Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 301 of 332 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 8284

Thread: Joe Hill, Author

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I also cancelled my direct order with SP and asked Kim to set one aside for me. When the time comes, I'll add some more books to my order and have them shipped all at once.

I don't have any Hill books right now, nor have I ever read any. With Suntup's Horns and SubPress's Full Throttle, I'd say I'm off to a good start, though.

Speaking of which, what is the best/best looking/most complete way to get the Locke & Key series? I'm interested in that, but all the different versions and collections and one-shots confuse the heck out of me. Any advice would be much appreciated!
    If you're just looking to read it, hit the library. If you're looking to collect them, that's a whole different ball of wax. Marco's site is the perfect resource for all things Hill. The editions that Sub Press put out are really nice.
    Be careful. Subterranean stopped without completing the series.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Speaking of Hill this announcement of all of these new comics he's involved with has me utterly confused.
    Marco, is there a comprehensive list on your site or can someone list them here? There were so many my head practically exploded.
    I want the ones he's writing and release dates.

Thank you!
    Hi Lori,
    At this moment Joe’s working on a couple of comics series/issues:
    1. Marvel Comics #1000 (1 page story), release 28 August
    2. Locke & Key: Dog Days, ‘regular’ one-shot containing two new shorts (one of the Nailed It which was a con exclusive at SDCC), release 16 October
    3. Hill House Comics, series of 5 issues with a continuing story by Joe and he also wrote the script for issues #1 and #5. Issue #1 release 30 October
    4. St Holmes, new comics series but not much details known yet
    5. New Locke & Key series called World War Key with story arc 1 Revolution, no other details known yet

Additional details and images on my site in the COMICS section
    Looking for lettered Voluntary Committal (Subterranean)

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Are there plans to release the Dog Days book in HC? All I can find available for pre-order is the Kindle edition.

Gunslinger Apprentice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL is just really nice MarcoL's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are there plans to release the Dog Days book in HC? All I can find available for pre-order is the Kindle edition.
    Don’t know. Some of the previous one-shots were collected in Heaven & Earth so IDW may do another one like that, but for know it’s just a one-shot comic available in every comic book store

If you collect Joe Hill, check out my website http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoL View Post
    I also cancelled my direct order with SP and asked Kim to set one aside for me. When the time comes, I'll add some more books to my order and have them shipped all at once.

I don't have any Hill books right now, nor have I ever read any. With Suntup's Horns and SubPress's Full Throttle, I'd say I'm off to a good start, though.

Speaking of which, what is the best/best looking/most complete way to get the Locke & Key series? I'm interested in that, but all the different versions and collections and one-shots confuse the heck out of me. Any advice would be much appreciated!
    If you're just looking to read it, hit the library. If you're looking to collect them, that's a whole different ball of wax. Marco's site is the perfect resource for all things Hill. The editions that Sub Press put out are really nice.
    Thanks for the shout out Brian
    Just a word of caution, beware that if you start collecting Hill, there’s more than you might think.....
    Most welcome, buddy! And you're right! Down the rabbit hole you'll go......

Speaking of Hill this announcement of all of these new comics he's involved with has me utterly confused.
    Marco, is there a comprehensive list on your site or can someone list them here? There were so many my head practically exploded.

Thank you!
    Lori. Dave at Overlook Connection is offering the full series run of The Hill House comics. They'll mail once the series is complete. I can get a link for you if needed. I'm gonna go this route and get the variants of course

Edit: I also found a site where a lot of the variants can be ordered of the Marvel comic. That one's a killer for a completist!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Had a great conversation with a friend regarding the upcoming Hill events and collecting him. The quote below from the conversation really sums it up for me as a Hill collector.

And forget what others think about us Hillions. Very few of us go to see Joe and get things signed because we plan to retire on the sale of the items. Except for a few special items, most of his stuff will never be in the same category as his dad. We appreciate him for who he is and for who he is not. He is Joseph Hillstrom King and he is his fathers son, but he is not his father. While King may belong to the whole world, right now Joe belongs to us.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Had a great conversation with a friend regarding the upcoming Hill events and collecting him. The quote below from the conversation really sums it up for me as a Hill collector.

And forget what others think about us Hillions. Very few of us go to see Joe and get things signed because we plan to retire on the sale of the items. Except for a few special items, most of his stuff will never be in the same category as his dad. We appreciate him for who he is and for who he is not. He is Joseph Hillstrom King and he is his fathers son, but he is not his father. While King may belong to the whole world, right now Joe belongs to us.
    Hear, hear!!

Country
    Country Flag

Just a word of caution, beware that if you start collecting Hill, there’s more than you might think.....

Thank you!
    Lori. Dave at Overlook Connection is offering the full series run of The Hill House comics. They'll mail once the series is complete. I can get a link for you if needed. I'm gonna go this route and get the variants of course

Edit: I also found a site where a lot of the variants can be ordered of the Marvel comic. That one's a killer for a completist!
    As for the Marvel comic, just added two more variants....you’re absolutely right it’s a killer for the completist. I found a lot for 17 of the variants on Ebay but have get to het my hands on the other ones so curious which site you’re referring to?

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the site I found, Marco. They are offering a lot of 17 as well. I have yet to find a site that list all the variants for sale. Some of these are crazy expensive. I haven't checked with my local comic shop yet.

Comic Elite

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the site I found, Marco. They are offering a lot of 17 as well. I have yet to find a site that list all the variants for sale. Some of these are crazy expensive. I haven't checked with my local comic shop yet.

Comic Elite
    Cheers! That’s the same lot of 17 variants I bought on Ebay

Country
    Country Flag

Comic Elite
    Cheers! That’s the same lot of 17 variants I bought on Ebay
    Might be the same folks then.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!
    Hi Lori,
    At this moment Joe’s working on a couple of comics series/issues:
    1. Marvel Comics #1000 (1 page story), release 28 August
    2. Locke & Key: Dog Days, ‘regular’ one-shot containing two new shorts (one of the Nailed It which was a con exclusive at SDCC), release 16 October
    3. Hill House Comics, series of 5 issues with a continuing story by Joe and he also wrote the script for issues #1 and #5. Issue #1 release 30 October
    4. St Holmes, new comics series but not much details known yet
    5. New Locke & Key series called World War Key with story arc 1 Revolution, no other details known yet

Additional details and images on my site in the COMICS section

Thank you!

Thank you Marco! That helps tremendously. I was baffled (doesn't take much) and excited!

And thank you Brian! I ordered Tales From the Darkside(and yes, the variants ) from Dave when those came out so I'll probably go this route as well for the rest.
    That was well stated by your friend. Amen hillions!

Country
    Country Flag

Most welcome, Lori! I love the term "Hillions".

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

There is a Facebook group where they refer to us as Twisted Hillions or just Hillions.
    🙂😈🙂
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    There is a Facebook group where they refer to us as Twisted Hillions or just Hillions.
    🙂😈🙂
    Might have to join up.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

🙂😈🙂
    Might have to join up.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1161124673966943/
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

🙂😈🙂
    Might have to join up.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1161124673966943/
    Thanks for sharing, all! Joined this morning!

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I joined as well. I'm slowly realising what a slippery slope (or hill, if you will ) I find myself on, now that I'm trying to build a collection of Joe's books. Lucky for me, I'm not much of a completist, so one (signed) edition of each book is enough for me. By my count, that's only eight books I need, which is doable...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I joined as well. I'm slowly realising what a slippery slope (or hill, if you will ) I find myself on, now that I'm trying to build a collection of Joe's books. Lucky for me, I'm not much of a completist, so one (signed) edition of each book is enough for me. By my count, that's only eight books I need, which is doable...
    Aren’t you going to get the gelaskin promo item for GUNPOWDER? No collection would be complete without one.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm the most casual of Joe Hill collectors, and even I'm afraid of the slope I'm sliding down. Even if you just restrict yourself to the novels and short story collections (which I'm trying to do), there are a lot of limited editions out there.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I went ahead a placed an order for the Sub Press Full Throttle. I'd probably just end up buying it later anyway.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

That's a very dangerous rationale - and one I use all the time.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a very dangerous rationale - and one I use all the time.
    It's a "go to" rationale. (Why does the "shrug" emoji look like it's wankin' two dudes at once? Surely not Freudian.) Bonus points for word of the day.

I'm in a position where I only have to convince myself.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Aren’t you going to get the gelaskin promo item for GUNPOWDER? No collection would be complete without one.
    You’ll have to explain that one to me...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Locke & Key Sale

I am selling my Locke & Key key collection from Skeleton Crew Studios. I had though about building a display case to display them, but I just don't have the space to display them. I will not break the collection up, so please don't ask to just buy the ones signed by Joe. Either I sell the entire lot at once or they stay on my shelf. All keys come in the original black bags with key tags. Here is what I have:

Alpha Key (Legacy Edition) - unsigned
    Ghost Key (Legacy Edition) - unsigned
    Music Box Key (Legacy Edition) - signed by Joe Hill
    Omega Key (Legacy Edition) - unsigned
    Shadow Key (Legacy Edition) - signed by Israel Skelton
    Angel Key (146/1000) - signed by Gabe Rodriguez and Israel Skelton
    Animal Key (131/1000) - signed by Israel Skelton
    Anywhere Key (24/500) - signed by Gabe Rodriguez
    Echo Key (2010 Bangpop! Edition 17/500) - unsigned
    Grindhouse Key (234/1000) - signed by Israel Skelton
    Head Key (33/500) - signed by Joe Hill
    Hercules Key (73/1000) - unsigned
    IDW Key (2011 ComicCon Exclusive 249/1000) - signed by Ted Adams and Chris Ryall of IDW
    Mending Key (34/1000) - signed by Joe Hill
    Moon Key (114/1000) - signed by Joe Hill
    Owl Key (164/1000) - signed by Gabe Rodriguez and Israel Skelton
    Philosophoscope Key (170/1000) - signed by Chris Ryall of IDW
    Undertree Key (215/1000) - signed by Israel Skelton
    Whispering Iron (76/1000) - signed by Israel Skelton

$500 shipped via Priority Mail in the US. International shipping can be split. If you have any questions, please PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 301 of 332 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 ... LastLast