Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 151 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved season 3 of Fear The Walking dead, start to finish. It was better than S7 of TWD, which I liked too. I'd put S3 of Fear up with Seasons 2, 4, 5 of TWD as the best of the franchise.

I'm excited for tonight. All Out War is something they CANNOT fuck up. They just can't. But there is a WWE PPV tonight (there always is on premiere/finale nights for TWD) so I won't be watching this until a few hours after it's aired.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    This will be my final Walking Dead game. I've put way too much time in Clementine's adventure to not see this through.
    I still have to play Season 3. Season 2 was incredible.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok so let me get this straight; after Rick gives a lengthy speech on how Negan - and only Negan - needs to die for this war to be over, they proceed to concoct a plan which kills the maximum amount of people possible?

Not only that, approximately FIFTY guns have Negan in their sights after he willy nilly puts himself in the line of fire for about FIVE MINUTES, but not a single one of them thinks to pop off a shot that could permanently end the war? And oh shit, when they finally do decide to open fire of course it's with Harry Dunn level accuracy, despite the fact that they have scoped-out automatic weapons.

I gave up on the writing a long time ago and decided to just enjoy this for the visceral thrills, but the show can't even get that right sometimes.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, yeah, it's a TV show. They can't just kill off their villain like that. It was all right out the comics. Negan could have been up in a window or something, yelling at Rick like Phil Leotardo, but that would just be weird. Only person who shot at Negan was Rick and he didn't have a scoped out weapon...he's an iron sights man! lol. The attack is nothing but a diversion anyways.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked it... not sure what the Rick and the beard thing is though... future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok so let me get this straight; after Rick gives a lengthy speech on how Negan - and only Negan - needs to die for this war to be over, they proceed to concoct a plan which kills the maximum amount of people possible?

Not only that, approximately FIFTY guns have Negan in their sights after he willy nilly puts himself in the line of fire for about FIVE MINUTES, but not a single one of them thinks to pop off a shot that could permanently end the war? And oh shit, when they finally do decide to open fire of course it's with Harry Dunn level accuracy, despite the fact that they have scoped-out automatic weapons.

I gave up on the writing a long time ago and decided to just enjoy this for the visceral thrills, but the show can't even get that right sometimes.

I was thinking the exact same thing!!!! Still it was kinda fun TV! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it appeared to be a flash-forward of sorts. Don't remember TWD ever applying this technique so it was certainly interesting.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

THANK YOU! I knew I wouldn't be the only person to be screaming at the TV during this whole deal. We have Negan and his top guys in our sites, but we are going to give them a chance to live. Meanwhile, we are systematically taking out their foot soldiers John Wick style. I guess they don't deserve the same benevolence.

Then, they decide to shoot the shit out of some glass, wasting bullets that should be treated like gold. At some point the characters started making stupid choices, and that's what drives me crazy. I hit reply after reading Feev's post, so I'm sure there will be people (*coughMattcough*) defending this nonsense.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Well, yeah, it's a TV show. They can't just kill off their villain like that. It was all right out the comics. Negan could have been up in a window or something, yelling at Rick like Phil Leotardo, but that would just be weird. Only person who shot at Negan was Rick and he didn't have a scoped out weapon...he's an iron sights man! lol. The attack is nothing but a diversion anyways.
    I rest my case.

I agree, but you must come up with a better way to have that scene play out or you just look like fucking idiots. Kill the mother fucker! He's right there. I can think of 13 different ways that could have played out better and it would have been much better.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A case of it working better in the comics than on screen. An easy fix would have been shooter appearing in the windows, then it makes strategic sense to neutralize the shooters. For all we know we'll find out Dwight told them there would be shooters up there. Negan did say Ricks people were going to die, so I think Negan had that strategy, distraction, in mind.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we are supposed to be under the premise that all are "Negan" and the windows being targeted along with the hoard are all ways to turn people away from being "Negan". Dwight mentioned this and they have on multiple occasions tried to drive home the point that Ricks group doesn't have the numbers to win this.

A case of it working better in the comics than on screen. An easy fix would have been shooter appearing in the windows, then it makes strategic sense to neutralize the shooters. For all we know we'll find out Dwight told them there would be shooters up there. Negan did say Ricks people were going to die, so I think Negan had that strategy, distraction, in mind.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Random comment...They could have done much better in making Rick look older. The bad crew cut, cane, and speech were all not done very well.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lincoln really reminded me of Viggo Mortensen with that look.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One quick observation on the ‘future’ Rick. He was the only one that was older. That threw me the most, we are talking what 20 plus years at least. So, either another muck up or something else going on?

Agreed on the weird waste of bullets and not shooting Negan within 3seconds of seeing him.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Kirkman isn't specific with how far ahead the story moves after the time skip that follows this season, but it's estimated to be about 3 years. In the credits for the episode she's apparently 6, and Judith is about 15 months, so it seems the TV show's skip will be about 4-5 years.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I rewatched the season premiere before episode two and it's clear that Rick and crew were shooting out the windows to rain glass on Negan and his crew in order to have them take cover inside the building. They would then be trapped inside with the hoard of walkers blocking them in. I still think it's dumb. Just kill the bitches.

Now, on to the second episode. I'm really getting confused at the logistics here. Some timelines are picking up right where other ones left off and others aren't. I don't have a good feel for where all the groups are located. I also wish we could have had an episode of planning/strategy because some of this isn't making sense.

