Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 3936

Thread: Book Signings and Appearances-Tips and experiences

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There ya go Bruce Just in case you couldn't figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hang on guys I'm gonna get some popcorn.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Dont know if its been mentioned yet but looks like king will be doing a signing in sarasota at bookstore1 on march 15. Will only be signing END OF WATCH though.
    Didn't hear that. What would EOW be now... 4th printing? Why won't he allow signing of his old books I wonder.... last time was Toronto right all? How long ago was that?
    The rules of what is signed are not King's rules. King doesn't really care much which of his books he signs.

Agreed! He is always very gracious about signing books. any books. He still makes money selling his latest book and then can sign one book of our choice. He did that in Toronto, Sarasota and Savannah. Book being promoted was bought. my choice of book signed. one or the other in Savannah. Toronto was a free for all! Bought Dr. Sleep and he signed anything. Win Win for both of us. and he still made $$.

My End of Watch was 7th printing in DC a few months ago.
    I wouldn't say always. It is more a difference between King appearing at a book festival where he is not necessarily promoting a new book and a book tour. His more recent book tours have more rules and restrictions than ten lawyers could write up. And they are strictly new book only signings. Put an old book in front of him and you might be tasered by overzealous book store employees. And King can be snarky or nice depending on his mood. I'm not sure money is a concern to him anymore. They blame the silly rules on the bookstore but the book store folks are falling all over themselves to accommodate him, so it is easy to tell who is calling the tune. King hates ebay sellers and doesn't appear to be overly fond of collectors. He has gone out of his way in recent years to thwart them - which is why these things are now often run like a military exercise. In Maine they made little old ladies take their purses back to their cars (I guess he was afraid of them) and the older lady who apparently taught Joe in Kindergarten was instructed not to speak to him. I don't entirely blame King as these autograph hounds likely are annoying and some even unbalanced.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    ...these autograph hounds likely are annoying and some even unbalanced.
    Yep.
    Wait till you run onto "The Claw"

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    "Christine" at the Mad Monster Party ...

Mad Monster Party 2017
    Thanks for this, Tommy. Only a few hours from me. I might have to go meet Christine!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Here is the link if anyone is interested LINK
    Thanks for the info I wonder if anyone will go? Might be a chance to "cash him ouside" no? lol
    I think the words YOU are trying to spell are CATCH & OUTSIDE....See we ALL make mistakes (At least I don't run a print shop.)
    Omg. You really are an old fool. Good try. Maybe you should look around and educate yourself on what the meaning of what I said is. Google Dr Phil and what I said. Oh, and thanks for coming out.

Kris OH WAIT! I just saw the new avatar.
    KISS-ASS
    OLD? TRUE! I just turned 76 years old (I believe the oldest member on the site)& to old to put up with new slang bullshit....But a FOOL? I only paid cover price for my lettered REGULATORS. That also WORKS because of the OLD part & remember that over 90% of my ENTIRE collection was obtained before the internet. I have now been retired 21 years from a blue collar job & because I like to SHARE & SHOW OFF what I have managed to collect over 60 years of my life... (I could be wrong but I do believe that's a BIG part of this site is about people showing off their collections) I feel I don't deserve a ration of SHIT from you because I once hurt your feelings. (and by the way did apologized for.)BUT YOU JUST CAN'T LET IT GO!

Spoiler:
    As to someone being a FOOL as far as I know you & your BIG MOUTH (I believe I spelled if right this time) are the only ones that on my demise will not be able to BUY or BID on anything from the estate.
    I guess you can say "THAT'S MY POINT!" -30-

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Hang on guys I'm gonna get some popcorn.
    Just another part of the collection & you know how I like to share & show off.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is the link if anyone is interested LINK
    Thanks for the info I wonder if anyone will go? Might be a chance to "cash him ouside" no? lol
    I think the words YOU are trying to spell are CATCH & OUTSIDE....See we ALL make mistakes (At least I don't run a print shop.)
    Omg. You really are an old fool. Good try. Maybe you should look around and educate yourself on what the meaning of what I said is. Google Dr Phil and what I said. Oh, and thanks for coming out.

Kris OH WAIT! I just saw the new avatar.
    KISS-ASS
    OLD? TRUE! I just turned 76 years old (I believe the oldest member on the site)& to old to put up with new slang bullshit....But a FOOL? I only paid cover price for my lettered REGULATORS. That also WORKS because of the OLD part & remember that over 90% of my ENTIRE collection was obtained before the internet. I have now been retired 21 years from a blue collar job & because I like to SHARE & SHOW OFF what I have managed to collect over 60 years of my life... (I could be wrong but I do believe that's a BIG part of this site is about people showing off their collections) I feel I don't deserve a ration of SHIT from you because I once hurt your feelings. (and by the way did apologized for.)BUT YOU JUST CAN'T LET IT GO!

Spoiler:
    As to someone being a FOOL as far as I know you & your BIG MOUTH (I believe I spelled if right this time) are the only ones that on my demise will not be able to BUY or BID on anything from the estate.
    I guess you can say "THAT'S MY POINT!" -30-
    My real name is Kris Webster and I am from Nova Scotia Canada. Mark it down and send it to your lawyers. And Bruce, your an asshole and I have no intention of giving you the satisfaction of bidding on anything from your estate. This is the last time I will respond to you on the matter. You never said sorry either FYI. You played your little game and I fell for it. I won't any longer Have a nice day
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I BEG YOU PARDON! In a private message over a year ago you told me I had hurt your feelings about telling you that the woman at the library lied when she told you those books in the auction had come from Kings "Private Collection". I told you at that time I was SORRY that your feelings were hurt. But that I would not apologize for telling you the TRUTH and if you say these FACTS are not TRUE ...Then YOU Sir are A LYING SACK OF SHIT! and that you have lied just as much as the lady from the library.
    P.S. JUST what little game did you fall for?

Country
    Country Flag

I BEG YOU PARDON! In a private message over a year ago you told me I had hurt your feelings about telling you that the woman at the library lied when she told you those books in the auction had come from Kings "Private Collection". I told you at that time I was SORRY that your feelings were hurt. But that I would not apologize for telling you the TRUTH and if you say these FACTS are not TRUE ...Then YOU Sir are A LYING SACK OF SHIT! and that you have lied just as much as the lady from the library.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

KRIS
    I SERIOUSLY THINK YOU SHOULD SEE A PSYCHOLOGIST.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously, you two should continue this via PMs, not in this topic.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

If you follow Rich Chizmar on Twitter and retweet the relevant tweet, you could win an ARC of Gwendy's Button Box next week.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    If you follow Rich Chizmar on Twitter and retweet the relevant tweet, you could win an ARC of Gwendy's Button Box next week.
    Bev, I follow him on Twitter.. do you need to retweet a certain tweet or anyone? Thanks in advance!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Bev, I follow him on Twitter.. do you need to retweet a certain tweet or anyone? Thanks in advance!
    This one: https://twitter.com/RichardChizmar/s...59674462728192

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Seriously, you two should continue this via PMs, not in this topic.
    I think I agree with you.

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone making it to Sarasota for the signing next week?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    I'm going.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    I'm going.
    We look forward to seeing those who show up. D and I will go after all.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Who made it to the Sarasota signing today?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Who made it to the Sarasota signing today [yesterday]?
    There were a few members there. Me, barlow, EXPLORER, Lot guy, Roseannebarr & tippy4.

It was a lot of fun. While Matt and Glen were stalking King, the rest of us met on the patio of a restaurant across the street from the bookstore.

The new store is beautiful. The event went well. King was in a great mood. He was kissing babies and hugging old ladies.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Who made it to the Sarasota signing today [yesterday]?
    There were a few members there. Me, barlow, EXPLORER, Lot guy, Roseannebarr & tippy4.

It was a lot of fun. While Matt and Glen were stalking King, the rest of us met on the patio of a restaurant across the street from the bookstore.

The new store is beautiful. The event went well. King was in a great mood. He was kissing babies and hugging old ladies.
    Im jealous Brian! Sounds like when we were drinking a bit on that patio before the Library event! Hope you had a great time
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I was there....a quick trip from CA to FL and back in 36 hours.

It was quite orderly....you got in line based on your ticket number......went in past a police officer (who took your bag if you had one), dropped off your ticket with a woman holding a basket.....ten feet later a woman inspected your book and folded the DJ over to the title page, ten feet later, King signed your book as the manager looked on, and you left the building.

I think the event lasted from 200PM to 345PM, and I estimate 400 people were there.

A special thanks to Explorer and Br!an ......you guys know what you did and I appreciate it!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

So was anyone able to get a different book signed?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    So was anyone able to get a different book signed?
    I'd say that Matt probably got 20 or so? :p
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 158 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast