Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Love for Song

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

2. The gunfight at the store when Roland and Eddie first arrive in Maine.
    3. I love the scene when King first meets Roland and Eddie.
    These two are very high on my list in that book
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All of the scenes in Maine with Eddie and Roland are, for me, the best parts of this book. The Jake-Fadda scenes are next. I enjoyed them much more than the Mia-Susannah ones.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    All of the scenes in Maine with Eddie and Roland are, for me, the best parts of this book. The Jake-Fadda scenes are next. I enjoyed them much more than the Mia-Susannah ones.
    Is there anything more to the Susannah-Mia scenes being your least favorite than your dislike of the character? Or is that it? Personally, I especially loved the scenes where Mia and Susannah palaver on the Castle Discordia and she talks about the Forge of the King etc. I sometimes just go back and read those because they're so exciting and chilling to me.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

It's not that I dislike that character buddy, she's just my least favorite. So, with that in mind, it is natural for me to enjoy the Roland/Eddie parts (my two favorite characters) the most.
    I did like the information we learned from Mia and Susannah's conversation at the castle but their parts didn't seem as exciting and as important to the overal mythos of the saga, at least compared to what Roland and Eddie were doing. During their adventure in Main over the span of DT6 and 7, I really felt like we were getting closer and closer to the end...a wrap-up. The pieces were coming together for their eventual "victory."

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Okay, I thought you disliked her character..shes most Tower junkie's least favorite character afterall. Anyway, I guess learning about the details of the Prim and Walter's enlistment of Mia and the setting up of the Arc station in Fedic for the children wasn't as important to the mythos of the saga as what Roland and Eddie, and Jake and Donald were up to? I thought in its own way it was equally important.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Country
    Country Flag

Nah, not for me. "Saving the rose" was talked about for most of the series, since DT3. Mordred wasn't really anything important til DT6. They were interesting facts that you mentioned but not of the same importance, imo.
    Just my two cents.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    2. The gunfight at the store when Roland and Eddie first arrive in Maine.
    3. I love the scene when King first meets Roland and Eddie.
    These two are very high on my list in that book
    Mine too

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I loved Song Of Susannah and I thought it was beautifully written. I have loved all of these books and could never rank them in any kind of order, but I have to say that DT5 and DT6 were the ones I had the hardest time leaving. I was reading every second of every available minute I could.
    A lady after my own heart. Song of Susannah was such a pulse pounding read with so much covered in it in such a short of time with an amazing cliff hanger ending..imagine having to wait six more years after THAT ending??

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I can honestly say that it was the quickest read for me, not because it was short, but because I couldn't put it down. I had to reread it just so I could say it took me more than a week to finish it

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    I can honestly say that it was the quickest read for me, not because it was short, but because I couldn't put it down. I had to reread it just so I could say it took me more than a week to finish it
    Great problem to have! What a lot of folk complain about in regards to this book is one of the things I love about it, that being it centering so much on Susannah. Everything that she goes through with her visions within her Dogan and palavers with Mia on Castle Discordia were just awesome.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

King went back and did a more indepth explaination of what he first introduced in The Drawing of Three. He is damn good at the, inside your mind thing

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    What a lot of folk complain about in regards to this book is one of the things I love about it, that being it centering so much on Susannah. Everything that she goes through with her visions within her Dogan and palavers with Mia on Castle Discordia were just awesome.
    I know for some it may be difficult to follow when King does this "inside the mind" thing [similar to Dreamcatcher] but I think it is one of the best tools of character development he employs in his writing. I loved S.O.S. specifically because of all the Dogan stuff. Susannah's character took on such a greater depth after this book that come DT-7 I found myself looking at her in a whole new light.

Of all of the books, this and Drawing of the Three that I find the hardest to put down once I start reading.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I also enjoyed Song immensely. I love Suze as a character, infact no-one's really described exactly why Susannah bugs them.

Is anyone a big fan of the scenes where Mia is telling her story of her background and how Walter found her and the forces of the Red moving into the dogan in Fedic? These were some of my favorite moments, getting all this background.

Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone a big fan of the scenes where Mia is telling her story of her background and how Walter found her and the forces of the Red moving into the dogan in Fedic? These were some of my favorite moments, getting all this background.
    I am just coming to this part again on my commutes.
    I do prefer the Eddie-Roland adventures myself though.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, not really. Everything connected with the mythology almost always works for me as efficient soporific. There were some emotional moments I liked (for example, about that pink baby and its parents), but it's my least favorite part of book 6.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I also enjoyed Song immensely. I love Suze as a character, infact no-one's really described exactly why Susannah bugs them.

Thats because you rock, woman!

So you must have really loved the scene where Susannah meets the guitarist on the street and Mia gets to experience all her memories of her love for her Mother.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. It might mean I'm sentimental, maudlin and all that, but I loved that part.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres nothing at all wrong with sentimentality...I would describe myself as sentimental. I think if you're not you're missing some of the power of moments like that in Song of Susannah and in the rest of the Dark Tower series.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Without sentiment we'd just be Andy Messenger Robot [or at best, Nigel]

One of my favorite scenes in this book was when Callahan and Jake were almost overcome by Black 13. I love what Black 13 was whispering to Callahan to do to Jake, cut his throat and bathe Black 13 in Jakes blood and then have Callahan jump out the window to his death while screaming the name of the Crimson King all the way down. Man, if thats not pure poetry and feeling I don't know what is!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the part when Jake gets pissed off the (cab?) driver who almost hit Oy... at that moment I realised first time what a gunslinger Jake had become.

Roland would have understood.

Great part, I really loved the crazy preacher and how he told the cop giving him a ticket to go screw..in a Biblical, Christian manner of course.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast