Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 267 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 6654

Thread: General Movie Discussion - **please mark spoilers**

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Um... do you mean Cool World.
    yep

so awesome I think i'm gonna watch it again tonight
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Traveler Mia deschain is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

in case you all don't know JJ Abrhams is no longer going to make the DT Movies
    http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/new...ower-neilm.php

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Ah, I fear you're right Pam! The drool emoticon is appropriate, seeing as how the majority of her films make me want to Zzzzz ....
    Oh, I see.

I think she's a great actress, actually. And I like her action movies, too.

She the ultimate and perfect casting for Tomb Raider and I loved it to death.

Mr and Mrs Smith was a lot of fun and I thought she rocked Wanted.
    I'm looking forward to Salt.

You guys may or may not know this, but Jolie's character was originally meant for Tom Cruise.
    She's a much better actor than he is.

It was also going to go to Johnny Depp, apparently.

Actually, all kidding aside, I've heard a lot of names attached to this movie, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    yep

Gosh. Honestly, I thought it was horrible, which is why I wanted to be sure. I saw it years and years ago... wanna share why you thought it was so great? Maybe I need to revisit.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rather bad acting, the embarrasing guilty pleasure of My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult songs, and the way the crossover blends between live acting and animation? It was entertaining though or at least for me it was.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

I think it was the bad acting that got me. Not that I'm adverse, but still.

If I'm going with the animation/live action blend thing - I'll take Roger Rabbit....or rather Jessica Rabbit. She's not bad, she's just drawn that way.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Jessica is...

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, I fear you're right Pam! The drool emoticon is appropriate, seeing as how the majority of her films make me want to Zzzzz ....
    Oh, I see.

I think she's a great actress, actually. And I like her action movies, too.

She the ultimate and perfect casting for Tomb Raider and I loved it to death.

Mr and Mrs Smith was a lot of fun and I thought she rocked Wanted.
    I'm looking forward to Salt.

You guys may or may not know this, but Jolie's character was originally meant for Tom Cruise.

It was also going to go to Johnny Depp, apparently.

Actually, all kidding aside, I've heard a lot of names attached to this movie, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    yep

Gosh. Honestly, I thought it was horrible, which is why I wanted to be sure. I saw it years and years ago... wanna share why you thought it was so great? Maybe I need to revisit.
    well the thing that it has most in common with who framed roger rabbit is that they both mix live action and animation
    except that cool world does it in a sinister, psychotic apocalyptic- way it goes to places that most cartoons wouldnt even think of like the plot line that sex between people and toons is forbidden because it turns the toons real and causes chaos
    it's really trippy visually and the story is cool but out there, I think the underlying theme is temptation
    its very chaotic and unsettling to watch, most people I've asked about it either dont know of it or HATE it but I really enjoy it, the scenes where kim bassinger is switching back and forth between being a doodle (toon) and noid (person) are mind boggling
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

would be cooler with johnny depp IMO....tom cruise has worn out his "spy" welcome, though he did an ok job at it
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

hahah...I had to post this everywhere, it cracked me up for this weekend!

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Revolver

I finally watched Revolver the other night and I'm still not sure if I liked it or not.

There were parts that I really enjoyed and there were parts that I just found downright annoying. I'm not sure what Guy Ritchie was going for here. I think he wanted to make a film that had a message instead of just making one of his normal films.

The problem with that is I like his normal films. I always hate when a filmmaker tries to send a message with a film instead of just tyring to tell a good story.

I think if Ritchie just stuck to his formula Revolver might have been as good as Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Instead, we get a twisted, convoluted plot that just ends up coming off as pretentious.

There were parts of Revolver that may have saved the film for me. The first was Mark Strong as the hitman. He was so cool and captivating in every scene. I wanted more of him. He's easily one of the most badass hitmen I've seen in a long time.

The other is Jason Statham. I love him in almost every movie and he gives another great performance here. He tries his best with the overly complicated material and make it watchable.

Only the most die hard Ritchie fans should watch Revolver. Everyone else should steer clear.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You didn't like it Mike? I thought for sure you'd love it. It is a bit different than his other films, and not as good as his first two, but I still really enjoyed it. You should definitely give it another viewing. I think you'd be able to appreciate it a bit more. And you have to at least admit that the cinematography was amazing in it.
    Have you seen RocknRolla yet? If so what were your thoughts on that one?

Brice I finished up the mother trilogy
    This one was a lot more violent and graphic than his other films. I wasn't expecting that. I think I like the other ones more for the atmosphere he created. And even the death scenes in those seemed more poetic (sorry that's probably the worst analogy, but I can't think of a better way to describe it). You didn't really see much but you still knew what was going on. Has he just changed as a director where his films now are more in this style, or does he still create films that are like Suspiria. I think I'm going to check out Tenebre since I've heard a lot of good stuff about that one. And then I'll be waiting to hear what my next one should be
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You didn't like it Mike? I thought for sure you'd love it. It is a bit different than his other films, and not as good as his first two, but I still really enjoyed it. You should definitely give it another viewing. I think you'd be able to appreciate it a bit more. And you have to at least admit that the cinematography was amazing in it.
    I gave it a 60% on Rotten Tomatoes. That's a fresh rating, so I guess I liked it. I just didn't love it.

I do agree that the cinematography was great. As a videographer, that's usually enough for me to enjoy a film even if the film itself is not great.

I just think I was expecting something else. From what I have read, Revolver does need to be seen a second time to fully appreciate the story. The only problem with that is I have so many other movies that I want to watch for the first time.

I have seen RocknRolla and I did enjoy that one more than Revolver. I did however think the film lacked focus at times.

I'm really looking forward to Sherlock Holmes, I hope Ritchie gets back on track with that one.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I'm really looking forward to Sherlock Holmes, I hope Ritchie gets back on track with that one.
    then you haven't seen the trailer? because to me it looks like a complete piece of crap action movie that any hack could have done.

revolver does make more sense the second time, but i think the only "message" ritchie is really sending is that he can do more than make a third film like his first two. i loved lock stock... and snatch but i loved revolver as well, specifically because it was so different. it may not be the kind like the first two i'd watch time and time again, but i thought it was quite good, particularly showing that given a script, statham can actually act.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Lock, Stock and Snatch, and they were both enjoyable, but by no means would I say that Ritchie is among my favorite directors.

However, I might see Sherlock (if enough of my friends are going) cause Robert Downey Jr is effin legit.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post

then you haven't seen the trailer? because to me it looks like a complete piece of crap action movie that any hack could have done.

revolver does make more sense the second time, but i think the only "message" ritchie is really sending is that he can do more than make a third film like his first two. i loved lock stock... and snatch but i loved revolver as well, specifically because it was so different. it may not be the kind like the first two i'd watch time and time again, but i thought it was quite good, particularly showing that given a script, statham can actually act.
    I have seen the trailer for Sherlock Holmes and it does disturb me to see so much action. I didn't realize Sherlock Holmes was John McClaine. My thinking is that the studio packed as much action into the trailer in order to lure people to the theater. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I'm not faulting Ritchie for doing something different, I think it's great when a filmmaker steps outside his comfort zone. The only problem is that Ritchie really didn't do that. He took something different and wrapped it in the same package as his other films. That's kind of my problem.

It's like waking up Christmas morning and seeing a present shaped like a football under the tree. Then when you go to open it's really just a teapot shaped football. What the heck am I going to do with that?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ritchie is easily one of my favorite current directors. But I'm with jayson on Sherlock. I've only seen the trailer but based on that alone, had I not known Ritchie was directing it there is no possible way you'd get me into the theater to see it. I was really excited about it until I saw that, so hopefully I'm wrong and it turns out to be a great film.

here is some good news for terry gilliam fans (on this, terry gilliam's birthday)...

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/...-january-2010/

Sony Picture Classics USA Says Dr. Parnassus Will Have Nationwide Release Beginning January 8, 2010

Monday, November 16th, 2009 | Author: Administrator
    EXCLUSIVE

Sony Picture Classics USA has just contacted me directly and asked me to tell all the fans that Terry Gilliam’s much anticipated The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus will receive a NATIONWIDE release beginning January 8, 2010. It will open in New York and Los Angeles on December 25, then go into nationwide release. It will be a platform release.

Sony Picture Classics will provide this site with a list of the theaters in which the film will be showing and the dates it will be showing as soon as that list has been finalized. The list will also appear on their official site for the movie at the same time at OFFICIAL SPC DR. PARNASSUS SITE

SPC is very excited about releasing this film and we are very excited with the news of this nationwide release!!!! PLEASE NOTE: This does not mean the movie will be in wide release, i.e. your neighborhood megaplex, instead expect it in art house theaters, it means that it will be seen around the country. We still are working hard toward wide release as fans. We need to help Sony and give them those audiences. Educate your friends about the movie, tell them about the movie on forums, in person, on LJ, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter. But, tell them.

My Mood
    Gay

jayon - that's great news!! I was hoping they'd push for December ( to make the Oscar push ) but I'll take it !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    hahah...I had to post this everywhere, it cracked me up for this weekend!

Or... my favorite :

And Then Buffy Staked Edward... The End.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Brice I finished up the mother trilogy
    This one was a lot more violent and graphic than his other films. I wasn't expecting that. I think I like the other ones more for the atmosphere he created. And even the death scenes in those seemed more poetic (sorry that's probably the worst analogy, but I can't think of a better way to describe it). You didn't really see much but you still knew what was going on. Has he just changed as a director where his films now are more in this style, or does he still create films that are like Suspiria. I think I'm going to check out Tenebre since I've heard a lot of good stuff about that one. And then I'll be waiting to hear what my next one should be
    He has seemed to have opted for more graphic violence in his more recent films as I recall and I'd agree it takes away somewhat from the atmosphere and tone of his films. He is still great, but different and probably not as great as he was, IMO. I would definitely describe some of his death scenes as poetic.

Let me know when you're ready.

If you rescue me

jayon - that's great news!! I was hoping they'd push for December ( to make the Oscar push ) but I'll take it !!
    given that it was initially what, march of this year? i'll take it whenever it comes out at this point. my fear was that i would have to wait for dvd, and this is a see-in-the-theater movie if ever there was one, and since you know by now i see maybe one movie in the theater a year, that says a lot for me.

My Mood
    Gay

given that it was initially what, march of this year? i'll take it whenever it comes out at this point. my fear was that i would have to wait for dvd, and this is a see-in-the-theater movie if ever there was one, and since you know by now i see maybe one movie in the theater a year, that says a lot for me.
    We should pick a day and all go see it around the same time if we can.

I've been looking forward to it ! And am super-happy it's a theatrical release!

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So, has anybody seen A Serious Man?

Because, I, y'know, really want to. And am wondering what you peoples think.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe New Moon made 140 million bucks at the box office this weekend.

I haven't seen the film, so I won't say anything bad. Also, I don't want to offend anybody that does like the series.

What I will say is that it worries me to see a film make that much money despite its poor reviews. I just feel that Hollywood has pumped out a lot of crap in recent years and it will only get worse once they know films like this will make them millions.

here is some good news for terry gilliam fans (on this, terry gilliam's birthday)...

http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/...-january-2010/

Sony Picture Classics USA Says Dr. Parnassus Will Have Nationwide Release Beginning January 8, 2010

Monday, November 16th, 2009 | Author: Administrator
    EXCLUSIVE

Sony Picture Classics USA has just contacted me directly and asked me to tell all the fans that Terry Gilliam’s much anticipated The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus will receive a NATIONWIDE release beginning January 8, 2010. It will open in New York and Los Angeles on December 25, then go into nationwide release. It will be a platform release.

Sony Picture Classics will provide this site with a list of the theaters in which the film will be showing and the dates it will be showing as soon as that list has been finalized. The list will also appear on their official site for the movie at the same time at OFFICIAL SPC DR. PARNASSUS SITE

SPC is very excited about releasing this film and we are very excited with the news of this nationwide release!!!! PLEASE NOTE: This does not mean the movie will be in wide release, i.e. your neighborhood megaplex, instead expect it in art house theaters, it means that it will be seen around the country. We still are working hard toward wide release as fans. We need to help Sony and give them those audiences. Educate your friends about the movie, tell them about the movie on forums, in person, on LJ, MySpace, Facebook, Twitter. But, tell them.
    Excellent! Thanks for the update jayson. I actually saw the trailer for this one a few weeks back at the theater. Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Let me know when you're ready.
    Thanks Brice

My Mood
    Gay

I can't believe New Moon made 140 million bucks at the box office this weekend.
    Yeah, I'm fairly sure this is one of the seven signs of the Apocolypse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 267 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 226 ... LastLast