Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: TravelinJack

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    As soon as I win the Megamillions or you decide to give me your theater room lock, stock and popcorn barrel, I will install my own home theater.

Speaking of 3D movies, why are some so godawful impossible to watch (FRIGHT NIGHT), and some so beautiful (OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL) on my 3D TV?
    Most were digitally altered after filming for the 3d "effect". Movies that are planned as 3d, and shot correctly can look amazing. Another factor is ambient lihting. Most 3d movies command near total darkness in the room or theater, as the phase shift the glasses cause make your mind interpret 3d, but also make the image less bright.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I don't have a question but I just wanted to tell you your home cinema looks fantastic!
    Much appreciated! BTW - are you related to Mr. Bookman The Library Detective from Seinfeld? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Why are you not involved with the best scene thread man!!?! You obviously love movies!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good point, yeah, I'll have to poke around that thread some. In fact, I've been trying to catalog great scenes for demo purposes lately. I bet there are some great scenes just for that in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Dude, I just got everyone in my family to come around the computer to look at pictures of your computer room. Man, I am equal parts awe and envy... What an amazing set up...
    That's awesome, glad you all enjoyed it. Wish I could give you a live demo.

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Did you POP for a 3D projector? Also I would suggest a region free 3D Blu-Ray player.... It opens up so many options from around the world & not just Blu-Ray.
    EXAMPLES
    U.K. DVD includes extras not found in the U.S.A. copies

Spoiler:

U.S.A. Blu-Ray

U.K .Blu-Ray]
    Yes, good to go with 3D but haven't watched much in the way of 3D. I should though. I'll have to check out your recommendations. Thanks for that! I think my BD player is region free. Need to double check that.

As soon as I win the Megamillions or you decide to give me your theater room lock, stock and popcorn barrel, I will install my own home theater.

Speaking of 3D movies, why are some so godawful impossible to watch (FRIGHT NIGHT), and some so beautiful (OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL) on my 3D TV?
    I do hope you win the Mega Millions. In case you need numbers I heard 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 are lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Most were digitally altered after filming for the 3d "effect". Movies that are planned as 3d, and shot correctly can look amazing. Another factor is ambient lihting. Most 3d movies command near total darkness in the room or theater, as the phase shift the glasses cause make your mind interpret 3d, but also make the image less bright.
    Agreed, lighting makes a world of difference. Great breakdown of real 3D and processed 3D. I find that, and this could totally be in my head, movies that are processed 3D after the fact are the ones I tend to strain my eyes during.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got some new King related items added to the collection. An influx of artwork.

Here are some portfolios I have added:

And some framed Signed and/or S/L prints from Whelan! I really like these. I have a few still getting framed, should have them back in a couple weeks. Now the tough part. Where to put these?

6/99 This may very well be my favorite.

Or this, hard to pick.

Or maybe this one. Ok, who needs favorites. I like them all.

These two are cool because the frames and matting match:

"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The riding through the gate is my favorite of the bunch.

Where to put them? That's easy. Well packaged in a nice box and send it to me. I'll split the postage.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

The riding through the gate is my favorite of the bunch.

Where to put them? That's easy. Well packaged in a nice box and send it to me. I'll split the postage.
    Agreed, that's a great one. Very funny as to where to put them.

WTB:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Remember when "Bose" was the shit? lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Remember when "Bose" was the shit? lol lol
    That's hilarious - indeed I do.

WTB:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice setup, Jake!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice setup, Jake!
    Thanks Brian!

WTB:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd watch a lot more movies if I had that set-up! Very nice!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still LOVE my Bose Acoustimass!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WTG, Bill! Kick it old school!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Old school? lol lol Best set of speakers I ever bought!!! I buy/bought nothing but, Bose since I heard a demo of the clock radio on the seaport pier in NYC in 1986 during the celebration. I have 2 wave radio's, Acoustimass, bookshelf and towers and the Bose center channel speaker. Pisses my kids off to no end!!! lol lol

Sorry, TJ didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'll go listen to some "Old Time R&R"!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Is that copy of Boy's Life the 25th anniversary edition? I just happened to come across an image of that earlier today (yes, I am obsessed at the moment. It's just in my nature to go head over heels for whatever I'm into at the time. haha)
    and that cover is one of the most incredible things ever.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I'd watch a lot more movies if I had that set-up! Very nice!
    Thanks Brian! Lot's of movie watching for sure. The funny thing is, I have been rewatching movies I never got to experiance on the big screen. Or it's just been years. Lot's of fun! I recently watched the remastered bluray of Blade Runner. My god they nailed it with the remastered audio. Same with Star Wars, did a marathon with my oldest son (13) it was a lot of fun.

Did he just say Acoustimass!!??

Old school indeed. :-)

Old school? lol lol Best set of speakers I ever bought!!! I buy/bought nothing but, Bose since I heard a demo of the clock radio on the seaport pier in NYC in 1986 during the celebration. I have 2 wave radio's, Acoustimass, bookshelf and towers and the Bose center channel speaker. Pisses my kids off to no end!!! lol lol

Sorry, TJ didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'll go listen to some "Old Time R&R"!!! lol lol
    No worries. It was fun reading this. I dig Bose's wave setup and even their new line of soundtouches.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

Is that copy of Boy's Life the 25th anniversary edition? I just happened to come across an image of that earlier today (yes, I am obsessed at the moment. It's just in my nature to go head over heels for whatever I'm into at the time. haha)
    and that cover is one of the most incredible things ever.
    Yes that is. Not only is it one of my favorite books, but also one of my favorite non-king S/Ls. I would say a must have for any McCammon fan. Let me know if you are looking for one.

WTB:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah well, you need to have very deep pockets to keep up with technology these days. Here I am a disabled, one eyed and retired 'Captain of Industry". sigh!!! lol lol lol Very cool set up ya got there, my brother!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Ah well, you need to have very deep pockets to keep up with technology these days. Here I am a disabled, one eyed and retired 'Captain of Industry". sigh!!! lol lol lol Very cool set up ya got there, my brother!!!
    The cost of technology is getting out of control these days, isn't that the truth. Thanks again Merlin!

WTB:

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post

Yes that is. Not only is it one of my favorite books, but also one of my favorite non-king S/Ls. I would say a must have for any McCammon fan. Let me know if you are looking for one.
    I would most definitely be interested in owning one if I had the sort of money that they seem to be running.
    I can certainly see why a collector would want that on their shelf. I'm less interested in the collectible aspect of it and more interested in that phenomenal artwork on the sleeve.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post

I would most definitely be interested in owning one if I had the sort of money that they seem to be running.
    I can certainly see why a collector would want that on their shelf. I'm less interested in the collectible aspect of it and more interested in that phenomenal artwork on the sleeve.
    I'm in a very Random Act of Kindness zone. A very interesting thing happened today. I was with my wife and our youngest son for lunch today and then Ice Cream after. A nice little ma' and pa' ice cream shop in our area - homemade deliciousness. So, we were in line and placed our order and was getting ready to pay and we were told it was paid for by the person that was before us. I tried to see if I could find that person but he had already left. The gal at the counter and my wife and I agreed how nice and random that was. Pretty amazing really. It was not only surprising, but just so neat how something so simple had such a positive effect.

With that said, I would like to 'pay it forward' in hopes that in some way it will create the same positive energy for you and someone you come across tomorrow. It was nice to read, across a few threads, how much you had enjoyed Boy's Life and I agree, such great story by a great author. This was a really well done S/L edition and any McCammon fan, that has read and enjoyed Boy's Life such as you did I think would really enjoy this edition. I would like to send you an extra copy of mine. Please PM me with shipping address and I'll take care of it from there.

Pay it forward! :-)

WTB:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Classy, kind, and wonderful.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That is awesome. Very cool gesture

Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Classy, kind, and wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    That is awesome. Very cool gesture

Very kind of you guys to say that.

WTB:

I uh. I am without words right now.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great gesture. Good for you.

Country
    Country Flag

I uh. I am without words right now.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Great gesture. Good for you.
    Thanks for the kind note.

WTB:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast