Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Fans Questionnaire!

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Default Comic Fans Questionnaire!

1. Favorite Writer and Why?
    2. Favorite Artist and Why?
    3. Favorite Single Issue?
    4. Favorite Story Arc?
    5. Best Villian?
    6. Best Hero?
    7. Best Heroine?
    8. Biggest Surprise Storyline?
    9. All Time Favorite "Team" ( X-Men, Avengers, JLA, etc )?
    10. Best Film made of a comic character ?
    11. Favorite Graphic Novel?
    12. Comic You'd Most Like To See Made Into A Movie?
    13. Best Death?
    14. Best Re-Birth?
    15. Most Influential Comic book?
    16. Pick Your Superhero Name and explain why?
    17. Favorite Superhero ability?
    18. Best Side-Kick?
    19. Who do you wish would get their own title?
    20. Build Your Comic Character Dream Team
    Last edited by Darkthoughts; 08-28-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Whowhoo!

I think I have to go with Frank Miller here ... because he brought humanity to superheroes.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Neil Gaiman.....The Sandman.....enough said. :p
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

A comics challenge !?

Yes.

YES.

YES.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Neil Gaiman, for The Sandman series alone.

Runner Up - Grant Morrison. The man is a psychotic genius.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    I would normally say Neil Gaiman, because of not only The Sandman, but because of The Books of Magic. Gaiman is my favorite novelist for certain. However, I have been reading an insane amount of Warren Ellis stuff lately and I think he might win right now.

Warren Ellis has a whole host of amazing comics that influenced my choice:

Transmetropolitan
    Doktor Sleepless
    The Authority
    Planetary
    Global Frequency
    Freak Angels(which is published online for free here: http://www.freakangels.com)
    No Hero
    Fell
    Black Summer
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Chris - have you read The Invisibles by Morrison ?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    Chris - have you read The Invisibles by Morrison ?
    I haven't. That is one of those comics that I always mean to get to, but never seem to get around to it. I'll put it next on my list.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You should check it out, it's definitely right up your alley. Think of it as an NC-17 version of the Matrix, the events unfolding before you while you're on acid

You should check it out, it's definitely right up your alley. Think of it as an NC-17 version of the Matrix, the events unfolding before you while you're on acid
    Sounds awesome.
    Have you read Transmetropolitan?

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Neil Gaiman, for The Sandman. Though Garth Ennis is making his way up the list for me with everything I read of his.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Warren Ellis. Even has superhero stuff (Batman, FF etc) has that dark sense of humor. He's also relatively sciency and you get to learn a thing or two and he has a way with words for sure. I have around 50 trades and hardcovers of his.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Though Garth Ennis is making his way up the list for me with everything I read of his.
    Holy jeez, this sentence sounds awful now that I'm rereading it. I hate when that happens.

I really need to read more stuff by Warren Ellis. I'll make a point of it this weekend.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Warren Ellis. Even has superhero stuff (Batman, FF etc) has that dark sense of humor. He's also relatively sciency and you get to learn a thing or two and he has a way with words for sure. I have around 50 trades and hardcovers of his.

Do you like Doktor Sleepless? I love the sort of Mad Scientist vibe of that book. I considered being Doktor Sleepless for Halloween this year.

Though Garth Ennis is making his way up the list for me with everything I read of his.
    Holy jeez, this sentence sounds awful now that I'm rereading it. I hate when that happens.

I really need to read more stuff by Warren Ellis. I'll make a point of it this weekend.
    Transmetro!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Garth Ennis because he made The Punisher into the story that it should have been all along, and I don't mean that Marvel Knights stuff either. I mean the MAX series.

Bendis is right there with him for two reasons. #1- Alias (the comic series, not the show) and #2- Powers. If you haven't read these, you NEED to remedy that issue.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Garth Ennis because he made The Punisher into the story that it should have been all along, and I don't mean that Marvel Knights stuff either. I mean the MAX series.

Bendis is right there with him for two reasons. #1- Alias (the comic series, not the show) and #2- Powers. If you haven't read these, you NEED to remedy that issue.
    Powers is all kinds of awesome.

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

A comics challenge !?

Yes.

YES.

YES.
    You have the lovely Pam to thank for it. I mentioned that I wanted to do a comics challenge and hey presto, she had one written up in quite literally a flash

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Jack Kirby. There are a lot of artists I love now, but Jack Kirby's illustrations are what got me into comics in the first place. Even now, whenever I sketch comic book characters, I always do them in the same style as his drawings (especially Thor). And I'm still a sucker for the old school covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post

Gah, this is a tough one. There are so many. This is something that changes for me almost monthly.

Lately I have been really fond of Riley Rossmo who draws the Image comic Proof.
    Spoiler tags just to keep images hidden:
    Spoiler:

There is just something about his style that really draws me in. I wouldn't mind being covered in tattoos from the Proof comic.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to have to say Gaiman aswell. My other contenders were Alan Moore and Grant Morrison, but Gaiman just reached me on a level that I hadn't experienced with comics before.

Jamie Hewlett, no contest. I have loved him ever since Tank Girl first appeared in Deadline back in the late 80's, his style is so recognisable and because it's so fun and trippy you almost overlook how talented he really is. I love his little trademark easter eggs too, like there'll be characters wearing buttons with pop culture phrases from movies he was into, or bands he liked and all kinds of weird stuff going on in the background of a frame. Genius

My Mood
    Gay

Gonna go with my current favorite : JH Williams III

He's just amazing. He's working on the new Batwoman and ink'd the Batwoman run of Detective Comics.

Just a small example of his work ... this was a double page in the Detective Comics run :

He just won the Eisner Award for his work in Detective Comics, I think he's brilliant.

One of my prized possessions is an original commission piece I own. We asked him to show to duality of the Batwoman superhero and her alter-ego Kate Kane .... this is what he came up with :

Plus, I've interacted with him, and he's just a super cool guy.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=OchrisO;559805Do you like Doktor Sleepless? I love the sort of Mad Scientist vibe of that book. I considered being Doktor Sleepless for Halloween this year.

[/QUOTE]

yes and i wish he'd finish the second storyline already.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    PLUS you have that ubercool remarque that totally looks like it was always there in the endpages of the book.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian Michael Bendis- He writes ultimate spiderman, IMHO the best comic series of the last decade in addition to writing an insane amount of other marvel books
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    PLUS you have that ubercool remarque that totally looks like it was always there in the endpages of the book.
    Yes, this is so very true. I'm a great admirer of his work... and I've been very lucky with regards to him being accessible and kind to me.

ETA: This is the remarque to which Sam refers. It's just so very cool, and was a total surprise. JHW3 did the remarque as all on his own... I was blown away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast