Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 441 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 385 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched two movies this past weekend. Enjoyed both, but clearly my ratings are colored by my expectations prior to watching them.

Get Out -- really liked it, but not as much as some. Probably waited too long to see it for it to live up to expectations. Still, 8/10.

Green Room - I loved this little gem. I had no preconceived notions about this one, and that really paid off. 8.5/10.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Watched two movies this past weekend. Enjoyed both, but clearly my ratings are colored by my expectations prior to watching them.

Get Out -- really liked it, but not as much as some. Probably waited too long to see it for it to live up to expectations. Still, 8/10.

Green Room - I loved this little gem. I had no preconceived notions about this one, and that really paid off. 8.5/10.
    Both films I really enjoyed. It's a shame Anton Yelchin had to leave us so soon.

I forgot to mention I saw the new Pirates movie a few weeks back. This is going to sound really snobby, but all you need to know about mainstream audiences is that they applauded as the film credits rolled. The only thing I rolled was my eyes.

With that said, the film was actually watchable. Not worth applause, but I expected a turd and was actually surprised. It's easily the best Pirates film since the first. Granted, that's not hard to do.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Both films I really enjoyed. It's a shame Anton Yelchin had to leave us so soon.

I forgot to mention I saw the new Pirates movie a few weeks back. This is going to sound really snobby, but all you need to know about mainstream audiences is that they applauded as the film credits rolled. The only thing I rolled was my eyes.

With that said, the film was actually watchable. Not worth applause, but I expected a turd and was actually surprised. It's easily the best Pirates film since the first. Granted, that's not hard to do.
    I saw the new Pirates Film as well and I did like it. I was surprised by the critics' response but the only other pirate's film I've seen was the first one so I imagine I have not experienced the Pirate fatigue a lot of reviewer's have. There is a scene after the credits that suggests a sequel but I saw a commercial the other day that said it was the final film.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Has anyone seen The Uninvited Guest? What a weird movie. It starts off like a typical home invasion horror type film, but then switches into something completely different.
    No worth watching?
    Yes definitely. It was very different and creative.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It comes for you at night.
    Capsule review.

Tense, but even at 97 minutes occasionally tedious.
    Grim as can be. Ambiguous ending was a copout.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It comes for you.
    Capsule review.

Tense, but even at 97 minutes occasionally tedious.
    Grim as can be. Ambiguous ending was a copout.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS.
    I'm assuming you meant It Comes at Night. That's what I came here to report on. Honestly, I'm not surprised you forgot the name of the film already. It's kind of a forgettable film. When I first heard about It Comes at Night, I was really excited. I love what A24 is doing, they're easily one of the more exciting studios around. I'm also a big Joel Edgerton fan. I made sure to stay away from the trailers because Hollywood has a tendency to be very misleading with trailers for similar films.

Unfortunately, in this case, it was the actual title of the film that was the most misleading part of the film and really made me leave the theater somewhat disappointed. The other problem with the film is that as much as I love post apocalyptic stories, It Comes at Night feels a little late to the party. There's really nothing new or interesting added to a genre that has put out some pretty quality work across all mediums. Video games (The Last of Us), TV (The Walking Dead), Movies (The Road and countless others). The list goes on and on among all movies, TV shows and books released in the last 50 years. If you're going to do it, you better add something we've never seen before. Unfortunately, that didn't happen

To cap it off, the film features one of the more truly frustrating endings you will see in a film.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I corrected my post. I agree with your thoughts completely.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I corrected my post. I agree with your thoughts completely.
    It's funny because I've been telling my friends about the film for months and calling it They Come at Night. I even bought a ticket and asked for They Come at Night. It wasn't until the opening title popped up that I realized I've been messing the name up.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw "Rough Night" yesterday.

Rough movie. Unbelievably talented cast, yet jokes are few and far between. In fact only real male (the groom to be) stole the show. I wanted to laugh, I needed to laugh, but it's a constipated comedy.

2.5 beers on the RFSRS.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Saw Beauty and the Beast again today and I liked it even more the second go-round. I did notice something I'm having trouble reconciling...

Spoiler

I know it's small but sometimes things like that get stuck in my head. Still a fantastic movie.

(4/4)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Get Out" was pretty good!!! 4 out of 5 RF beers.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Saw Beauty and the Beast again today and I liked it even more the second go-round. I did notice something I'm having trouble reconciling...

Spoiler

I know it's small but sometimes things like that get stuck in my head. Still a fantastic movie.

(4/4)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoPnkYPWo0Q

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Spoiler

(4/4)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoPnkYPWo0Q
    Thanks for that. I haven't seen it in years so that was very helpful. I wish they could have fit a scene like that into the movie.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

47 Meters Down

Impossible to not feel tense watching this movie. Great setup with sisters who due to mechanical malfunction are stuck in a "Shark Cage" over 100 feet below the surface. Something about being underwater with your air supply running out makes a viewer tense. More so than an astronaut running out of air. Very few people have been an astronaut, but I'd guess that many have been underwater and for whatever reason felt panic. Add a shark or 3, and one can't help but be on the edge of their seat.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS. One beer added for the ending. Superior to the stultifying end of "It comes at Night".

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally took the family to see Wonder Woman. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Love the ending. Not your typical superhero ending. 9/10. My wife and daughters gave it a 10/10.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just returned from seeing Baby Driver. An interesting film to get used to tonally, but once you giver yourself over to it, it's lots of fun. Fine character acting from Spacey, Hamm, Foxx, Bernthall, Gonzalez, and Jones, but the film really belongs to Lily James and Ansel Elgort. 9/10.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

47 Meters Down

Impossible to not feel tense watching this movie. Great setup with sisters who due to mechanical malfunction are stuck in a "Shark Cage" over 100 feet below the surface. Something about being underwater with your air supply running out makes a viewer tense. More so than an astronaut running out of air. Very few people have been an astronaut, but I'd guess that many have been underwater and for whatever reason felt panic. Add a shark or 3, and one can't help but be on the edge of their seat.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS. One beer added for the ending. Superior to the stultifying end of "It comes at Night".
    Didn't enjoy this one as much as you. I thought last summer's The Shallows was much more fun. This one was all set-up and little payoff for me. The kids liked it much more than I. 6/10.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just returned from seeing Baby Driver. An interesting film to get used to tonally, but once you giver yourself over to it, it's lots of fun. Fine character acting from Spacey, Hamm, Foxx, Bernthall, Gonzalez, and Jones, but the film really belongs to Lily James and Ansel Elgort. 9/10.
    I was in as soon as I realized it was directed by Edgar Wright. It looks stylish and fun as hell, can't wait to see it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Summer Movie Round-Up (so far)

Mini Reviews for Baby Driver, Wonder Woman, Logan, Alien: Covenant and much more.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spider-Man.... 10/10. Perfect in every way.... that is how you have fun at the movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't go that far. Fun but nothing spectacular. Still a good 7.5 or 8.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Beatriz at Dinner. One could view this as the "Art-house" 1% making a movie about the bad 1% (everyone except for artistic movie producers/execs). Salma Hayek "uglies down" to play the common woman.
    John Lithgow Steals the show with his rapacious take on
    Spoiler:
    Donald Trump...perhaps.
    With an ending that wimps out-one could only imagine that execs caved in to pre-screening tests, or other pressures.
    Major ending spoiler

4/6 Beers on the RFSRS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Fun but nothing spectacular. Still a good 7.5 or 8.
    You clearly didn't love it as much as the rest of the world. That movie was a perfectly done comic adaptation. I loved it... he is the perfect Spider-Man too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I doubt I will bother with Spider-Man. I'm getting bored with all these reboots...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I doubt I will bother with Spider-Man. I'm getting bored with all these reboots...

Here, here!!! Same with "X-men". Continuity really sucks. They're just grabbing our dollars. While the MCU has a story line and continuity, IMHO.

I am aware this is a new attempt, but I'm gonna say I'm from, Missouri and SHOW ME!!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 441 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 385 ... LastLast