Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Roll Call & Meetup Venues

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    October 6th, 2017 Sarasota Attendees:
    Meetup Place: Tavern On Main ?

Barlow
    Becca69 (+1)
    CitizenX (+1)
    Roseannebarr (+1)
    Webstar1000 (+1)
    I'll be there.

Thanks to one of the most awesome members on this site!

EXPLORER will have a good idea where to meet.
    I hope that it is helpful. I know that it was back when I did a similar thing. Is Explorer going to the Sarasota event?

Now I just need people to say "preshow (and give a time)" or "postshow"..... or Both.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Both.
    Pre-show would be at noon or 1pm at the latest so people could eat and drink and still have time to go to their room, or go wait in line 4 hours. I don't do lines so well, so I can't see myself getting in line until ~90 minutes before the event.

After the show, whoever wants to meet can do so also.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

September 30th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI
    Meetup Place: Miller Time Pub & Grill ?

Attendees:
    AMD13 (+1)
    BDwyer19 (+2)
    GSVEC (+2)
    RichardsRareBooks (+1)
    Scroogs (+?)
    I will be traveling from TX to a friends house in Chicago. He'll be joining me, he has read maybe 10-20 king books (mostly borrowed from me). I will be at his mercy since I don't plan on renting a car, but I will try to talk him into going to any meetup we have before the talk.

An alternate location would be http://www.safe-house.com/. It is very close to the theater (walking distance). In fact my friend and I went there before going to see "The ghost brothers of Darkland county" at the pabst theater several years ago. It's a very interesting place. If you don't know the password they will make you do silly things to "prove" you are not an enemy spy. (you will be on camera for other customers to watch).

Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool website for Safe-House.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA Attendees:
    Meetup Place: Union Street Restaurant And Bar ?

Cit74 (+3)
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24
    Randall Flagg (+9)?
    Surly
    Zelig
    I'll be a plus one for the meetup.
    My wife is my plus 1 and we also will have 2 old friends from Boston join us.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    October 6th, 2017 Sarasota Attendees:
    Meetup Place: Tavern On Main ?

Barlow
    Becca69 (+1)
    CitizenX (+1)
    Roseannebarr (+1)
    Webstar1000 (+1)
    I'll be there.

Thanks to one of the most awesome members on this site!

EXPLORER will have a good idea where to meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    I have 2 friends who will be coming as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Looks like I may be going to Sarasota. There are two places very near the library where the event is that look interesting.
    Tavern on Main

and Duvals Fresh Local Seafood

Check the map out, but be aware one place nearby appears to be a bar only, and another place doesn't open until 5PM.

Since seating is first come, first served at the King event, perhaps lunch/cocktails before, and cocktails afterward would be the way to go.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/B...9!2d27.3376639
    I always enjoy Duvals & have shared that place with several other members. I go there for lunch often when in Sarasota.

We have met at Classico (corner of Main & Palm) before and/or after other Sarasota events. It would accommodate a larger group.

I am not familiar with Tavern on Main however can try and check out this week.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    September 30th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI
    Meetup Place: Miller Time Pub & Grill ?

Attendees:
    AMD13 (+1)
    BDwyer19 (+2)
    GSVEC (+2)
    RichardsRareBooks (+1)
    Scroogs (+?)
    I will be traveling from TX to a friends house in Chicago. He'll be joining me, he has read maybe 10-20 king books (mostly borrowed from me). I will be at his mercy since I don't plan on renting a car, but I will try to talk him into going to any meetup we have before the talk.

An alternate location would be http://www.safe-house.com/. It is very close to the theater (walking distance). In fact my friend and I went there before going to see "The ghost brothers of Darkland county" at the pabst theater several years ago. It's a very interesting place. If you don't know the password they will make you do silly things to "prove" you are not an enemy spy. (you will be on camera for other customers to watch).

Mike
    Will you be going to the Naperville show too?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No, my friend prefered Milwaukee since he lives in Wilmette IL, which is north of Chicago, so trafic is better, plus Saturday night was better. After hearing about the venue for Naperville, glad we made that choice.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default also attending the Sept. 27th Newton Mass event!

September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3)
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24 (+1)
    Randall Flagg (+9)?
    Surly
    Zelig
    can i crash this party? attending the signing with a plus 1!

~ i know a small group of like minded collectors also attending, and we were looking for a place to meet up before the event

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

October 3rd, 2017 Portland, OR
    Meetup Place: Bailey's Taproom ?

Attendees:
    JReitan47 (+3)
    MLG
    NeedfulKings (+1)
    RC65
    I'm going to be coming down from Seattle (and then afterward trying to get home before 2am), so I'll be lucky if I get to the venue in time for the show, so chances of my making a meetup are, I'm afraid, not particularly good.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where is everyone staying in Sarasota? Tampa?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

I'll be in Portland (of course!), but will not be able to do a meet up this time.
    ~Jonathan

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    King guest house...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    King guest house...
    Share a room brother?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be in NYC and am bringing a friend of mine. Depends on the meet up place and time if I can make it. I have lots of sightseeing to do!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I'll be in NYC and am bringing a friend of mine. Depends on the meet up place and time if I can make it. I have lots of sightseeing to do!
    What would be a preferred time for you?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NY people, should we poll to see what people want to do in terms of pre- or post-event gathering/dinner/food?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    NY people, should we poll to see what people want to do in terms of pre- or post-event gathering/dinner/food?
    Sounds good. I think you need to get on this!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Consider it got!

BEFORE: Doors open at 6:15, but I'm assuming most of us would want to get there at least by 5:30-6:00 for a better chance at a good seat. Meaning a meet-up/gathering/dinner would be a couple hours before. Maybe 3:00-3:30 (or even earlier, depending on what everyone's feeling). The only restaurant I know nearby is Junior's (which is 6 minutes away from the church), though I'm sure there are others.

AFTER: The "show" is at 7pm, so I'm guessing we won't get out until 8:30ish, depending on how long the conversation and book distribution goes. It might be late for a week night (especially for those traveling), but on the pro side, we wouldn't have to worry about time constraints.

I guess the real question is whether NY attendees want to eat or not (and how long you can hold off).

Let the voting begin!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3)
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24 (+1)
    Randall Flagg (+9)?
    Surly
    Zelig
    ZombieElvis (+1)

Scratch Flagg

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    What would be a preferred time for you?
    I'm not sure as I don't know what we're doing that day yet so please don't plan around me. Once you guys decide on a time and place(either before or after the event) I'll see what I can do as I would love to meet everyone!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Travel to Sarasota booked.
    Arrive early Wednesday morning. Leave Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA Attendees:

Cit74 (+3)
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24
    Randall Flagg (+9)?
    Surly
    Zelig
    I'll be a plus one for the meetup.
    My wife is my plus 1 and we also will have 2 old friends from Boston join us.
    So who is available for the Boston meetup? Would people prefer before or after the event (or both)?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd only possibly be available for a before meet up in Boston. Traveling with the family so we will be touring around Boston that day - along newbury street (gotta keep the wife happy). And afterwards we will be driving straight to Vermont for a family wedding that weekend. So don't count on me - but I can probably swing by if people meeting before hand
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Consider it got!

BEFORE: Doors open at 6:15, but I'm assuming most of us would want to get there at least by 5:30-6:00 for a better chance at a good seat. Meaning a meet-up/gathering/dinner would be a couple hours before. Maybe 3:00-3:30 (or even earlier, depending on what everyone's feeling). The only restaurant I know nearby is Junior's (which is 6 minutes away from the church), though I'm sure there are others.

AFTER: The "show" is at 7pm, so I'm guessing we won't get out until 8:30ish, depending on how long the conversation and book distribution goes. It might be late for a week night (especially for those traveling), but on the pro side, we wouldn't have to worry about time constraints.

I guess the real question is whether NY attendees want to eat or not (and how long you can hold off).

Let the voting begin!
    I think eating around 4 would be better or after the event. Not sure if Jacob is coming or not but I won't be able to leave until school around 2 is out if he decides to come. I might be able to get him out a bit early??
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast