Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New hardcover editions of The Talisman & Black House

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default New hardcover editions of The Talisman & Black House

Not sure why these are being published. Possible Talisman 3 in the wings?

Both out November 6, 2012.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

By all reports, there's been no work done on T3.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those covers are sweet!

US or UK? Which publisher?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

US. Scribner.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

That sort of explains it then -- Scribner never had the rights to those books before. They must have reverted from Random House and been assigned to Scribner.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like both of thoe covers a lot.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Me too! As a combo, I like these better than the original Black House and the reddish (?) Talisman reissue.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Me too! As a combo, I like these better than the original Black House and the reddish (?) Talisman reissue.
    I agree!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Damn nice covers. I can't wait until a Talisman/Black House 3.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_kingst04
    As you might know, Scribner is publishing stunning new hardcover editions of
    The Talisman and Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub. Due to
    popular demand, we'll be creating a special slipcase to house both books in
    stylish fashion for our collectors, and as a special bonus we're including
    an incredible poster created by Tomislav Tikulin just for this set! This
    poster will feature original, never-before-seen artwork and it'll look great
    on the wall of your office, reading room, den, or library.

We'll only create enough slipcases and posters to fill our preorders, so
    there might only be a couple dozen or a few hundred (at the very most!) of
    these collectible book sets anywhere in the world!

About the Book:
    This fall, Scribner will be publishing stunning new hardcover editions of The Talisman and Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub. Due to popular demand, we'll be creating a special slipcase to house both books in stylish fashion for our collectors, and as a special bonus we'll be including an incredible artwork poster created by Tomislav Tikulin just for this set! We'll only create enough slipcases and posters to fill our preorders for the two book set, so there might only be a couple dozen or a few hundred (at the very most) of these collectible book sets anywhere in the world! Place your order early so you don't miss out!

Included in this Collectible Set:
    * the new hardcover edition of The Talisman, to be published by Scribner this fall ($35.00 retail value)
    * the new hardcover edition of Black House, to be published by Scribner this fall ($35.00 retail value)
    * a special Limited Edition Slipcase custom-made by Cemetery Dance specifically for this set. This huge slipcase will be sized perfectly to protect both books and the design features will include custom hot-foil stamping and the high production values of our previous Stephen King slipcases. ($29.95 retail value)
    * an original full-size poster featuring original artwork by Tomislav Tikulin that is being commissioned by Cemetery Dance specifically for this set ($20 retail value)

So that's nearly a $120 retail value for just $99, and the slipcase and the poster will not be sold in stores! If you want this very cool collectible set for your Stephen King collection, this is the place to order!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered the set (despite the insane shipping costs to Europe). Looking forward to receiving it!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a big fan of the new covers. I think it's the bland font.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered the books through Amazon. Nice discount, plus very low shipping/handling costs.
    The slipcase I hope to order from CD at a later date.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

I understood that CD will only produce as many slipcases as needed for the number of sets that are ordered.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are always extras.....(I hope..)

sk

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the new covers. I think it's the bland font.
    Co-signed. I don't get why his covers are getting simplified with the advance of tools available to artists. His older fonts were, at least to me, much more eye-catching: It, Misery, Bag of Bones, The Shining, The Green Mile, most DT books etc. These two fonts in particular stand out too much. Maybe a different shade and a little more blending into the picture would've worked better.

I'll still buy them but I wish his camp cared enough to put a little more thought and effort into it.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I ordered the slipcase with books from CD. I want to see how many items I can get back-ordered from CD. It's a contest I'm having with myself; the anticipation is killing me, but it's FUN waiting for all these books and things to come out (I realize that's a contradictory statement, but it's still true). Once they arrive I look at them and then put them on my groaning bookshelves, only to see them again when I dust them.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Dust? We're supposed to dust our books? Nobody ever told me this ...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

It's a serious situation! Dust mites lay 30 to 50 eggs every few days, and dust accumulates mainly on books and carpeting, causing allergic reactions and breathing problems. I read it in the newspaper, so it must be true.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

These new books draw zero interest from me. Great books but I already own them...

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    These new books draw zero interest from me. Great books but I already own them...
    I've felt the same way. I wouldn't mind the slipcase, but doesn't seem like it's worth the price for a couple of reprints.

Country
    Country Flag

I like these covers a lot so I will be getting them anyway. But the humongous shipping costs ($64!) are starting to gnaw at my conscience... maybe Siep's way is the way to go after all.

Well, to put it into perspective, I almost didn't buy the 2nd printing of THE GUNSLINGER trade hardcover from Grant. After all, I already had two editions of it. I doubt these books will increase in value that much, but you never know!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    But the humongous shipping costs ($64!) are starting to gnaw at my conscience... maybe Siep's way is the way to go after all.
    No maybe about it, Michaël!

sk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast