the signing process down, though, so many authors frown at those who do that.

At first I thought maybe I signed with invisible ink, but I'm now leaning toward the theory that an elf under the age of 4 was in my office while the sheets were on my desk and some the piles got moved around. Drop me a line at brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com and we'll get that fixed for you!

Brian
    Any date on the Lettered copy Brian?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Any photos of this? Would be fun to see 😄

Lilja

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Noticed something interesting: I got two copies of Reading Stephen King and was surprised to see that the signatures were in different orders and even different color inks in the two copies. This is the first time I've ended up with multiple copies of a multi-signature book -- is this common in that type of situation? I guess I always imagined the sheets making their away around in a big group and ending up looking pretty much the same.
    The authors sometimes change where they sign on the page as they move through the stack, which can lead to everyone being in a different place by the last sheet. It kind of slows the signing process down, though, so many authors frown at those who do that.

Brian
    It's on the list. I have a handful of lettered editions to ship that I'm hoping I can get to in January.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Any photos of this? Would be fun to see 😄

Lilja
    Yeah, Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Brian
    It's on the list. I have a handful of lettered editions to ship that I'm hoping I can get to in January.
    Thanks Dan!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    If there is no specific place for an individual's signature, then I sometimes sign in different places. In once case recently, there were a lot of people having to sign on a single sheet, so space was limited. Previous signers left gaps between signatures on some sheets and not on others. So I sometimes filled in the gap to make sure there would be space for everyone signing later in the process.

All it takes is one rogue signer to break the pattern and chaos ensues...
    There is also at least one copy out there signed TWICE by Bev Vincent! I saw it with my own eyes while signing. Good hunting, collectors!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Are the new McCammon books still on track for the end of this year?
    They're wrapping up at the printer today, but we probably won't have them in the warehouse until January due to the holiday.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's just me but I always thought the free-for-all pages looked messy compared to something like this:

But it's certainly not going to stop me from buying a book I want and there may be practical reasons from a publisher's or author's perspective for doing the FFA that I'm not privy to.

That said, I like odd stuff and would get a kick out of a double-signed page, or a page where something unusual was done (a signature in another author's signature or something).

Also, does anyone else have books with multiple signatures and some are WAY larger than others? I wonder, does the author with the big signature think they that deserve to have a bigger place on the page - like, they get the sheet to sign and look at the other signatures and think "well I better make mine bigger than all those ones"? Or, maybe more likely, the most famous author gets them first and signs them in whatever we he or she wants and then the others sign smaller? There's one in particular that I can't think of right now where there's two ordered columns until about halfway down, and then a huge signature by one of the better-known contributors...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, the most famous author would likely get them last. They are less likely to go missing that way.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Actually, the most famous author would likely get them last. They are less likely to go missing that way.
    Ding ding ding!

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I always thought the free-for-all pages looked messy compared to something like this:

It's my preference, too, but it's only possible when we're 100% sure of who will be able to sign when the sheets are printed. If someone is a "maybe" and then it turns out they cannot sign, we hate the idea of having a blank line with their name there in the final book. It guarantees that A) we get calls and emails about why the person was "missed" and B) it draws attention to the person who was unable to sign and they get the same questions.

So unless we're 100% sure, we go with "yearbook" style signing sheets. But yeah, that's not my preference. I like the clean look of the named lines.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    That said, I like odd stuff and would get a kick out of a double-signed page, or a page where something unusual was done (a signature in another author's signature or something).

Also, does anyone else have books with multiple signatures and some are WAY larger than others? I wonder, does the author with the big signature think they that deserve to have a bigger place on the page - like, they get the sheet to sign and look at the other signatures and think "well I better make mine bigger than all those ones"? Or, maybe more likely, the most famous author gets them first and signs them in whatever we he or she wants and then the others sign smaller? There's one in particular that I can't think of right now where there's two ordered columns until about halfway down, and then a huge signature by one of the better-known contributors...
    We're trying to do a better job of letting the authors know how many people are signing each sheet, so they can space themselves out appropriately, but sometimes you see signatures clumped together in one part of the sheet (people trying to leave room for a lot of other signers) and then a few big signatures from the last signers trying to fill space.

And some authors just sign BIG. It might be easier on their wrists depending on their signature. I'm not sure.

There is one author who shall remain nameless (because I've forgotten who it is now -- ha!) who ALWAYS shoved his signature into the highest spot on the sheet, even if he was the last one to sign and there was really no room there and he was signing by the crop marks and his name was going to be partially trimmed off. Didn't matter. HAD to be the highest signature in the book!

Brian

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I remember signing Borderlands 5 -- not only did they have designated spots for each author's signature (also my preference), the sheets came with a cutout "size template" that you put over the line and your signature had to fit within the box!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's my preference, too, but it's only possible when we're 100% sure of who will be able to sign when the sheets are printed. If someone is a "maybe" and then it turns out they cannot sign, we hate the idea of having a blank line with their name there in the final book. It guarantees that A) we get calls and emails about why the person was "missed" and B) it draws attention to the person who was unable to sign and they get the same questions.

So unless we're 100% sure, we go with "yearbook" style signing sheets. But yeah, that's not my preference. I like the clean look of the named lines.

We're trying to do a better job of letting the authors know how many people are signing each sheet, so they can space themselves out appropriately, but sometimes you see signatures clumped together in one part of the sheet (people trying to leave room for a lot of other signers) and then a few big signatures from the last signers trying to fill space.

And some authors just sign BIG. It might be easier on their wrists depending on their signature. I'm not sure.

There is one author who shall remain nameless (because I've forgotten who it is now -- ha!) who ALWAYS shoved his signature into the highest spot on the sheet, even if he was the last one to sign and there was really no room there and he was signing by the crop marks and his name was going to be partially trimmed off. Didn't matter. HAD to be the highest signature in the book!

Brian
    Interesting! I assumed that there were reasons for these things that I'm just unaware of and it's neat to hear it from a publisher how this actually works.

Also please don't take my post as a criticism directed toward CD, this was just the thread that made me think about it. I think I'm going to make a new thread for multiply-signed books. There are some cool ones out there and I'd love to see people post and comment on their favorites...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I remember signing Borderlands 5 -- not only did they have designated spots for each author's signature (also my preference), the sheets came with a cutout "size template" that you put over the line and your signature had to fit within the box!
    Ha! I'd be curious to look at Borderlands 1-4 and see if there were one or more offending authors they tried to head off at the pass

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did CD offer a Remarque on the forthcoming Sleeping Beauties? I’ve started putting together a collection of remarqued gift editions. Just curious...
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    Did CD offer a Remarque on the forthcoming Sleeping Beauties? I’ve started putting together a collection of remarqued gift editions. Just curious...
    I do not believe we've offered remarques for that one yet.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Yet"? I like the sound of that

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you sir 👍
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    "Yet"? I like the sound of that
    I say "yet" because I don't actually know what the plans are on that front and don't want to say anything definite. You'd have to try and pry the info out of Brian.

Gunslinger Apprentice _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about _PCC_ has a spectacular aura about

What’s the timing on the Sleeping Beauties S/L?

Quote Originally Posted by _PCC_ View Post
    What’s the timing on the Sleeping Beauties S/L?
    I'm not 100% sure yet. Once we have the last thing we're waiting on, I'll have a much better idea, hopefully!

Brian

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Brian,

Is there a more definite publication date for Night Shift than what is available on the production update?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian, I sent you an email with a couple of inquires
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Is there a more definite publication date for Night Shift than what is available on the production update?
    Not that I have yet, but I'll post something when I know more!

For those interested, He'll Come Knocking at Your Door and Tales from Greystone Bay will star shipping on Thursday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 689 of 889 FirstFirst ... 189 589 639 679 687 688 689 690 691 699 739 789 ... LastLast