Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: DT.Net remembrances, gossip, dirt and flaming. Warning-NSFW May have bouncing boobs

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I didn't have much issues over there as I was a new collector at the time. I participated briefly but not as much as the general group.

However, close to the ending of the site, a prominent member ( he might have been a mod as well, if I remembered right), commented in the line of his feelings that the site may as well shut down as the 'quality' of the collectors in that forum were not 'up to par' as it used to be. I took personal offence in that being a fairly new member at the time. I can't believe someone would ever say something like that!. What a creep!.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow....quite the trip down memory lane.

And on another note....Can't....look....away....from....bouncing. ...boobs.

Remember the giveaways? All the touchy-feely members giving away items like Robin Hood? Commie bastards.

And all the god-damn hugging. I was so damn tired of the "huggles" and all the other bullshit.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Remember the giveaways? All the touchy-feely members giving away items like Robin Hood? Commie bastards.

And all the god-damn hugging. I was so damn tired of the "huggles" and all the other bullshit.
    There was a lot of shit that went on back in the day and there were more than a few in charge that did not like "collectors" but don't be baggin on the giveaways I have a Whelan painting (non Dark Tower) I got from Mike the starter of the giveaways (and I gave away some nice goodies myself).

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Do you guys remembered 'yellowviper'?. Wondered whatever happened to him...he was a big seller of King item as well back in the days. Great guy and top notch seller.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My earliest member of Randall Flagg is all the bouncing boob gifs.

Kenny was a great mod, so was Airtraffic.

It was certain non-forum mods that dog-piled on things like a respectful, but determined debate between Kenny and Rick. At least that's how I recall it.

EDIT: I never knew Road Virus, he was before my time, but his reputation was pretty negative.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

You guys are making me wish I would have ventured up out of the depths of AE more.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Do you guys remembered 'yellowviper'?. Wondered whatever happened to him...he was a big seller of King item as well back in the days. Great guy and top notch seller.
    He is yellowviper01viper on ebay.

No activity for a while.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike started those giveaways. I wasn't a recipient of any of his, but I have to say, they were pretty cool.

Even after you got banned, Rick, I kept your awesome quote in my signature block.

Brice, along with Jean, were and still are the kings of huggles. That's why all the hot internet chicks love them.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    He is yellowviper01viper on ebay.

No activity for a while.
    Nope...he seems to have dropped out completely.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I'm loving this thread, it's been a long time......remember the infamous dick shot? lol.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

That's what I like most about you guys. Come back after 24 hours and sometimes there's a whole new world. Thanx for the credit of starting this thread. I too remember a few knuckleheads back then with a lot of hostility. With regards to the DT set I sold. On top of the crap that was posted on the site, I received some nasty e-mails from a few of the above named. I had upgraded the Slipcase on the Gunslinger and was pretty hammered on how I made 10K for that simple change. I never got a second one though after I responded with "Yeah, Pretty cool Huh? Oh, and it was 10.5"... I was asked to leave soon after that. Looks like I was in good company.
    I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was but a fly on the wall at the old site! Was ever so glad to jump ship when Matt started this site up! Now I'm only a fly on the wall occassionally! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Greg, seriously? This makes me somewhat glad that I never was a DT.net member. I'm generally a pretty easygoing fellow but I have had my share of 'fights' over the Internet on a couple of other fora (not related to King or book collecting in general) - I have a short fuse when I feel I'm not treated with respect and a VERY short fuse when I'm not given the opportunity to explain myself properly.

Anyway, I've never felt that TDT.com/.org is too sugary (as Bob put it). It's just the way it is and I enjoy it very much (although idiots trying to sell us copies of The Star Invaders are always a welcome diversion). Maybe we're simply a group of exceptionally mature individuals who don't need to engage in pissing contests to reaffirm our moral superiority?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Anyway, I've never felt that TDT.com/.org is too sugary (as Bob put it). It's just the way it is and I enjoy it very much (although idiots trying to sell us copies of The Star Invaders are always a welcome diversion). Maybe we're simply a group of exceptionally mature individuals who don't need to engage in pissing contests to reaffirm our moral superiority?
    Yes, that's it. I probably misspoke. The old usenet group alt.books.stephen_king wasn't subdivided into categories or threads. It was just one continuous dialogue that encompassed all topics related to Stephen King. Most of the venom and flaming probably occurred with topics other than collecting. Since I hardly ever venture from Calvin's Corner I am not aware of other topics of discussion on this site where there is more potential for contention.

I do remember one guy on alt.books.stephen_king named Michael who lived (or was stationed) in Korea. He claimed for months that Cycle of the Werewolf was originally a novella in DIFFERENT SEASONS and (supposedly) had the book to prove it. I'm sure he was baiting me but I really took it hook, line and sinker and debated the guy for a long time. I should have dropped it long before I did.

And then there was one guy named Robert who insisted that he could tell who wrote which parts in THE TALISMAN, despite Straub and King claiming that even they had forgotten and, since they imitated each others style, it was impossible to know. Peter Straub used to read the newsgroup from time to time and even he was baited into joining the discussion.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I'm mad because I spent $20 to be a sponsored member or whatever you want to call it, and I only got to enjoy it for like a month and a half before the site closed.

But I can't be too mad about .net. I've found some of the most beautiful people in my life there. Where would I be without them, now?

And that's not sugary, you commie bastards! That's the damn truth!

J/k about the commie bastards part... sounded funny at the time... but it is the truth. I don't know where I would be without people like Jon, Letti, Jean, Linda, John Blaze, (to name a few) etc.,. who have always been there for me.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I'm loving this thread, it's been a long time......remember the infamous dick shot? lol.
    Yes!

Man, I miss .net sometimes.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Now I'm all nostalgic and junk.
    The South Thread is where I hung out for the most part. The Palaverites scared me.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I was everywhere... I feel a little intimidated and like a lesser Sai King fan by the dedication of some of the collectors out there on this site... not that I don't appreciate the collections... but I feel less worthy in that respect.

I started my parodies there on .net! *sighs*

And the Hasselhoff thread was GLORIOUS! Letti would agree.

My home is where my friends are though, and this home is what we make of it and it is amazing.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lest anyone forget that the internet never forgets: discussion on "Cycle of the Werewolf".

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The old usenet group alt.books.stephen_king wasn't subdivided into categories or threads. It was just one continuous dialogue that encompassed all topics related to Stephen King. Most of the venom and flaming probably occurred with topics other than collecting. Since I hardly ever venture from Calvin's Corner I am not aware of other topics of discussion on this site where there is more potential for contention.
    I'm pretty sure there's some healthy discussion going on right now about the death of Osama Bin laden in which Terry is involved (not in Osama's death but in the discussion). But most collectors don't leave The Corner very often and we seem to be a pretty peaceful, if somewhat isolated, subpopulation of the forum.

Maybe we could go look in the other subforums, wreak some havoc and piss off some of the non-collectors on the forum? Should be fun...

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

(by the way, it drives me crazy that this forum uses the same color font, and doesn't underline, links.)

My Mood
    Worried

I collect rhinoceros figurines.. that's enough of a challenge for me. I generally find one a year to add to it and I've been doing it for 9 years... I lost a few in leaving my husband, because he "can't find them" but that's okay... I've got the most important ones.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Lest anyone forget that the internet never forgets: discussion on "Cycle of the Werewolf".
    Hey, thanks for digging that up! And you can underline the links yourself, it's a mediocre solution but it works.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The old usenet group alt.books.stephen_king wasn't subdivided into categories or threads. It was just one continuous dialogue that encompassed all topics related to Stephen King. Most of the venom and flaming probably occurred with topics other than collecting. Since I hardly ever venture from Calvin's Corner I am not aware of other topics of discussion on this site where there is more potential for contention.
    I'm pretty sure there's some healthy discussion going on right now about the death of Osama Bin laden in which Terry is involved (not in Osama's death but in the discussion). But most collectors don't leave The Corner very often and we seem to be a pretty peaceful, if somewhat isolated, subpopulation of the forum.

Maybe we could go look in the other subforums, wreak some havoc and piss off some of the non-collectors on the forum? Should be fun...
    I think you guys should! It is easier for ya'll to infiltrate the masses than for some of us dust jacket throwing away people to pretend to be a collecter.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    (by the way, it drives me crazy that this forum uses the same color font, and doesn't underline, links.)
    I am still trying to fix that. It sucks, but a workaround is to click on Underline after you insert the hyperlink.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast