Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Scoogs

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Scoogs

This thread is long overdue.
    These are my two primary collection book cases. I have several others, but they are mainly just reading copies or books that I don't consider part of my actual collection.

Up first is the King case:

And this one is for other authors.
    The top shelf is just temporary storage at this point, so I have some free space to expand there and on the very bottom. I'm sure that space won't last long.
    Mark Twain

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My King collection is primarily focused on the Dark Tower books, so you won't see a lot of the other books in here compared to most of the collections on this site.

I'm sure everyone here has seem the King limiteds before, so I won't post individual shots unless they contain something unique.
    Most of the bells or other stuff you see on the shelves belonged to my Grandmothers.

King Shelf 1A:

Knowing Darkness and the Salem's Lot gift edition with The Collector's traycase and an extra set of the art prints from the book.

King Shelf 1B:

Due to their size, I had to cheat and put a few non-King books in here.
    The Beck book is signed, the others are movie/special effects books that I collected when I was younger.

King Shelf 2:

DOTT, The Waste Lands and TWTTK are my remarqued copies, everything from Joyland on are my signed/limited editions.

King Shelf 3:

LSOE Artist Edition, Gunsligner 2nd, DOTT 1st signed by Phil Hale, DOTT ARC, Gunslinger 3rd, DOTT 2nd signed by Phil Hale, Waste Lands 1st, W&G 1st, WotC 1st Trade, TWTTK Artist Edition, TWTTK 1st Trade, WotC Artist Edition, SoS Artist Edition, TDT Artist Edition, SoS 1st Trade Remarqued and signed by Darrel Anderson, TDT 1st Trade singed and doodled by Whelan, TDT Complete Concordance S/L.

King Shelf 4:

The Road to the Dark Tower S/L, Talisman & Black House gift edition, both signed by Peter Straub, Desperation Gift Edition, Insomnia Gift Edition, The Dark Man 1st printing and slipcased 1st, All of the Marvel DT hardcover collections, Viking DT reprints, SoS 1st Trade, TDT 1st Trade, UK hardcover 1st/1st editions of both volumes of the Dark Tower Concordance.

King Shelf 5:

Mostly Dark Tower linked hardcovers or other titles I found interesting enough to add to the shelf.
    The three tubes on the right contain a full set of Grant edition dust jackets with the exception of a first edition Gunslinger.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So far I have four remarqued books from the Dark Tower series.

DOTT Grant First Edition(Phil forgot to sign this one):

The Waste Lands -- Grant First Edition:

Song of Susannah -- First Trade Edition:
    I know a lot of collectors don't care for the SoS remarques, but I actually like this one a lot.

The Wind Through the Keyhole -- Grant Artist Edition:

Not a Remarque, but Whelan did doodle an eye in my TDT 1st/1st that he signed.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I really can't limit myself to just one author. Thank God I'm not a completest!

Other Authors Shelf 1:

The Anne Rice Easton Press set (unsigned edition), my first editions of the Vampire Chronicles and a couple of new authors I've picked up recently including a Night Film Arc and a signed 1st Trade, followed by UK and US 1st/1sts of The Bone Season.

Other Authors Shelf 2:

My George R.R. Martin collection, which I just started earlier this year. New AGOT UK edition, B&N AGOT slipcased edition, ACOK 1st Trade, ASOS 1st Trade, AFFC 1st Trade, ADWD 1st Trade (needs to be upgraded), UK Slipcased editions of AGOT(3rd), ACOK(1st), ASOS(1st), AFFC(1st), ADWD(1st), ADWD S/L (with rights), AFFC 1st Trade. That last copy of AFFC was for one of my dust jacket proofs, but it isn't quite as Fine as the seller indicated.

Other Authors Shelf 3:

Frank Herbert, Ray Bradbury, Anne Rice and some Star Wars S/Ls. I'll show close-ups of these in another post.

Other Authors Shelf 4:

Joe Hill, Frank Darabont, Kurt Vonnegut, Hugh Howey, Colin Meloy, Max Brooks, Tolkein, and a few others. I'll show close-ups of these in another post.

Other Authors Shelf 5:

A few gift editions or generally not limited editions that I still really like.
    3 volume set of the complete annotated Sherlock Holmes, a children's book written by a friend of mine earlier this year (signed of course), Leather bound edition of Frank Miller's Batman stories, Leather bound edition of Joker stories, Poe, Dickens Christmas stories, a couple of Dracula editions, Asimov, Brandbury and the 3 volume Complete Calvin & Hobbes set.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Frank Herbert:

These are signed/limited editions of God Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune, Chapterhouse: Dune and The White Plague. None of these were issued with dust jackets, but the seller I purchased from added a first edition jacket to Heretics.

Ray Bradbury:

These are my signed/limited Bradbury books.
    That's the Hill House edition of The Cat's Pajamas, 50th Anniversary edition of F451 with new Ralph Steadman art (love this edition), Easton Press signed/numbered edition of F451, 40th Anniversary edition of F451, Dandelion Wine S/L, and Farewell Summer. The F451 40th, Dandelion Wine and Farewell Summer are all matching single digit numbers.
    Not shown is a S/L chapbook from Hill House.

Anne Rice:
    I used to have a fairly extensive collection of Anne Rice signed/limiteds, but I stopped collecting books a few years ago and sold all but a handful of them. Some days I regret that now that I'm collecting again.

Signed 20th Anniversary edition of Interview With the Vampire. This one is near impossible to get out of its slipcase, so I store that on the shelf with my first editions. The Queen of the Damned S/L, this is one of my favorites of her limiteds. Memnoch the Devil, lettered edition. Got this one for a steal.
    Vittorio the Vampire, publisher issued signed bookplate edition.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed Star Wars Novels:

I used to be a big Star Wars fan, so naturally when I started collecting books, I looked to see what titles were available.
    Timothy Zahn can be credited for bringing Star Wars back to popularity in the very early 90s and is a fan favorite, so I was glad to see his original trilogy was given the S/L treatment. Not many seem to know these exist.
    Heir to the Empire S/L, Dark Force Rising S/L, The Last Command S/L, The Last Command 1st Trade inscribed, Outbound Flight 1st Trade inscribed, Outbound Flight 1st Trade signed/dated, Episode One S/L, Episode Two S/L, Episode Three S/L.
    Episode Two was not issued with a dust jacket.

I was able to catch Zahn on a signing tour in Chicago in 2006 for the release of Outbound Flight and had him inscribe my 1st/1st of The Last Command with the final words of Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Joe Hill, Frank Darabont, Kurt Vonnegut and Neil Gaiman:

Signed 1st/1st of NOS4A2, Heart-shaped Box S/L deluxe edition PC, Walpuski's Typewriter S/L, Slaughterhouse Five Easton Press Signed Edition, The Ocean at the End of the Lane signed 1st/1st

Hugh Howey:

Wool signed UK 1st/1st, Wool signed US 1st/1st, Dust signed 1st/1st ugly edition.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Colin Meloy:

Barely visible next to Dust is a lettered and a numbered copy of The Grievous Demise of Mr. Whitley Rackham. There are only 200 copies total, included the lettered edition, and it was letterpress printed. Only the lettered edition is signed.
    Then we have a Wildwood ARC, Wildwood US 1st/1st, Wildwood S/L, Under Wildwood ARC, Under Wildwood US 1st/1st and a Wildwood Imperium ARC. I just got that last ARC earlier this week, the book won't be published until February.
    Wildwood is currently being developed as a stop motion animated film by the same studio that made Coraline and ParaNorman, so I assume that will help increase its popularity.

Zombies, Elves, Lawyers and Pigs:

The Zombie Survival Guide ARC (Cemetery Dance), World War Z 1st/1st (S/L and lettered editions of both are on order), The Children of Hurin 1st/1st, LOTR 50th Anniversary edition 1st/1st, To Kill a Mockingbird 50th Anniversary edition 1st/1st, Animal Farm Folio Society Edition.

Frank Herbert (Again):

Dune Leather-bound SFBC 50th Anniversary Edition limited edition, Dune Barnes & Noble Leather Edition.
    The SFBC edition is actually pretty rare and can be hard to find, especially at a good price.
    The B&N edition is also pretty well made for a mass market edition.
    Mark Twain

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Reserved for comment - Nice bookcases. I really like the way they look, and the books inside ain't bad either! Looking forward to more photos.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant start Scoogs !!! Really liking what you've posted so far (and, yeah, a bit overdue on your part mate ... hahahaha)
    We all float down here!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the illustrations and really love the Taheen in SOS. Great stuff and congrats.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post

Other Authors Shelf 1:

The Anne Rice Easton Press set (unsigned edition), my first editions of the Vampire Chronicles and a couple of new authors I've picked up recently including a Night Film Arc and a signed 1st Trade, followed by UK and US 1st/1sts of The Bone Season.
    Nice collection! Thanks for the pics. What is the book with the black spine between The Servant of the Bones and the ARC of Night Film?

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

GREAT Collection !!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Other Authors Shelf 1:

Nice collection! Thanks for the pics. What is the book with the black spine between The Servant of the Bones and the ARC of Night Film?
    Thanks Bob.

That's actually just the slipcase for the 20th Anniversary edition of Interview With the Vampire. It's the worst fitting slipcase I've ever seen and it is nearly impossible to get the book out of it, so I just leave it empty on the shelf.
    That edition sells so cheaply that I may just pick up another copy and hope for a better fit.
    Mark Twain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful, Kyle. A great collection!

John

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection Scoogs,
    Handsome display, well done.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Really nice stuff!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. I'm still kind of shocked how much my collection grew this year, or will once all of the pre-orders come in!
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Great looking collection!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, scoogs!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very cool collection, Kyle!!! Unique items there!!! Jealous!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Christine arrived yesterday.

Mark Twain

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's one fine looking volume Kyle !!!!
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Two new additions today. The first is the S/L of The Skin Trade by George R.R. Martin.

The second is the S/L of Dust by Hugh Howey.

Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Nice additions Kyle !!!!
    We all float down here!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Two new additions today. The first is the S/L of The Skin Trade by George R.R. Martin.

The second is the S/L of Dust by Hugh Howey.

Very nice. Makes me wonder where my Skin Trades are... they were supposed to ship Capclave members first - BOO!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast