Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A signed 1st/1st of FROM THE DUST RETURNED by Ray Bradbury.

I don't know anything about the story, but I love the author and the price was right.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a Signed/Limited edition of SHELF LIFE, with many contributors including Neil Gaiman and Harlan Ellison.

Front Endpaper (by Charles Vess):

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd been waiting for a few months for an opportunity to obtain a signed copy of Neil Gaiman's new book, BLUEBERRY GIRL. It is a poem written years ago for a friend (Tori Amos) who was pregnant at the time with a little girl. This was a gift to my daughter who was born in June. I'm already reading it to her.

A couple sample interior pages. Artwork by Charles Vess:

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, Patrick, those are all wonderful !!! Congrats...

... and that Neil Gaiman children's book is aces !!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'd been waiting for a few months for an opportunity to obtain a signed copy of Neil Gaiman's new book, BLUEBERRY GIRL. It is a poem written years ago for a friend (Tori Amos) who was pregnant at the time with a little girl. This was a gift to my daughter who was born in June. I'm already reading it to her.
    There is nothing better, IMO, than reading stories to a daughter. We both loved it and you have many great years and stories ahead of you. Specifically I remember reading THE EYES OF THE DRAGON, ODDKINS by Koontz, THE THIEF OF ALWAYS by Barker and, of course, many more. A few years ago she was home from college for Christmas and we both sat on her bed and I read David Morrell's THE HUNDRED YEAR SANTA and Thomas Canty's A MONSTER AT CHRISTMAS. It was just like the old days and great fun. Keep reading to her!

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Patrick! I really like the Bradbury book. He is such an incredible author.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Pam, Bob and Cody. Bob, I agree about reading to your kids. It's a great thing to do - and now my boys are old enough that we are tackling longer books a chapter at a time. I've read them CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY.

Just tonight I read them Chapter 1 of HARRY POTTER. Away we go!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the unsigned limited edition of STEPHEN KING GOES TO THE MOVIES from the publisher, Subterranean Press, with artwork by Vincent Chong.

The book shown next to the mass market paperback to show relative size:

Cool fake movie posters throughout. Also, people who pre-ordered the book were able to have their names printed as extras in any SK-related movie.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is an anthology, 999 - NEW STORIES OF HORROR AND SUSPENSE.

This S/L is signed by only a few of the many contributors. Stephen King did not sign, but Neil Gaiman did.

My Mood
    Gay

Patrick, I just love your collection.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Patrick!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Here is an anthology, 999 - NEW STORIES OF HORROR AND SUSPENSE.
    I've always really liked that 999 anthology. It's too bad Peter Schneider couldn't get King to sign it. I think I have seen one for sale where the seller had somehow gotten King and Joyce Carol Oates to sign. That would have been one nice book.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Pam and John.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Here is an anthology, 999 - NEW STORIES OF HORROR AND SUSPENSE. ...
    I've always really liked that 999 anthology. It's too bad Peter Schneider couldn't get King to sign it. I think I have seen one for sale where the seller had somehow gotten King and Joyce Carol Oates to sign. That would have been one nice book.
    Funny you should mention that. While taking those photos, I was thinking about how cool it would be to go to one of those UNDER THE DOME booksignings and slide 999 in front of King.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Limited 999 is one that's on my wish list. I have the first trade edition, but still haven't gotten the limited. Is that a recent acquisition, Patrick?

And how cool would it be to hand him your 999 at a signing?!?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Gretchen. Yes, it was a recent purchase, this past April (I just hadn't gotten around to taking pics until the other night).

I bought it right here at TDT.com at Wizard's Spring Clearance Sale.

EDIT: Hey, that reminds me of another item I picked up from Wiz in the same sale that I haven't yet added to my system of record (i.e. this thread). I'll try to photo and post it tonight. This one is signed by King.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

A long, long time ago I lived in San Jose and dated a woman in Seattle. Before making the 12-hour drive to see her one weekend, I stopped by my local library to try out some of these books-on-tape I'd heard about to see if they would help me pass the drive time more enjoyably. I found a couple books (on tape) that I had never heard of, but they were written by Stephen King - an author I liked - so I checked them out. The books on tape were THE GUNSLINGER and THE DRAWING OF THE THREE. Both were read by Stephen King whose voice I had never heard previously. I listened to both books over the course of the round trip drive.

So you see, my initial introduction to the Dark Tower was on cassette tape and read to me by Stephen King.

Now many years later, I own the signed/limited "edition" of THE GUNSLINGER audiobook.

For posterity - This is what a cassette tape looks like, kids:

My Mood
    Gay

That's a great story, Patrick. My intro to DT was via Sai King's cassettes as well.

Very cool !!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Patrick. A great story too!

John

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the 'posterity' comment, Patrick. Great story, too!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Pam, John, and Gretchen.

I'm tempted to start looking for THE DRAWING OF THE THREE signed limited tapes now.

I no longer have anything that would play a cassette tape anymore, even if I wanted to. However I'm still glad these were never released on 8-track.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As discussed in full in The Neil Gaiman Thread, I met Neil for the first time last Sunday. Here are the tangible results.

This is the new First Edition hardback of "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" - Batman's swan song story written by Gaiman that spanned two recent issues of Batman and Detective comics. As you can see, he drew Batman in my book. I love Batman and I love Gaiman. I was irrationally happy.

The story is cool and the artwork is fantastic. In the introduction, he talks about why he accepted the project after being out of comic books for so long and he discusses the different art styles in the story and their significance.

Also the book contains other Batman stories past that he has written. For example:

All in all, it's a neat book for a Gaiman and/or Batman fan, even when it isn't signed.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Then Neil Gaiman signed my new "Absolute Sandman, Volume I". Holy moly, what a beautiful book!

Here it is next to one of the standard softcovers to show relative size. (Alternatively, the book is about the same size as the S/L of Eyes of the Dragon.)

Along with the inscription and autograph, Neil drew Morpheus. Sweet.

The artwork looks so much better on the larger pages with better paper and ink quality. Plus there are a bunch of extras in back (bios, sketches, scripts, etc.)

This book is not rare, so I encourage all Sandman fans to go get one. You won't be disappointed.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally, remember the flatsigned BLUEBERRY GIRL that I posted upthread a couple weeks ago? I took it with me and told Gaiman that I have a 1-month old daughter and that I read her his book. I told Neil that it was already flatsigned, but I would appreciate it if he could just inscribe it to my daughter. He was happy to do so and, of course, he signed it after inscribing it - even though this was my third book at a two book limit signing.

Now it has this:

No doodle, yet this is my favorite of the three inscriptions. It is a sweet inscription for my baby girl.

(So, yes, the book is double-signed - signed on two different pages.)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm impressed Patrick! Actually, I started appreciating Gaiman through your threads on this forum (I'd never heard of him, can you believe that?). These wonderful photos and stories make me want to add a new branch to my 'collecting tree'.

- Michaël

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Michaël. That's exactly what I found myself doing (a new collecting branch) as I read more and more of his work. I love Gaiman's writing, and he really seems to be a good guy, which makes it even sweeter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast