Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 & 2018 The Years of Stephen King Breaking Your Pocketbook

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2013 & 2018 The Years of Stephen King Breaking Your Pocketbook

Sorry for the dumb thread title. It is subject to change, deletion, merging, or archiving.
    Purely unnoficial, and keeping in mind that the official year of release doesn't always correlate to when King wrote or actually signed the book/story/guitar/portfolio, etc. 2013 has been a remarkable year for King, and a very expensive year for King Collectors

Here is a rough count of King S/L's by year:

1980-1
    1981-2
    1982-4
    1983-4 (Cotw Portfolio)
    1984-2
    1985-1
    1986-0 (Ouch!)
    1987-2
    1988-5 (DTI Audio, Letters From Hell)
    1989-4 (DTII Audio)
    1990-4 (Rainy Season Print)
    1991-4 (Signatures)
    1992-1
    1993-1
    1994-3 (Insomnia Portfolio)
    1995-2 (Betts re-binds House Next Door)
    1996-5
    1997-3 (Cujo Guitar)
    1998-3
    1999-1
    2000-2
    2001-0 (Ouch!)
    2002-2
    2003-2
    2004-5 (Does TGWLTG really count?)
    2005-2
    2006-1
    2007-4
    2008-0 (Ouch!)
    2009-4
    2010-6
    2011-7
    2012-5
    2013-8
    2014-?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Interesting. My purse is feeling the pain thats for sure.
    Without research I think 2001 was the year of his accident and thots of retirement so that explains zero for that year.
    What happened in 2008?
    Actually what happened 2012 where he wrote so much to be published in 2013??
    reality continues to ruin my life

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Without research I think 2001 was the year of his accident and thots of retirement so that explains zero for that year.
    What happened in 2008?
    6/19/1999 was when King was struck and almost killed by a distracted driver.
    That may explain why he really didn't have a S/L novel out from ~1998 until 2002.
    1999 The New Lieutenant's Rap 500+24 Proofs=524
    2000 Dystopia 26 (lettered only)
    2000 Life in the Cinema 52 + 450 = 502
    2001-0

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

On writing was published in 2000 wasnt it
    Im checking the catalog Crow dont yap at me yet

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

On writing was published in 2000 wasnt it
    Im checking the catalog Crow dont yap at me yet
    Yes, but I don't believe it was released as a S/L.

My Mood
    Twisted

Thats what I get for trying to be clever after too much wine and past my bedtime.
    I completely missed "SLs" in your initial post.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What happened in 2008?
    6/19/1999 was when King was struck and almost killed by a distracted driver.
    That may explain why he really didn't have a S/L novel out from ~1998 until 2002.
    1999 The New Lieutenant's Rap 500+24 Proofs=524
    2000 Dystopia 26 (lettered only)
    2000 Life in the Cinema 52 + 450 = 502
    2001-0

My Mood
    Twisted

That drawing is so fucking rude.
    Notice how the number of SLs are steadily increasing the past few years?
    Time to budget for 2014. Maybe ten or more will be released

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I've never seen that drawing before. Seems in bad taste, no?

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith87 View Post
    It's a concept drawing for a proposed get well card.............Rude...Bad Taste....

Back on Topic........2013 has been rough on the pocketbook, lets hope 2014 is more of the same

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bring on poverty in 2014 sayeth I !!!!!
    We all float down here!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Chloe won't be going to university for 18 years, so yeah, bring on 2014 I say!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, there's a scene on "Family Guy" in which SK gets hit by a car, decides that a man getting hit by a car would make a good novel, and finishes writing that novel before he lands.
    I guess the process is a little bit slower than that, some years...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

What happened in 2008?
    2001-1 DUDDITS signed LIMITED to 25

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know some of these may have been paid for prior to 2013, but if you bought 1 lettered and 1 S/L of each of these titles you would have spent quite a bit:

2013 The Big Book of Necon Lettered – 52----$1,000
    2013 The Shining - 750 #'d + 52 Lettered = 802---$2,950
    2013 Doctor Sleep - 750 #'d + 52 Lettered = 802. Indeterminate # of PC's---$2,950
    2013 A Book of Horrors - S/L - 100 (83 for public sale)---$995
    2013 The Century's Best Horror Fiction - 52 Lettered - 25 Artist Edition = 77---$3,000
    2013 Joyland - 26 Lettered - 724 Numbered = 750---$275
    2013 The Dark Man: An Illustrated Poem - 500 #'d + 52 Lettered = 552---$2,100
    2013 Doctor Sleep UK – 200---$300

$13,570!

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

2013-8 (OUCH!)

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd get divorced if I collected Lettered editions

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The rapid pace of releases in 2013 was awesome - I say keep it coming in 2014! It's not like you have to buy everything being offered, but it is nice having a choice among some tempting titles like The Shining, Doctor Sleep, and Joyland (which turned out to be a fairly good novel at a more than reasonable price).

Besides if you get it at issue price, you can always resell if you decide it is not a keeper.

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    It's not like you have to buy everything being offered
    I dont? Wish someone had told me that before

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith87 View Post
    Very bad taste in my opinion. Near death traumatic experience he may never fully get over. Why would someone poke fun at that? The driver's Thumbs Up is particularly unnerving

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That drawing is so fucking rude.
    Notice how the number of SLs are steadily increasing the past few years?
    Time to budget for 2014. Maybe ten or more will be released
    I would guess that it is due to the "25+ anniversaries" that are now starting to crop up. IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That list makes me happy that I don't collect anthologies or lettered editions!
    Mark Twain

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd get divorced if I collected Lettered editions
    Divorce would probably be cheaper.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    It's a concept drawing for a proposed get well card
    It's a piece of shit, is what it is.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Very bad taste in my opinion. Near death traumatic experience he may never fully get over. Why would someone poke fun at that? The driver's Thumbs Up is particularly unnerving
    Who would have guessed that his fans could be so morbid?!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Randall--does The Dark Man Art Portfolio get added to this? Or doesn't it count?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast