Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Shining - Let's Discuss! *SPOILERS*

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/jimi...rrances-redrum

Purchased this today. There's a couple of really cool dark tower shirts on that site too.
    These were on teefury a couple days ago for $10. Several here purchased them.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That site has a lot of the old teefury stuff.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/jimi...rrances-redrum

Purchased this today. There's a couple of really cool dark tower shirts on that site too.
    These were on teefury a couple days ago for $10. Several here purchased them.
    I know, I missed it. I'm glad I found that site to still get the shirt. Planning on grabbing the Midworld Lanes shirt too. They've got a lot of cool shirts on there.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My new shirt

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine came on Weds. I dig it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got one too.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Maybe it's just because I had seen the movie numerous times before I read the book, but I still love the Kubrick film. It's one of my all-time favorite horror films. I also really enjoyed the book, but in a different way. I did like how it added more depth to Jack's character, and we got a lot more history on the hotel.
    I've only seen the miniseries once when it first came out, but I just remember not really caring for it much. Maybe I should go back and watch it again.
    I loved the film and the book. It's the most complete of King's novels in my opinion. It works on a lot of levels - ghost story, alcoholism, crushing responsibility of families and career and general bad mojo of life. The trip to room 217 was the scariest thing King has written.

John F. Kennedy Random321321 is on a distinguished road

I think it's best to pretend the Kubrick movie and the book have nothing to do with each other. They each have their own merits, though I think the movie is better in its medium.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Random321321 View Post
    I think it's best to pretend the Kubrick movie and the book have nothing to do with each other. They each have their own merits, though I think the movie is better in its medium.
    That's just what I do.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Random321321 View Post
    I would have to respectfully agree with your first statement and disagree with your second. When I finished reading "The Shining" when it first came out, I thought it to be King's greatest work!!! A totally enthralling read that needed to be counted with the "Classics". Even divesting myself of the book, Kubrick's film was "haunting", but to me not the "scariest" movie of all time ("The Haunting of Hill House", in it's day was scarier. Same could be said for "The Exorcist".) !!! Of course, that's just MHO!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the movie but also really love the tv series. I own both and would pick the tv series over the movie even though I am a huge Jack N. fan.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I love the movie but also really love the tv series. I own both and would pick the tv series over the movie even though I am a huge Jack N. fan.
    Gotta agree with you there. I also have it on DVD. Nice production for a TV miniseries, well cast and much closer to the book!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoy the book, movie, and tv series.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Not a fan of the tv film. It followed the book more closely but I thought the casting was atrocious. I don't know what they were thinking
    Kubrick's film however will forever remain a favorite of mine. Quite possibly my favorite horror film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not a fan of the tv film. It followed the book more closely but I thought the casting was atrocious. I don't know what they were thinking
    Kubrick's film however will forever remain a favorite of mine. Quite possibly my favorite horror film.
    Oh, and Shelly Duval was "Genius"? LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Far from it. But for whatever reason she never really bothered me in the film.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Far from it. But for whatever reason she never really bothered me in the film.
    That's about all she did for me. Bother me from start to finish!!! LOL My head kept screaming "Why oh Why"? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I can understand that. Well it's a shame she ruined the movie for you. As far as horror films go it's easily one of the scariest for me.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If Shelley Duvall could act as well as she handled the scene where Jack bust through the door with the axe throughout the whole film she'd have been great. Sadly this is THE single high point of her acting career. LOL

If you rescue me

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Shelly has almost black hair and Rebecca has blonde hair, which is correct for Wendy Torrance?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I haven't checked the book to be sure, but I remember thinking Rebecca looked more like the Wendy I read about... not sure if there were specific details in the text that caused me to make that decision or not. lol

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wendy Torrance had blonde hair in the book.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    I haven't checked the book to be sure, but I remember thinking Rebecca looked more like the Wendy I read about... not sure if there were specific details in the text that caused me to make that decision or not. lol
    She did!! The SK TV version was cast much better than the Kubrick version (IMHO) with the exception of Nicholson. Thinking of the movies here of course!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Question: How much did you like Jack Torrance?

I lent the book to a friend (who walked it into blind and had no idea about Jack Nicholson's take on the character) and she didn't like Jack very much even before he went crazy at the end.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say I never liked the self-centered SOB too much from the first time I "met" him. He reminded me very much of my alcoholic uncle.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast