Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Meet Up / Las Vegas Meet Up

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Florida Meet Up / Las Vegas Meet Up

Hi all,

I'm planning on being in Florida on 9th Jan 2016. I'm there for a few days on business but as before, the evening of my arrival is the only free time I have. Anybody available for a few beers and SK collecting chat?
    Last edited by Patrick; 03-01-2016 at 05:09 PM.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you going to be in the Orlando area or elsewhere? Either way safe travels!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Im game, especially since I missed the last one!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Are you going to be in the Orlando area or elsewhere? Either way safe travels!
    Yes, Orlando, near to DownTown Disney - This is the hotel I will be at (same as last time for those that I met before)

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Im game, especially since I missed the last one!
    It would be great to see you Neil!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm game if I can get the night off. Keep me posted on the plans.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Hi all,

I'm planning on being in Florida on 9th Jan 2016. I'm there for a few days on business but as before, the evening of my arrival is the only free time I have. Anybody available for a few beers and SK collecting chat?
    Too bad you aren't there a bit later in January. You might have combined business with pleasure and a King signing...

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

when is he signing in Jan?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

when is he signing in Jan?
    I was being a bit cheeky.
    Nothing has been announced, but some hope was given on the SK message board.
    King lives in Florida during the winter. King will be in Bradenton, FL for a John Grisham event on January 19th, 2016. It's extremely unlikely King will sign books at the Grishom event. That doesn't mean a stalker couldn't go to the event or nearby places to hope and snag King for a signature.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

right. Man, i missed the Library event last year because of going to Sundance and will be doing the same again this year.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be there.

I mentioned it to sentinel and he'll try to go too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi all,

sIMON. WILL try to make a run up thatway this time.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! thanks guys. It will be probably be a meetup time of around 8:00pm? I land at 5:30 so will be at the hotel for 6:30 - 7:00pm.

We could meet at the hotel or I could get a taxi over to Downtown Disney and meet in one of the bars there?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I'll be there.

I mentioned it to sentinel and he'll try to go too.
    LOL! you'd better be man - you have some things for me to take back (oh 2 more on the way, I'll PM you the details, no more I promise!)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! thanks guys. It will be probably be a meetup time of around 8:00pm? I land at 5:30 so will be at the hotel for 6:30 - 7:00pm.

We could meet at the hotel or I could get a taxi over to Downtown Disney and meet in one of the bars there?
    Downtown Disney is not really close to the Shingle Creek. International drive is very close to it and there are plenty of bars and places to carouse
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shingle Creek isn't the hotel from last year. That was World Center which is closer to Downtown Disney

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes sorry, my mistake. Last year my company held their main conference at Shingle Creek, but as it was filled with customers and VIP guests, employees stayed at World Center and got bused in. This time we get to stay in Shingle Creek.

Country
    Country Flag

Downtown Disney is not really close to the Shingle Creek. International drive is very close to it and there are plenty of bars and places to carouse
    Do you know a good one? Or is the hotel a better idea?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ale House on Kirkman is a pretty decent joint with cheap drinks, good food, sports bar atmosphere. There are plenty of other places too. Tilted Kilt has hot waitresses similar to Hooters.
    There are a load of places right there on I drive.

Drinking in the Rosen Bar is prolly pretty expensive. Also paying for parking by meeting at the hotel is an issue. I'd suggest we start at some place on I drive like Alehouse and if everyone is not feeling it we can check out a new joint.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Gunslinger Apprentice Sovereign is on a distinguished road Sovereign's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

If anyone needs a house to rent in Orlando, let me know 5 and 6 bedroom vacation homes available for a weekly rental.
    "No two persons ever read the same book." - Edmund Wilson

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

ROFL, I dont think its gonna be that kind of party (but u never know...)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

I don't really like a sports bar or 'hooters' type restaurant.

I'd like good food and good beer where we can talk and relax.

There is a place at Pointe Orlando called The Pub. It's a British theme restaurant. They have a decent "Pub" menu and plenty of beer choices.

http://www.experiencethepub.com/orla.../draught-beers

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I don't really like a sports bar or 'hooters' type restaurant.

I'd like good food and good beer where we can talk and relax.

There is a place at Pointe Orlando called The Pub. It's a British theme restaurant. They have a decent "Pub" menu and plenty of beer choices.

http://www.experiencethepub.com/orla.../draught-beers
    I just PM'd Brian on this place - it's pretty good (I visited it last time I was in Florida)

I do find it funny that I fly all the way to the US and end up in a british themed pub, but hey what the hell

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I'm good for any where, just send me a time, date and place!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

any place works for me, as well!

Good food in a British place? hahahahahahah!

I'll have a pint o de Black!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Fakk! I have a Magic game on the 9th. I could probably show up late...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast