Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Collecting Goals

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2021 Collecting Goals

Well folks, it's that time of year again.

Time to look back on our 2020 goals to see how we did, and time to look ahead to 2021 to set some new ones.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Later US 1st Unsigned
    Later US 1st Signed
    Later GE
    The missing volume from my Dark Tower S/L set
    Any of the six missing books needed to complete my US Signed 1st Collection
    And of course....I hope to receive the items already paid for and on order (CD The Stand GE, CD Night Shift GE, S/L of Later, Numbered Flight or Fright)
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't even make a list for 2020 so I did pretty well
    (but I only got one book from my 2019 list - Roadwork UK.)

I did do stellar in the original art department though!

So my list will start with all the Bachman PBs except UK Roadwork.
    I'll also add a Full Throttle lettered because I do like the way it looks.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

• Michael Whelan Knowing Darkness piece
    • Something that is top secret right now
    • King signed The Long Walk
    • King signed The Running Man
    EDIT, add:
    • The Mist Snow Globe

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Some S\L I can afford
    Some signed first ed I can afford
    some proofs.
    Try for some of the Bachman books.
    Maybe other stuff that I don't know about along the way.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Later - numbered (ordered)
    Christine grants numbered
    Eyes of the Dragon red signature numbered

This may be 2021 and 2022 goal. Atleast two of these in 2021.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Not sure what you want to pay but there is a red EOTD on Craigslist: https://newjersey.craigslist.org/bks...235572440.html

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    ???? Interesting

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Not sure what you want to pay but there is a red EOTD on Craigslist: https://newjersey.craigslist.org/bks...235572440.html
    Cheers, i watch for these constantly. That is my 3rd option, yet most wanted but due to the price bottom of the 3. Patience with that one i think until the right one appears, at the right time, right price. Thanks for letting me know though. Much appreciated.

Also, top secret stuff. Always intriguing when RF says tht.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    ???? Interesting

I think so.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Moving from unfulfilled 2020 goals:

1) Blockade Billy Lettered
    2) Later Lettered

New:

3) Black House/Talisman set from Scribner, with CD slipcase (at reasonable price)
    4) Colorado Kid 1/33 Miller Edition
    5) 1 other PS Lettered edition
    6) Just after Sunset Collectors Set
    7) 1 or more missing portfolios
    8) 'Salem's Lot 1st, 3rd State
    9) any new releases

Stretch Goals:

1 of the following:

1) Misery Lettered
    2) The Plant part 2 lettered
    3) Regulators Lettered
    4) Firestarter Lettered
    5) NLR
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just found a letter Full Throttle yesterday.... so my top wants for
    This year are:
    A near fine + 2nd Salem’s
    A near fine + Shining 1st
    Lettered stand
    Lettered Christine
    A near fine +
    Bachman set
    Black or red Roman Salem’s
    Lettered Tailsman
    Inscribed IT with king drawn balloon
    Lettered Danse
    Just after sunset signed bookplate

I have lots of others secured and coming... but any of those be great to find!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's a nice list Kris. Interested in the ones you have secured as well.
    Good lick every one.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll put the 1st/1st Night Shift back on my 2021 goals since I didn't get it in 2020. To make it easier on myself I'll just add 1 signed King book minimum.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Good lick every one.
    Thanks. Going to try my hardest...

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of the most enjoyable traditions on the forum is setting collecting goals. Last year I added a flat signed first edition IT which takes if off the list for this year. I was lucky to land the limited of Later through Forbidden Planet or it would also be on the list. I also moved out 36 titles last year - majority being duplicate SK books so I have space to add a few items in 2021!

1) signed by SK artist edition of The Song of Susannah from Grant
    2) another copy of Ubris to add to my college publications collection - Spring of 1969 or Spring of 1968 would be top choice
    3) another inscribed “to Paul” first edition (am stuck at 18!)
    4) hoping to add a few more slipcases from Jeff - hopefully including one for The Tommyknockers

Happy New Year to all! Paul

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Think i didn't even make a list for 2020...

Nothing special, just general requests for 2021:
    1 S/L SK book
    15 signed books direkt from bookreading events I visit
    15 S/L books from other authors
    15 remarqued books, SK and other

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

8 SK inscribed/signed 1st/1st editions I am missing.
    Mister Slaughter S/L Robert McCammon
    3 of the SK UK 1st/1st I am missing
    Clean The Shining US 1st/1st
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    One of the most enjoyable traditions on the forum is setting collecting goals. Last year I added a flat signed first edition IT which takes if off the list for this year. I was lucky to land the limited of Later through Forbidden Planet or it would also be on the list. I also moved out 36 titles last year - majority being duplicate SK books so I have space to add a few items in 2021!

1) signed by SK artist edition of The Song of Susannah from Grant
    2) another copy of Ubris to add to my college publications collection - Spring of 1969 or Spring of 1968 would be top choice
    3) another inscribed “to Paul” first edition (am stuck at 18!)
    4) hoping to add a few more slipcases from Jeff - hopefully including one for The Tommyknockers

Happy New Year to all! Paul
    18! Thanks so cool all to Paul?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

* The Gunslinger 1st Grant
    * Later US proof
    * Later UK proof
    * ***** (upcoming book) US proof
    * ***** (upcoming book) UK proof
    * ***** (upcoming book) manuscript
    * Pet Sematary US proof 1st state
    * At least 1 of the 21 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing
    * At least 1 of the 16 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing.
    * At least 3 of the 22 promo items I'm after.
    * At least 1 more book signed by King of the 43 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 S/L KING book of the 11 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 29 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 of the four annuary books I'm missing.
    * At least 1 of the two Kingdom Hospital Scripts written by King I'm missing.
    * At least 20 of the 105 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 1 of the 28 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 1 of the 156 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.

Grail list:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * A copy of The Drum newspaper with a King piece in it.
    * One of the three Comics Review fanzine with a part of I was a teenage grave robber.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not sure of my 2021 collecting goals as such, but I guess
    - Later proof : hoping to get one of those
    - Later lettered : I am supposed to recieve it!
    - Unannounced Stephen King proof : hoping to get a proof of his second 2021 book
    - French proof : hoping to get a proof of the french "if it bleeds" to be released in february
    - Getting published : in theory, next month a french publisher is releasing a small chapbook I wrote about a french author I collect

And I think that's pretty much it.
    2020 was probably the year I spent the most on books. I got 2 Lyrasbooks, and bought more (cheaper) books.

I feel like I spent the year litterally working, as I didnt really have any proper holidays. Hence why I guess I spent so much on books.
    I would love to get a Dragon Rebound at original price, but I guess that besides a lottery it's very unlikely. And even at a lottery it's very unlikely since I aint Ari.

Besides that, got many things planned for 2021.
    My wife should soon finishing paying her student loan, I then encourage her to learn to drive and we want to look for another flat by the end of the year. As we start to run out of space (and space for my books, although I feel like I will sell some duplicates)... but this time to buy !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This may sound stupid - but my 2021 goal is to chill out and stop hunting so aggressively (by my standards). I want to buy a house damn it, gotta save my sheckles.

Actually, let me amend that. My 2021 goal is to build my library. Finally have a room with all my bookcases and barristers nicely set up. With a comfy chair and a nice lamp.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Eric for pointing out an EBay sale.
    Mister Slaughter S/L Robert McCammon Off the list now.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post

Thank you Eric for pointing out an EBay sale.
    Mister Slaughter S/L Robert McCammon Off the list now.
    I'm glad you were able to finally get your S/L of Mister Slaughter! I know you've been searching for awhile.

They don't pop up for sale too often and that auction was a better deal than most. I think the last one to sell on ebay was around $500 or more.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Waiting on the following S/L’s to arrive that have been paid for:

Best of CD 2
    Strange Weather
    Flight or Fright
    Gwendys Magic Feather
    20th Century Ghosts
    Best of Michael Marshall Smith
    The Night Eternal
    The Only Good Indians (Stephen Graham Jones)
    The Auctioneer
    The Night Country
    Malorie
    Suburban Gothic (Keene & Smith)
    Devoted (Koontz)

And then whatever else arises this year. Hopefully get lucky in the lottery for a SOTL from Suntup!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast