Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Blaze By Richard Bachman

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Blaze By Richard Bachman

Blaze to be released on June 12

Posted: February 19, 2007, 14:46:42

Scribner has announced that they will be publishing the first-written but last-recovered Richard Bachman novel titled Blaze, on June 12, 2007.

Here is a description of Blaze from Amazon/UK:

"At 6'7"and just under 300 lbs, Clay Blaisdell is one big mother, but his capers were just small-time until he met George Rackley. George introduced him to a hundred cons and one big idea: kidnapping the child of rich parents. The Gerards are filthy rich, and the last twig on the family tree could be worth millions. There's only one problem: by the time the deal goes down, the brains of the partnership is dead. Or is he? Now Blaze is running into the teeth of a howling storm and the cops are closing in. He's got a baby as a hostage, and the crime of the century just turned into a race against time in the white hell of the Maine woods."
    Stephen King's foreward to Blaze: (Possible spoilers!)
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...ly=CHP&z=y#CHP
    Fist 2 chapters to Blaze (definite spoilers here):
    http://www.stephenking.com/assets/bl...rs_1_and_2.pdf

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the info and links, Jerome. I'm looking forward to this release.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, you're first link just took me to Barnes and Nobles advanced book search page. Was that where it should have gone?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I fixed it.
    It should go to the Barnes and Noble Blaze page, featuring King's foreward.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, it works now.

Thanks for the links.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the cover.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Oooo
    This sounds good.
    And maybe its just me, but I sense the potential for some "Bachman" humor in some giant sized criminal attempting to take care of the baby.

But then again its Bachman/King. He might just eat the damn kid lol
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I just finished this. Blaze is what Tom Cullen could have been if he'd had bad influences. The victory in this novel is in making readers root for a con man with violent tendencies turned kidnapper. That's not an easy task. It is a bit melodramatic, and not nearly as compelling as some of King's best, but it's an early effort and a worthy one. Definitely didn't belong in a box in the library.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished this. Blaze is what Tom Cullen could have been if he'd had bad influences.
    That is a great description Bev!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I just finished this. Blaze is what Tom Cullen could have been if he'd had bad influences. The victory in this novel is in making readers root for a con man with violent tendencies turned kidnapper. That's not an easy task. It is a bit melodramatic, and not nearly as compelling as some of King's best, but it's an early effort and a worthy one. Definitely didn't belong in a box in the library.
    I'm gonna enjoy this one, I think.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent, heard it here first too

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its also featured on our current news page.

www.thedarktower.org/news

I'm shamelessly pimping the site pages.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some of the US proof covers of Blaze. I updated the picture of the light tan one to include the black binding. I just got this one today (5/29/07).

John
    Attached Images

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo!!

I can stick those on the page tonight

Thanks John

Traveler Lily Cavanaugh is on a distinguished road Lily Cavanaugh's Avatar

The links on the front page to the foreword and first 2 chapters are broken.

(it's foreword, not forward, also)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Corina, I will get that fixed right away tonight.

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    Ooooh, sounds like it could potentially be another DT connection book...however small.
    I would not doubt a DT connection at all
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

Hmm this certainly begs the question; is Edgar Freemantle related to Abigail Freemantle?

If so, there is the DT tie in via The Stand right there...

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good grief, the man has been dead for 20 years!

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Florida....phantom limbs.....anyone think SK is listening to The Shins too much?
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

Oooh the excitements! Can't wait! And Fruny, is it possible to listen to The Shins too much?
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. I may have ties to SubPop and may have lived in Seattle for some time, but I'm hardly a Shins fan. I think they're overrated, and Grizzly Bear are better.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rear cover and side angle

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Richard Bachman is the Tupac Shakur of the literary world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast