Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Posting pictures, links etc.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    stroppygoblin made some very nice changes to our gallery photo upload options:

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin
    I've just been investigating the photo upload admin options and have tweaked a couple of settings:

1. I have modified it so that instead of showing the url link under the uploaded photo, it now shows a proper BBcode link that can be copied and pasted directly into a post.
    2. I have modified it so that a user can select up to 5 images concurrently and upload all at the same time. (I can increase this, but I felt 5 was a reasonable number)
    WOOO way to go Simon. I've been waiting for multi upload for awhile!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That’s why he gets paid the big bucks.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

stroppygoblin made some very nice changes to our gallery photo upload options:

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin
    I've just been investigating the photo upload admin options and have tweaked a couple of settings:

1. I have modified it so that instead of showing the url link under the uploaded photo, it now shows a proper BBcode link that can be copied and pasted directly into a post.
    2. I have modified it so that a user can select up to 5 images concurrently and upload all at the same time. (I can increase this, but I felt 5 was a reasonable number)

I've wanted multiple uploads since I first started using the gallery.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, the change is retroactive. Click on your previously uploaded entry and there are 3 pic link options, including the [IMG] link that can simply be pasted in a post.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could use some help/advice, please

I'm trying to use the upload tool here so that I don't have to use an outside hosting site, and while I've tried to upload some photos, they're not appearing. I may be doing something wrong

I've tried using the "upload photos" link, and I've also tried creating an album and uploading them to the album. Each time it gives me the "photo uploading" dialogue, followed by"upload complete", but I still can't find them anywhere and when I navigate back to my album, it's blank.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need some permissions that I don't have?

Thanks!

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I could use some help/advice, please

I'm trying to use the upload tool here so that I don't have to use an outside hosting site, and while I've tried to upload some photos, they're not appearing. I may be doing something wrong

I've tried using the "upload photos" link, and I've also tried creating an album and uploading them to the album. Each time it gives me the "photo uploading" dialogue, followed by"upload complete", but I still can't find them anywhere and when I navigate back to my album, it's blank.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need some permissions that I don't have?

Thanks!
    The most likely culprit would be the size of the photos you are trying to add to your album. I use a free internet based program to resize all my photos before uploading. Works like a charm.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That works, thanks!

Silly me, I thought that "no maximum upload size" meant "no maximum upload size" and so I was trying to upload 2MB files.

I tried one that was just under 1MB and there was no problem

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else having issues posting pictures today?

I go through the entire process...and I am told my image is uploaded....but then I cannot find it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I go through the entire process...and I am told my image is uploaded....but then I cannot find it.
    Uploading to the gallery, or links to pics hosted elsewhere?
    Most problems with the gallery are from images that are too large in file size, or that exceed pixel size.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Most problems with the gallery are from images that are too large in file size, or that exceed pixel size.
    I am trying to upload an image to my album....no go.

I don't think the file is larger than usual.

EDIT.....it must be the file size.....I just tried to upload another photo...and it worked fine.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

That works, thanks!

Silly me, I thought that "no maximum upload size" meant "no maximum upload size" and so I was trying to upload 2MB files.

I tried one that was just under 1MB and there was no problem

I am trying to upload an image to my album....no go.

I don't think the file is larger than usual.

EDIT.....it must be the file size.....I just tried to upload another photo...and it worked fine.
    As you can see from my above post, I have had this issue as well.

Would it be too much of a problem to change "no maximum upload size" to whatever the true maximum upload size is (I still don't know but it seems to be ~1MB)? Or maybe "no total maximum upload size; individual pictures limited to X"? I think it's rather misleading and causes unnecessary confusion.

That said, I want to say that I very much appreciate the gallery option and it's the only way I've ever posted pictures to the site. I don't have to go to some third-party site and make an account, and I don't have to worry about exceeding some threshold if the pictures I upload are viewed too many times. So thank you, sincerely, to everyone involved for including that functionality in the site.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Would it be too much of a problem to change "no maximum upload size" to whatever the true maximum upload size is (I still don't know but it seems to be ~1MB)? Or maybe "no total maximum upload size; individual pictures limited to X"? I think it's rather misleading and causes unnecessary confusion.
    The text cant be changed (at least not by me). The maximum image resolution is set to 4000 x 3250 and the max image size is pretty much unlimited. There must be something else that I cant get access to that is preventing images above a certain size to be uploaded.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for clearing that up! It looks like it's on me - the native image resolution is too large by the tiniest bit for pictures from an iphone 6S (FYI in case anyone else is using their iphone as a camera) - they are 4032 x 3024. When I compress the image usually lands at 1MB so that's what I thought was going on.

Thanks again, and I really appreciate the service!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As a test, I've raised the max image size to 4800x3250 pixels. As stroppy mentioned the file size limit of 1600000 KB (1,600 MB) is effectively unlimited.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

OK, so I know it's been a while since I've accessed my gallery, but now when I click on the link it says I have no albums...Am I missing something?
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

You are here.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    You are here.
    Yeah, there's something else happening. Not letting me sign on to the forum. If I click on an email notification from TDT.Org that there is a new posting to one of the threads I subscribe to it opens another window that goes directly to that thread, and I'm automatically signed in.

If, for instance, I click the link you provided above, it opens another window and I am no longer logged in. When I try to log in it goes to the homepage and no matter how many times I try to log in it doesn't work...I've tried on different browsers and computers. Same results.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

zyou need to create a new password.
    If you are still having trouble send me an email and we will sort it out
    zoidsmith
    AT
    aol.com

zyou need to create a new password.
    If you are still having trouble send me an email and we will sort it out
    zoidsmith
    AT
    aol.com
    Still didn't work. I sent you an email. Let me know if you did not get it.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I responded to your email.

I responded to your email.
    I think I figured it out. My company made some changes to the intranet security rules. Apparently, what I was trying to do is no longer available. I logged in at home and it works.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I tried uploading a new "Test" image of my bookcases and thought I had it destined to my 2010 Collection album and it seemed to upload without an issue, but I'll be damed if I can find it. Also, it seems like I have pics in several places and would like to consolidate and organize them into either of two albums, "Rock n Roll Art" and "2021 Collection". I thought I had created the new album, but alas cannot find that either. It was at this point that I thought it prudent to ask for help!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are all the old photo's from back in 2010. Yesterday I tried to create a new album and upload a test photo of my bookcases as they appear now. It's these that I cannot locate even though there were no errors when I performed the tasks. Can't find the new album or the newly uploaded picture.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Why not use your already created albums?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast