Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Paramount remaking Pet Sematary

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm already tired with the whole "creepy kids wearing masks" schtick they felt the need to add.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I'm already tired with the whole "creepy kids wearing masks" schtick they felt the need to add.
    100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was trying to remember that from the book, but kept coming up empty. Why must they ruin everything?!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Realizing I'm in the minority that is looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the book and the original movie.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I wonder if the masked children could be from a flashback about those who'd used the pet cemetery before (I'd prefer this to some half-assed Children Of The Corn thing).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I wonder if the masked children could be from a flashback about those who'd used the pet cemetery before (I'd prefer this to some half-assed Children Of The Corn thing).
    Maybe they’ll go full Justice League and this scene will be a trailer only scene?? I thought it was weird, but I found the drums to be more off putting. I don’t have a good reason for this, I just wasn’t into that sound

Still all in for the movie though

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I'm actually finding myself looking forward to this movie. The book and original movie were always sort of middle of the road for me. I don't love them, but I don't hate them either. I've always thought that the movie was one of the better adaptations of his books, compared to some of the other clunkers that exist.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I understand how these kids with masks might put some off, but I'm fine with them as long as they have something to do with the past, as in flashbacks...but then again, they might turn up as ghosts or something, which would be weird. For me, the trailer looks good and I'm all in, but I don't wish to see those kids being part of the present fear and danger. It would be like having Michael Myers roaming the Marsten House if another remake of 'Salem's Lot should ever happen. But Jason Clarke and John Lithgow are both great, and that girl Jeté Campbell seems to be more talented than the girl who played the original Ellie, so who knows...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/origin...ing-adaptation
    While a new film of Pet Sematary is set to hit theatres next year, director Mary Lambert has been restoring and remastering her original film adaptation of Stephen King’s novel. The filmmaker behind the first film adaptation announced via social media that she’s been hard at work with the studio to create a high-definition version of Pet Sematary.

“Working with Paramount to create HDR version of original Pet Sematary. It looks amazing,” Lambert wrote on Instagram (and Twitter) along with a video of the Achilles tendon-slicing scene from the 1989 film.

A few days later, the filmmaker went on Twitter to provide an updated progress report. “I spent #FemaleFilmakerFriday working at @ParamountPics on the restoration of Pet Sematary,” tweeted Lambert. “HDR Color Grading & Dolby Vision. Looks gorgeous!! Their team is amazing! I'd love to direct another project for Paramount one day. Xo”

Lambert’s film adaptation of Pet Sematary was written by King himself and filmed in part in Maine (King wanted to bring some of that Hollywood movie money to his home state). It starred Dale Midkiff, Fred Gwynne, Denise Crosby and Brad Greenquist.

Pet Sematary centers on the Creed family who moves to a house in Maine near a road where pets are known to get run over by careening trucks and a cemetery that children have built (hence the misspelling of the word “cemetery”) for said mowed-down pets. But when tragedy strikes the Creeds, patriarch Louis Creed learns of the cemetery’s unnatural powers of resurrection and (mis)uses it in a fit of grief. It doesn’t go well.

Dennis Widmyer and Kevin Kolsch are directing this new version of Pet Sematary, based off a script by Jeff Buhler (showrunner of SYFY's George R.R. Martin series Nightflyers). It stars John Lithgow and Jason Clarke.

No word on when fans can expect to see this new high-definition version of the original movie, but the new Pet Sematary film is set to hit theatres in April 19, 2019.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

A new trailer drops tomorrow (probably at ew.com) and the film will premiere at SXSW.

Horror at the beginning, horror at the end: After SXSW Film (March 8-17) announced that Jordan Peele's eagerly awaited doppelganger chiller Us will be this year's opening night movie, today the festival confirmed it will close with the new adaptation of Stephen King's Pet Sematary.

>>> Source

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It will actually be dropped there :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK0LNzU2TQI

It should arrive by 3pm, Paris time
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Warning: the trailer gives away A LOT, and it looks like the film does things plenty different from the book. So don't watch if you want to be surprised in the theatre. I definitely have reservations towards this after seeing it, but at the same time, it intrigues me as well.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    I definitely have reservations towards this after seeing it, but at the same time, it intrigues me as well.
    My feelings as well.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am fully expecting a POOR King adaptation this time round....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

EW has an article of the filmmakers explaining their choices. I'll put it in a spoiler for those who want to be surprised.

Spoiler:
    If you’re here, you’ve watched the new Pet Sematary trailer and learned where it deviates from King’s original narrative: this time, it’s not the Creed family’s toddler son Gage who dies and comes back to life in that otherworldly burial ground in the woods.

It’s his big sister Ellie — played by Jeté Laurence, who (based on early footage EW has previewed) is staggeringly good in both the living and undead parts of the role.

Still, this is certain to be controversial among King’s Constant Readers as well as fans of the 1989 film adaptation.

“Trust me, we were nervous about it,” says producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura. “I feel this way about anything that you remake or update. If we gave you what you had before, we didn’t do the subject matter much good. I’m very protective of movies too, but I want a new experience each time, and feel like filmmakers have really thought about the choice. That was one, we thought, ‘All right, let’s make this choice.’”

Directors Kevin Kölsch and Dennis Widmyer (Starry Eyes) hope fans will hear them out about why they felt the alteration in Jeff Buhler’s screenplay was necessary.

A Bigger Threat

Paramount Pictures
    For one, what readers can imagine in King’s book is harder to accept when presented literally onscreen. The resurrected child who returns with a voracious bloodlust is more physically intimidating in the shape of an 8-year-old girl than a 3-year-old boy.

“Much of how they shot the first [movie] was a doll,” Widmyer says. “It’s creepy and it’s effective. But we’ve now seen Child’s Play and we’ve seen the little kid trying to kill, and it’s effective when done right, but …” They felt it had been done already, and this was a chance to try something fresh.

The Mind Games

In King’s novel, the resurrected child doesn’t just physically attack the people who love and miss him — he plays savage psychological games and brutally taunts them about their fears and weaknesses.

He is not, after all, really Gage Creed but a malevolent, angry spirit that the burial grounds allow to inhabit that broken little body.

You can’t physically have that with Gage in a movie, Kölsch says.

“There are things that we put back in that, if people didn’t read the book, they’re going to think they are things that we’ve changed [from the 1989 film],” he says. “‘Why’d they make her say these lines?’ But if you read the book, these are things that are taken right out of it that just didn’t make it into the original movie because they probably couldn’t have a 3-year-old do it.”

The Ethics

Paramount Pictures
    Not only is it difficult to get a 3-year-old performer to do those things, but it’s also probably not right to try. A toddler can easily confuse fantasy and reality, while Laurence, who turned 11 during the filming last summer, was fully aware that the gruesome parts were make-believe.

“Gage is so young, you can’t really do that much with him,” di Bonaventura says. “So this way, we’re able to really get underneath our affected child. We’re able to get into the psychological horror of a child [coming back] because of her age.”

No offense to 3-year-old twins Hugo Lavoie and Lucas Lavoie, who alternate playing Gage, but in this version, they get to play sweet, sometimes scared, and sometimes sad, but they are kept away from both the road and scalpels.

The Quiet Moments

Kerry Hayes/Paramount Pictures
    The filmmakers felt the change would strengthen the story partly because Ellie’s sweet relationship with aging neighbor Jud Crandall (John Lithgow) was such an important part of the book.

Before the unthinkable strikes the Creed family, Laurence and Lithgow share funny, caring moments, which ultimately add depth to her untimely end (orchestrated in the trailer by her resurrected cat Church.)

Another powerful moment from Laurence is hinted at in the trailer: the hug she gives her shellshocked mother Rachel (Amy Seimetz) while her father Louis (Jason Clarke) tries to explain the unfathomable to his wife.

Laurence was able to play the hushed scenes, before Ellie’s darker side emerges, when she appears to be a scared child who doesn’t understand any of this either. Is this the real Ellie, struggling to speak around the sinister presence animating her? Or is it a calculated performance to lower their guard?

Either way, it’s not something the filmmakers felt audiences could easily believe from a toddler.

“There was something about an 8-year-old and the psychology that she would have,” Widmyer says. “She would understand what happened to her on the road. She would understand that she’s dead. She would know how to not only physically kill a person, but psychologically destroy them as well. It just gave another layer to it.”

While the debate over this change is bound to be intense, it’s also going to lead to another nervewracking moment…

Waiting to hear what Stephen King says about it.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

WTF?

spoiler from the trailer:
    Spoiler:
    They switched it so that it's Ellie that dies instead of Gage?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WTF?
    my question, verbatim

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I was honestly looking forward to this movie. But them making a completely unnecessary change that big has me worried.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    I'll put it in a spoiler for those who want to be surprised.
    if they seriously think that
    Spoiler:
    "The resurrected child who returns with a voracious bloodlust is more physically intimidating in the shape of an 8-year-old girl than a 3-year-old boy"
    i am afraid they miss what TPS is about. I suggest
    Spoiler:
    they kill and ressurect a local lumberjack. He is bigger, stronger and definitely even more physically intimidating than a 8-year-old girl

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think I'm going to hold off on watching the new trailer. I was just reading online that it gave away a major spoiler (which I absolutely hate spoilers). So I came here to see if it was something from the book, but I'm guessing it's not. Now I'm worried based on everyone's reaction that they're going to mess with the story. I guess I need to stay away from anything concerning the film until it's released, and lower my expectations so that I'm not too annoyed by them changing the story around.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So much for this being more faithful to the book.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I was honestly looking forward to this movie. But them making a completely unnecessary change that big has me worried.
    I like their explanation for why they did it. It makes sense to me, and it gives me a reason to want to see this film instead of just recycling what has already been done.

Country
    Country Flag

Poster. Hints at the aforementioned spoiler so putting it under a cut.

Spoiler:

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I like their explanation for why they did it. It makes sense to me, and it gives me a reason to want to see this film instead of just recycling what has already been done.
    What was the explanation?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast