Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 261 of 645 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 311 361 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 16102

Thread: Suntup Editions

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Mine, too! It was a nice opportunity to really think about what I enjoy about limited editions. And yes, I also found the wish list challenging. The top spot was easy, but 2 and 3? How to choose?

I hope you find the feedback helpful, Paul.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Would it be fun if everyone reveals what they asked for?

I'll go first:

Spoiler:

1 - Gates of Fire - Steven Pressfield
    2 - The Macht trilogy - Paul Kearney
    3 - Tales of the Ketty Jay - Chris Wooding

#2 is a trilogy and #3 is a tetralogy, but Paul said he wasn't afraid of taking on a series at some point, so I figured it was okay to include them. The Count of Monte Cristo, which I listed on last year's survey, didn't make the cut this time.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I could not think of anything. Well I could, but choose to leave those blank and answered everything else. Pretty cool way to get feedback from his customers. I trust Paul. I am sure whatever books he choose to do are ones that I have heard of and want in my collection. or are new to me and sound so awesome that I want them as well.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Would it be fun if everyone reveals what they asked for?

I'll go first:

Spoiler:

1 - Gates of Fire - Steven Pressfield
    2 - The Macht trilogy - Paul Kearney
    3 - Tales of the Ketty Jay - Chris Wooding

#2 is a trilogy and #3 is a tetralogy, but Paul said he wasn't afraid of taking on a series at some point, so I figured it was okay to include them. The Count of Monte Cristo, which I listed on last year's survey, didn't make the cut this time.
    Being a Greek, I love your first choice.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Mine were:
    Spoiler:
    1. Mystery by Peter Straub
    2. Cari Mora by Thomas Harris
    3. Foucault’s Pendulum by Umberto Eco

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe
    Jaws
    Cats Cradle
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My picks

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loving everyone's picks so far! A mix of titles I know and would love to see get the Suntup treatment and new books that I'll have to check out. My top choice was the same as the survey way back when, but I slightly reshuffled my other two...

As a statistician, I'm really interested in the results of the survey. In particular I'd like to see the % of people who answer who are TDT members, and how their preferences differ from the "general public". I'll also note that there's definitely going to be a response bias in this survey - I think that TDT members are going to be more likely to respond than the general public and will probably be over-represented as a result. Also there are lots of open-ended questions which are great for getting good feedback that you wouldn't get otherwise, but are generally hard to quantitatively assess.

RF: After the mention of needing chains for the Brother teaser I was convinced that your first choice was the next book, and have since been thinking more and more that I would really like to see this one make the canon. I love Centipede Press so so so much but this was one of their releases that I think can be improved upon.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Jaws
    Cats Cradle
    I like those first two but would go with The Chain as my third choice. I haven't read it yet but it looks very interesting.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to nominate Song of Kali by Dan Simmons, but it was done in a lettered by Earthling Press (only ~14-16 copies) that was perfectly executed. Even Paul would have a challenge surpassing the production quality of that book.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I opted for four books per year when asked. I wonder if Paul and his team wouldn't be working themselves into an early grave if they went for twelve or more, but my bank account and my marriage would not last long at that rate.

As much as I love Suntup, there are other books I want to collect and my daughters need shoes from time to time. Until that Nigerian prince finally pays up, I'm hoping for a somewhat modest release schedule.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I opted for four books per year when asked. I wonder if Paul and his team wouldn't be working themselves into an early grave if they went for twelve or more, but my bank account and my marriage would not last long at that rate.

As much as I love Suntup, there are other books I want to collect and my daughters need shoes from time to time. Until that Nigerian prince finally pays up, I'm hoping for a somewhat modest release schedule.
    I really like that release pre-order/reschedule as well. I plan to be in hock with Paul as long as he's around but more than one payment plan at a time would be a stretch for this average bear.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I wanted to nominate Song of Kali by Dan Simmons, but it was done in a lettered by Earthling Press (only ~14-16 copies) that was perfectly executed. Even Paul would have a challenge surpassing the production quality of that book.
    Agree. That's one of my grails. Will never forgive myself for passing on the Song of Kali/King Rat combo that Camelot had up in early 2018 back because I was worried about being able to resell King Rat

I'm all for Suntup redoing other limited books that didn't reach their full potential but that one's up there with the Charnel House The Regulators and Last Call lettereds, and the Centipede Press roman numeral 'Salem's Lot as being just about un-improvable (which is why they are all on my grail list).

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I picked
    Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe
    Fight Club by Palahniuk
    And Inspection by Josh Malerman (cue the eye roll, I’m sure)

I also opted for four books a year but my greatest preference is for however many keep Suntup rolling strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Cool

Paul, I want to amend my the answer of how many books to 4. That way you may not feel rushed. If, one year is going great and you can do more, I guess that's OK also. But 4 is a good number. Again, so you don't feel rushed to get out more books than you feel comfortable doing.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not included in the poll, but a fact of life is that Suntup produces "x" amount of books per year, "x" amount of highest quality cover prints, and Dragon Rebound produces "x" amount of exquisite rebound books per year.
    If there are 4 Suntup books (usually a lettered, numbered, and a gift edition), 4 prints (usually 2 sizes, and possible remarques) and 2 rebound books per annum, that is a hefty chunk of change. Expecting collectors to consistently spend $10K a year just for Suntup/Dragon productions is a stretch.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I picked
    Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe
    Fight Club by Palahniuk
    And Inspection by Josh Malerman (cue the eye roll, I’m sure)

I also opted for four books a year but my greatest preference is for however many keep Suntup rolling strong.

I’d like to also suggest CABAL by Clive Barker.

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine:

Hyperion Cantos
    The Name of The Wind

With Epic Illustrations like Elric of Centipede Press.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not included in the poll, but a fact of life is that Suntup produces "x" amount of books per year, "x" amount of highest quality cover prints, and Dragon Rebound produces "x" amount of exquisite rebound books per year.
    If there are 4 Suntup books (usually a lettered, numbered, and a gift edition), 4 prints (usually 2 sizes, and possible remarques) and 2 rebound books per annum, that is a hefty chunk of change. Expecting collectors to consistently spend $10K a year just for Suntup/Dragon productions is a stretch.
    But I have to ask.. what does Dragon have to do with Suntup other than the owner?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jaws
    Cats Cradle
    Jaws... good one. Even Jurassic Park be cool.... but my top pick was:
    WAYWARDS PINES

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Jaws
    Cats Cradle
    WAYWARDS PINES

I’m going to read PINES right after THE HIDING PLACE by Tudor

Country
    Country Flag

Jaws
    Cats Cradle
    WAYWARDS PINES

Oh man.... it’s amazing. The whole set. I read them in a couple weeks it was so good. I think Suntup would kill that. Be a huge hit and mean a lot to collectors I bet. It’s so good!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Jaws
    Cats Cradle
    WAYWARDS PINES

Oh man.... it’s amazing. The whole set. I read them in a couple weeks it was so good. I think Suntup would kill that. Be a huge hit and mean a lot to collectors I bet. It’s so good!

Well you weren’t wrong about BROTHER. That’s for goddamned sure.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

But I have to ask.. what does Dragon have to do with Suntup other than the owner?

Not sure why you didn't understand.

A dedicated follower (people who spend their hard earned dollars), buys everything Suntup and Dragon Rebound produces. That means a significant outlay every year.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jaws
    Cats Cradle
    WAYWARDS PINES

I suggested the Wayward Pines trilogy too. The books aren't that long so the combined book wouldn't be too cumbersome and I LOVED those books!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 261 of 645 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 311 361 ... LastLast