Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 192 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Fitting that two big boxes should be arriving today from David
    Nice. Can't wait to see what they are.
    Nothing too exciting. A dozen+ 1st/1st that I'm currently missing from my collection.
    Congrats Brian! And yes it is exciting
    Thanks, Lori! I was thinking while I was opening the boxes that there are more King titles in here than most authors will ever write in their lifetimes. And after filling up almost two bookcases, realizing how much stuff I'm still missing!
    Are you missing any of the newer titles? 1/2 price books has tons of King. Going there on the 11th. Send me a list. But not the expensive ones!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Are you missing any of the newer titles? 1/2 price books has tons of King. Going there on the 11th. Send me a list. But not the expensive ones!
    I have most if not all of the newest titles, Glenn. I'll do a sweep and let ya know. Still missing quite a few of the UK copies but I doubt 1/2 price will have any of those. Thanks for the offer!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    I have most if not all of the newest titles, Glenn. I'll do a sweep and let ya know. Still missing quite a few of the UK copies but I doubt 1/2 price will have any of those. Thanks for the offer!
    Your inbox is full, Glenn.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

This message is on the Camelot home page and I can't help but wonder if some of the changes have to do with what happened to David:

Due to the ever increasing “porch pirate” problems, and the fact that we are now heading into the Holiday shipping frenzy, we are going to institute a change in our shipping policy to protect our customers.

Effective 11/1/18, any shipment within the United States, will contain a Signature Requirement on the package and media mail shipping will be increase from $7.00 to $10.00 for the first book (there is no change to the $1.50 additional per book in the same box cost). Please realize that we have not increased our shipping costs in the 22 years we have been in business, but feel that this is needed to protect customer’s books.

The only shipments within the United States that will NOT have a Signature Confirmation attached to them will be those shipping to a Post Office Box address.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

It sure sounds that way to me Brian.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Customer Gunslinger S/L Update:

Bottom line: Found out today that VISA sided with its customer and I'm still out $7500. Just unreal!...Quickly for those of you who don't know, I sold a consigned Gunslinger S/L marked "Special" (the only one I've ever seen in 30 years) to a repeat customer of mine in Virginia in June. I gave him free shipping, even sent book Express and sent him tracking number the day I shipped (so a day before it was to be delivered). In late August, I get notice from Intuit (my Quickbooks CC processing company/accounting provider) that he challenged my $7500 VISA charge...protocol dictates that they take $7500 from my Betts checking to make the guy "whole" and it is up to me to prove my innocence. I file 23 pages of data with Intuit to support that I did everything correct and even have a statement from USPS that shows package delivered. Intuit forwards my supporting docs to VISA. I call customer to say I'm out $7500 and he says sorry, I (me) did nothing wrong and he thinks Post Office should be responsible as package was "stolen" from his porch. I ask him to reverse the claim. He says he will talk to VISA.....I call Intuit a couple weeks later and they tell me VISA has 60 days to respond....well that means October 29th.

So I call Intuit today....they put me on hold to speak to VISA and come back to tell me that VISA sided with customer and that the case is now closed. I'm pretty furious (and for those of you who know me, my "fuse" is a mile long, so to piss me off takes some doing). I call Intuit again demanding to speak to a case manager. She tells me that I'd never win anyway despite all my "evidence" because I did not do signature confirmation....for those of you who print/ship their own labels, USPS.com does NOT give you option on Express for signature...I have figured out now afterward that you must first choose Priority Mail, choose Signature Confirmation and them change shipping to Express which will keep the Sig Conf behind the scenes (again, found this out the hard way)...So Intuit tells me today that I should call the customer myself (well, I've done that twice to no avail).

I investigated quickly small claims court in VA but limit is $5,000. A customer and friend from VA told me today that I'd have trouble in the VA court system anyway because no signature was required (even though I did everything customer asked AND gave him free shipping AND I have Delivery Confirmation from post office). Best advice so far is to file a police report with local police.

I'm still out $7500 which for me is a HUGE amount of money to be lost. I have consignees to pay etc. I'm looking for advice on how to proceed. I'm not one for charity but I've thought bout starting a "Go Fund Me" for my situation. I'm not saying this "loss" would put me out of business but it is a severe hurt for Betts. What are my options?

***Just a note to ALL of you....I am humbled by your caring and generosity. THANK YOU from my whole heart.

The outreach has been so warm, it goes WAY beyond simply saying thank you back to you all. But truly, thank you.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Dave, you are a treasure to this forum and the King collector. I said it before and I will say it again. I would NOT have the collection I have without you. Your willingness to guide me away from stuff as well as too stuff has been invaluable. That really sucks that they sided with Visa. I guess that means that you will require signatures now? I will stop here before I say something that gets me banned. I will say that I am not quite done yet. We shall see what happens and what else I can get.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will now require Signature Confirmation on packages more than $1000. I will not "announce" that on my site, but just something I will do.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Cool

No problem here with that.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree with both of Mike's above statements.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I will now require Signature Confirmation on packages more than $1000. I will not "announce" that on my site, but just something I will do.
    I would personally think that this should be the norm for anything over 500... or even 200
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I sent a modest contribution to the Godfundme campaign. Very good initiative Jerome!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

USPS misdelivered an $8 book and I was tracking it down the day after I realized it was left at the wrong place. This whole things stinks.

Added my 2 bits to the Go Fund Me!

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Considering it is the holiday season and porch pirates will be stepping up their game, I would suggest a lower threshold until after the new year.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Anybody need a signed limited Joe Hill Little Silver Book Sharp Shiny Slivers #445. $150 all proceeds will be donated to Betts Books for his Go Fund me campaign.

PM me! Thanks! Glen

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the guy's address?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I see Shannon is taking a more proactive approach.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else get the "Account Has Been Suspended" message for Betts?

Traveler palooka will become famous soon enough palooka will become famous soon enough

I'm getting an "account suspended" holding page when I go to Betts website?

Traveler palooka will become famous soon enough palooka will become famous soon enough

Beat me to it.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

not me, fixed now perhaps?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by palooka View Post
    I'm getting an "account suspended" holding page when I go to Betts website?
    The website works perfectly for me

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Website still "suspended" for me...

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    Website still "suspended" for me...
    Me too

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Working for me. Maybe try clearing browser cache?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 192 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 ... LastLast