Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 645 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really interesting to read everyone's picks, There are many that I would entirely agree with and love to see Suntup produce.

I picked:
    Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
    The Magicians - Lev Grossman
    Myst: The Book of Atrus - Rand and Robin Miller

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My three picks:

1) Under the Skin - Michel Faber
    2) The Man Who Fell to Earth - Walter Trevis
    3) The Wolfen - Whitley Strieber

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I wanted to nominate Song of Kali by Dan Simmons, but it was done in a lettered by Earthling Press (only ~14-16 copies) that was perfectly executed. Even Paul would have a challenge surpassing the production quality of that book.
    Yes, this! I am changing one of my Suntup wishlist pics to Song of Kali. Especially because of the fact that only 15 people have a worthy edition of it (no offense to Paul Miller on the fine numbered edition he did). In keeping with my personal mantra of "Beautiful books for all!"- the world needs more options of a killer edition of an absolutely essential novel.

For the record, then:

1. Red Dragon
    2. Song of Kali
    3. On Stranger Tides

('Kali bumped Silence of the Lambs. I know Subterranean did it- and did it well- but Harris only signed the crazy-expensive lettered. If Paul could get him to sign a Suntup numbered- I think it would justify another limited. Especially if published in tandem with Red Dragon)
    Good point about SOK. It really is a giant in the horror world, and a fantastic read. Creating 26 lettered in the expected Suntup magnificence would be wonderful and in no way take away from the Earthling production.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I think right now, the only cover that I am looking for is the original US stand hardcover. So I may quit soon, especially since my case is getting stuffed.
    Looks like you’re out of luck...

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    The most upsetting for me was The Stand. It took forever to even find Cayea, and when I did, he did not want to license it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

I'd like to see some classic SF:
    Dune
    Canticle for Leibowitz
    More than Human
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I picked 2 James Herbert titles. But he’s deceased and not hugely popular (as far as I know).

Still... I can dream.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The survey was a lot of fun! I had a hard time choosing my books because I really only collect King but I picked:

Black Mad Wheel- Josh Malerman

Mister B. Gone- Clive Barker

The Exorcist- William Peter Blatty

Nothing earth shattering but I would step away from King mode for any of these.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    The survey was a lot of fun! I had a hard time choosing my books because I really only collect King but I picked:

Happy to see some Malerman love. I have Black Mad Wheel but I haven't read it yet. I heard that someone is turning it into a movie.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Dan Simmons-Summer Of Night (Done right with Banished Dreams & Watching The Presidential Debates in Elm Haven included)/ A Winter Haunting two volume set.
    Richard Adams-Watership Down
    H.G. Bissinger- Friday Night Lights

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Happy to see some Malerman love. I have Black Mad Wheel but I haven't read it yet. I heard that someone is turning it into a movie.
    I just bought a copy of the Earthling edition of Goblin, partly because of your unboxing/review videos. I have never read any Malerman, but I have very high expectations...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post

Is black mad wheel good? I never read it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to tease everyone, here is the Earthling 1/15 Song of Kali. Paul doesn't need to "top it", but I'm sure he could do his own version that would be mind blowing (and 26 instead of 15)

Oh, and just for the hell of it, an image of Daniel (Chaingang) Bunkowski, star of Slob:

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I just bought a copy of the Earthling edition of Goblin, partly because of your unboxing/review videos. I have never read any Malerman, but I have very high expectations...
    Shit. This could go one of two ways . . .

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Expect some upgrades on the Rosemary's Baby Numbered, book and slipcase. I think you're going to like it. Also upgraded cloth on the AGE. We're in the home stretch with with this one.

Country
    Country Flag

Expect some upgrades on the Rosemary's Baby Numbered, book and slipcase. I think you're going to like it. Also upgraded cloth on the AGE. We're in the home stretch with with this one.
    Seriously fantastic news. Brings me back to one of my responses in the survey: you can’t improve on perfection. You’re doing everything exactly right.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

How do you say awesome... Oh that's right FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for Rosemary's Baby!
    Meanwhile...

My Alternative List:
    Hannibal by Thomas Harris
    The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles
    Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I for sure did not anticipate that the prints would continue for as long as they have when I first launched the series, but it would be a shame to end it prematurely. As more and more cover prints came on board, I began to realize how unlikely it is that there will ever be another opportunity to have a set of prints of every major King cover, signed by the artist. And that lead me to conclude what a unique series this is, when viewed not necessarily on an individual print level, but as a whole. To date, there are 37 prints that have been released and even if subscribers dropped off, I would still see this through. I want to be able to look back and feel confident that I made it as complete as possible.

There are some which I felt wouldn't make sense to do a print of, and there are also others which I was simply not able to license. The most upsetting for me was The Stand. It took forever to even find Cayea, and when I did, he did not want to license it. This may come across as biased, but really, any artist who chooses not to be a part of this series is missing out on a unique opportunity considering the scope of the collection. But you have to respect the artist's decision. I think it's a matter of them not seeing the bigger vision of it.

It's no small feat putting one of these out every month without skipping a beat, but I really feel that it is absolutely worth the effort.
    All this is why I have all 37 and why I stay in.

Paul, any estimate of how many more you might produce in this series?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I would like Suntup Editions productions of:
    Oryx and Crake,
    anything written by Kurt Vonnegut,
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I picked:

1. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl (please don't laugh at me)
    2. Jaws by Peter Benchley
    3. Hell House by Richard Matheson

The end papers for Charlie will be lickable wall paper.

Mulleins
    Happy to see I wasn’t the only one who voted for Wonka! I love your endpapers idea, Ralph. This was my clear favorite book of my childhood. I read everything I got my hands on and the only ones to come anywhere close were its sequel (Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator) and James and the Giant Peach. I would be in heaven if Suntup produced a set of those three Dahl books.

And also the Oz books, but I would want the original art.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I for sure did not anticipate that the prints would continue for as long as they have when I first launched the series, but it would be a shame to end it prematurely. As more and more cover prints came on board, I began to realize how unlikely it is that there will ever be another opportunity to have a set of prints of every major King cover, signed by the artist. And that lead me to conclude what a unique series this is, when viewed not necessarily on an individual print level, but as a whole. To date, there are 37 prints that have been released and even if subscribers dropped off, I would still see this through. I want to be able to look back and feel confident that I made it as complete as possible.

There are some which I felt wouldn't make sense to do a print of, and there are also others which I was simply not able to license. The most upsetting for me was The Stand. It took forever to even find Cayea, and when I did, he did not want to license it. This may come across as biased, but really, any artist who chooses not to be a part of this series is missing out on a unique opportunity considering the scope of the collection. But you have to respect the artist's decision. I think it's a matter of them not seeing the bigger vision of it.

It's no small feat putting one of these out every month without skipping a beat, but I really feel that it is absolutely worth the effort.
    All this is why I have all 37 and why I stay in.

Paul, any estimate of how many more you might produce in this series?
    Right now I have about 12 months of unreleased prints on hand.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Just to tease everyone, here is the Earthling 1/15 Song of Kali. Paul doesn't need to "top it", but I'm sure he could do his own version that would be mind blowing (and 26 instead of 15)

Oh, and just for the hell of it, an image of Daniel (Chaingang) Bunkowski, star of Slob:

Beautiful. Paul Miller rolls slow with those lettereds but they are always gorgeous. I'm on waiting lists for a couple of them.

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Black Miau View Post
    The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles

Twinsies!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    I picked:

1) The Bosch series by Michael Connelly
    2) The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles
    3) Calvin & Hobbes by Bill Watterson (because I'd love to see what Suntup could do with that)
    I also nominated Calvin & Hobbes during a similar Suntup survey a while back. As far as comics go, I think Calvin & Hobbes would be much deserving of a Suntup homage. It's an awesomely written and beautifully illustrated comic that is beloved by millions, but also Bill Watterson and his whole approach to the series had a kind of 'classy feel' to it that I think would mesh well with the Suntup vibe (if anyone is interested, there's a good synopsis of it here: http://www.thelegalartist.com/blog/o...vin-and-hobbes). And if Bill Watterson put his signature to a Suntup signed limited edition of 'The Complete Calvin & Hobbes,' it would get a lot of attention, and be quite valuable. People pay handsomely for anything that Watterson put his signature on because there's so little of it out there.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I picked:

3) Calvin & Hobbes by Bill Watterson (because I'd love to see what Suntup could do with that)
    I also nominated Calvin & Hobbes during a similar Suntup survey a while back. As far as comics go, I think Calvin & Hobbes would be much deserving of a Suntup homage. It's an awesomely written and beautifully illustrated comic that is beloved by millions, but also Bill Watterson and his whole approach to the series had a kind of 'classy feel' to it that I think would mesh well with the Suntup vibe (if anyone is interested, there's a good synopsis of it here: http://www.thelegalartist.com/blog/o...vin-and-hobbes). And if Bill Watterson put his signature to a Suntup signed limited edition of 'The Complete Calvin & Hobbes,' it would get a lot of attention, and be quite valuable. People pay handsomely for anything that Watterson put his signature on because there's so little of it out there.
    Calvin and Hobbes is so much more than just a comic. The series was so far over and above everything else in its genre, it's incredible. It completely changed the comic world. It's like Breaking Bad (times a million) compared to a Lorenzo Lamas TV series.

I do think Suntup Editions and Watterson would do well together, because it's about a love for the story and the work, not a money grab.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I picked:

I have a three volume hardcover set of the complete Calvin and Hobbes. That strip was genius and I think you and BadHatHarry are spot on. A Suntup edition would be amazeballs as the kids used to say in 2015. I'd also lose my shit over a Far Side Suntup edition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 645 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 363 ... LastLast