Some Saviors are getting brutally murdered, while others are being spared. Aaron and his crew show up in their A-Team inspired vehicles. Cool. They proceed to have an endless shootout with the world's largest supply of bullets all to just distract them while Rick and crew sneak in and steal some guns. Why not just murder all the mother fuckers and take their guns? Also, they build these awesome cars outfitted with massive slabs of metal and decide not to take cover behind them half of the time.

The reveal of Rick with the baby is laughable. What? It's now dawning on you that some of these guys might have kids? Really? Is this some kind of Cowboys and Indians film from the 50's where the Cowboys realize the Indians aren't mindless savages after all. Get out of here with that shit. Conveniently placed mirror by the way.

Lastly, (maybe) is another cringeworthy attempt at being artsy. The slow motion extreme closeups at the end was laughable. Overall, the show continues to make odd choices and throw logic completely out the window. It's not bad. It's just plain sloppy.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think the reveal with the baby was so much 'these guys have kids too', but in Rick seeing himself in the enemy. Wasn't so much humanizing the enemy, but pointing out that Rick could just as easily be the other guy, fighting to the death to protect his child. He did bite out someone's throat at one point to protect his kid and brutally murder someone else. Rick look at himself in the mirror with hatred. That scene wasn't about The Saviors not being savages, but about Rick being a savage himself.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with you... Rick looked at himself as the enemy there. I didn't mind that at all. I really liked them bringing back a character from the second season though. Brilliant. I do think they need to take a minute and get the writers to be more coherent. I had no idea who was where half the time... no audience should be that confused.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think the reveal with the baby was so much 'these guys have kids too', but in Rick seeing himself in the enemy. Wasn't so much humanizing the enemy, but pointing out that Rick could just as easily be the other guy, fighting to the death to protect his child. He did bite out someone's throat at one point to protect his kid and brutally murder someone else. Rick look at himself in the mirror with hatred. That scene wasn't about The Saviors not being savages, but about Rick being a savage himself.
    He's already made that realization numerous times. So that scene is even worse now. Now the scene is just plain redundant.

Rick has brutally murdered many times in the past. He's done it to protect his kids and his friends. He knows this of himself already.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    He's already made that realization numerous times. So that scene is even worse now. Now the scene is just plain redundant.

Rick has brutally murdered many times in the past. He's done it to protect his kids and his friends. He knows this of himself already.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So they bring Morales back from Season One just to kill him after seven minutes of screen time?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, thanks to everyone complaining about bottle episodes, these episodes are edited to all kinds of shit, with tons of battle scenes lacking tension because we don't stay with anyone for long enough. Ezekiel's group began their attack at the end of episode 1 and going into episode 4 they still haven't won or lost. In comparison, the assault with Aaron/Rick/Daryl took two episodes, and the Jesus/Morgan assault not only took only one episode, they also took dozens of prisoners in a chain-gang across a zombie apocalypse in the next episode. And because they're now listening to fans who hated bottle episodes and cried they didn't see certain characters for a few weeks, have to deal with shitty editing like Jesus vs Morgan leads into a commercial, and then we get two or three scenes, and then it goes back to Jesus vs. Morgan. No tension. No continuity. It's totally spastic. I like a lot of the content this season, but the storytelling is erratic and haphazard and it could be so much more focused and tight. This is why I told people who complained about one episode taking place in this community, and the next taking place in another, that it was the best way to tell their stories....because now they're all blended and erratic and there is so much going on each episode it's not near as satisfying as it could be. Imagine how much better the whole assault with Ezekiel/Carol would be as one episode, where we're constantly in the moment with them? Instead they've basically done nothing for two episodes just to fit them in there, and instead of getting a satisfying conclusion to their plot, we get some cliffhanger ending right when the story finally takes an interesting turn.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    So they bring Morales back from Season One just to kill him after seven minutes of screen time?
    Made no sense. lol they could have done so much more with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I know. I'm sure you were on the edge of your seat. Torn between these two beloved characters that share such a rich history.

Well, thanks to everyone complaining about bottle episodes, these episodes are edited to all kinds of shit, with tons of battle scenes lacking tension because we don't stay with anyone for long enough. Ezekiel's group began their attack at the end of episode 1 and going into episode 4 they still haven't won or lost. In comparison, the assault with Aaron/Rick/Daryl took two episodes, and the Jesus/Morgan assault not only took only one episode, they also took dozens of prisoners in a chain-gang across a zombie apocalypse in the next episode. And because they're now listening to fans who hated bottle episodes and cried they didn't see certain characters for a few weeks, have to deal with shitty editing like Jesus vs Morgan leads into a commercial, and then we get two or three scenes, and then it goes back to Jesus vs. Morgan. No tension. No continuity. It's totally spastic. I like a lot of the content this season, but the storytelling is erratic and haphazard and it could be so much more focused and tight. This is why I told people who complained about one episode taking place in this community, and the next taking place in another, that it was the best way to tell their stories....because now they're all blended and erratic and there is so much going on each episode it's not near as satisfying as it could be. Imagine how much better the whole assault with Ezekiel/Carol would be as one episode, where we're constantly in the moment with them? Instead they've basically done nothing for two episodes just to fit them in there, and instead of getting a satisfying conclusion to their plot, we get some cliffhanger ending right when the story finally takes an interesting turn.
    Somebody hacked your account.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 151 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast