Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 188 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4697

Thread: General Television Discussion

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

About to start the final season of Six Feet Under. A friend of mine unfortunately, accidentally spoiled an important aspect of the show

Spoiler:
    Nate's death

but I'm not going to let it sour my experience since the show is so rich in texture that I'm sure the creators found a way to make it something meaningful as opposed to just happening for shock factor.

I watched the first episode of Daredevil over the weekend and I enjoyed it. I'm hope it doesn't follow the crime-per-episode format because that's the quickest way to cliches and half baked plot devices.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    About to start the final season of Six Feet Under. A friend of mine unfortunately, accidentally spoiled an important aspect of the show

Spoiler:
    Nate's death

but I'm not going to let it sour my experience since the show is so rich in texture that I'm sure the creators found a way to make it something meaningful as opposed to just happening for shock factor.

I watched the first episode of Daredevil over the weekend and I enjoyed it. I'm hope it doesn't follow the crime-per-episode format because that's the quickest way to cliches and half baked plot devices.
    It does not. VERY well done.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^Agreed! I'm halfway through on my second rewatch. Very faithful to the best of the comics while still doing it's own thing. The ONLY issue I had is that they worked so hard on playing it straight/realistic throughout the show but they then lose all that credibility by the end of the last episode, IMHO.
    Still, I'm definitely looking forward to the next 3 Marvel Netflix series they have planned.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Anyone here like Game of Thrones and hear about the web leak of the first 4 episodes online? And yes it is real and I have seen all 4 episodes.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know I'm a few years late but I just decided to finally start watching Game of Thrones. Only about 3 eps in so far though.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Anyone here like Game of Thrones and hear about the web leak of the first 4 episodes online? And yes it is real and I have seen all 4 episodes.

I have heard about it and am not watching my favorite (current) TV show that way. Please do not reveal anything from those episodes here.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I know I'm a few years late but I just decided to finally start watching Game of Thrones. Only about 3 eps in so far though.
    have you read the novels?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nope, I've tried but couldn't get past the first few pages, and I'll admit I was a bit confused when the show started too. I had to go look some stuff up quick, but had to stop for fear of being spoiled.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, they're very dense, but they fill in a lot of gaps or things that get glossed over in the show.

Hell, I've read all the books and even I get lost sometimes. I have to text Bethany while the show is airing so she can answer all my questions with her encyclopedic knowledge lol.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Anyone else excited about the Justified finale tonight? And, perhaps, a little bit sad...

This is how it all began:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIqDKhWmP3k

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Anyone else excited about the Justified finale tonight? And, perhaps, a little bit sad...

This is how it all began:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIqDKhWmP3k
    I am! I am sad as well but I give the creator and Tim Oliphant a lot of credit and respect. The show was signed on for one more season after this one and then it was done. The creator didn't want to ruin the show and drag it out too long like many shows and become way too repetitive, so he canceled next years season. I respect that way more then shows that had a lot of promise and yet they still continue on and on way past their prime. Justified will be missed and tonight is a sad night for me. A well written and acted show will be missed .
    l
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Yeah, they're very dense, but they fill in a lot of gaps or things that get glossed over in the show.

Hell, I've read all the books and even I get lost sometimes. I have to text Bethany while the show is airing so she can answer all my questions with her encyclopedic knowledge lol.
    Good to know. Maybe I can ask her all my questions

What's your take on the show? I've heard nothing but good things about it. So far I'm enjoying it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love it, I think the show is fucking fantastic. It has exceeded my expectations.

My Mood
    Confused

[QUOTE=Heather19;914867]

Good to know. Maybe I can ask her all my questions

I really enjoy the show and get caught re-watching episodes as I go to bed. However, I tend to get disappointed with all the backstabbing and how too quickly loyalties change even with family members. Martin personally has reported that the show will become spoilers to the books as the show will surpass them (write faster!) His ideas are in hand and won't change, so I'm guessing he plays a part in the direction of the show? Also, with a large following, fans have figured out key questions (like John Snow's family lineage, what the last book will be, etc.) Martin has expressed he won't change his ideas and hasn't replied as to whom is right or wrong, just stating his ideas won't change nor will the outcome.
    I have not read the books but I have talked to people who have. I have only read detailed paged synopsis' of the books currently circulated. My guess, is that book 6 and 7 will be based about the white walker war and the world uniting against them. And, or, John Snow fighting Daenery, or working together for humanity against the white walkers. We will see.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Checking out Babylon 5 for the first time. A little dated in some ways, but promising so far. Definitely chucks the viewer in at the deep end sci-fi wise, as it throws a lot of alien races and history at the viewer, and when it's that heavy, it can be a little difficult for me to get into, but it also has a clear sense of humour from time to time, so that helps. I've heard it gets better as it goes on, as it's supposed to be one of the earlier examples of a sci-fi series with a greater emphasis on story arcs. I'm excited to see how it develops, anyway.

As for Game of Thrones: while I'm really behind on the TV series and it is very dense, I've definitely really enjoyed both what I've seen and what I've read of the books so far.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Nope, I've tried but couldn't get past the first few pages, and I'll admit I was a bit confused when the show started too. I had to go look some stuff up quick, but had to stop for fear of being spoiled.
    If a book has to have an index of fucking houses in the back, there is probably too much going on. I read up to the 3rd or 4th book (I can't remember which one at this point- that's sad) and I was often reading and thinking 'Who is this person they're mentioning?...Who the fuck is this?...What is happening?!"
    It's too much like a big game of chess and I just don't have the patience to keep up.
    Also, for crying out loud the characters' names! It's bad enough trying to keep up with people, but he has to go and give all these names that sound familiar. Do we really need an Aemon, Aegon, and Aeron mentioned? Am I really expected to know who is who when the names are so similar. Also, I'm not ashamed to admit that I was almost to the end of book 1 before I realized that The Mountain (Gregor) wasn't Sandor, his brother.

I remember you and I having that conversation about how it was hard to keep up with. Eff those books, man. Eff them hard. If reading something is more confusing and frustrating than it is rewarding, I'm out! haha

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok Amanda, before John Blaze or Bethany read what you've posted, may I make one tiny suggestion?

Spoiler:
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Hahaha. I know!
    I've just ostracized myself.

Hey, it's out now. I stand by my statement.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

DirectTV had a free preview weekend of HBO and they just happened to run a marathon of season 1 of Silicon Valley. I had set my DVR to record the series back when I had HBO free for my first 3 months but I only got through the first 3 or 4 episodes.

I ended up watching all 8 episodes over the last couple of days. The show seems a bit like a combination of Office Space and Big Bang Theory.

It just sucks that season 2 started and I don’t have HBO anymore.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Hahaha. I know!
    I've just ostracized myself.

Hey, it's out now. I stand by my statement.
    Are you kidding me? Someone that speaks their mind for once and isn't ashamed to get harassed or care what others think?! Sorry, but I think what you said was fantastic. Whether I agree or not with your thoughts about the books (I agree) shouldn't matter. I feel it's great to have someone out there who doesn't care what they say or write or about other people's feelings. Too many people get "hurt" too often these days, as everyone seems too sensitive these days, so don't apologize. I'm a big fan! I don't care what others think, for the most part, and I'm sure most people don't like my brazen thoughts either. Shed no tears for the weak.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWRaAF6_WY

If a book has to have an index of fucking houses in the back, there is probably too much going on. I read up to the 3rd or 4th book (I can't remember which one at this point- that's sad) and I was often reading and thinking 'Who is this person they're mentioning?...Who the fuck is this?...What is happening?!"
    It's too much like a big game of chess and I just don't have the patience to keep up.
    Also, for crying out loud the characters' names! It's bad enough trying to keep up with people, but he has to go and give all these names that sound familiar. Do we really need an Aemon, Aegon, and Aeron mentioned? Am I really expected to know who is who when the names are so similar. Also, I'm not ashamed to admit that I was almost to the end of book 1 before I realized that The Mountain (Gregor) wasn't Sandor, his brother.
    I tried the audiobook recently as well, thinking maybe it'd be easier. But I maybe listened to the first 20 min three times before I said screw it cause I had no clue what was going on

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If a book has to have an index of fucking houses in the back, there is probably too much going on.
    Oh no, are you serious?

EDIT: I read that three times before I realized it didn't say "horses."

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Checking out Babylon 5 for the first time. A little dated in some ways, but promising so far. Definitely chucks the viewer in at the deep end sci-fi wise, as it throws a lot of alien races and history at the viewer, and when it's that heavy, it can be a little difficult for me to get into, but it also has a clear sense of humour from time to time, so that helps. I've heard it gets better as it goes on, as it's supposed to be one of the earlier examples of a sci-fi series with a greater emphasis on story arcs. I'm excited to see how it develops, anyway.
    I just finished with B5 recently myself, and thought it was FANTASTIC.
    I just started watching Buffy tonight, having only seen the movie before.
    Sad to hear about Horns. Having never read the book, I was looking forward to seeing it.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Watching The Americans. It's a "sleeper" of a show for a lot of people. As in, not many seem to be watching it but it's been absolutely great so far (3 episodes in). It's a solid story through and through. Very character driven. It h\s plenty of action but it's realistic hand-to-hand combat and behind-the-scenes spy stuff. Highly recommended.

I need to catch up on The Flash, Arrow and start Daredevil.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

My wife and I like The Americans a lot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 188 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast