Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 509 of 567 FirstFirst ... 9 409 459 499 507 508 509 510 511 519 559 ... LastLast
Results 12,701 to 12,725 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think there is an arc for the Plume paperback Gunslinger.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I think there is an arc for the Plume paperback Gunslinger.
    I think you’re right. I have one for DOTT. It’s labeled, “Special Reading Copy.”
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not strictly King related for my purposes, but do any of you guys know a good source for old newspapers? The Washington Post, New York Times, etc? From what I can find, it seems they only go back up to 6 months for back issues. I'm needing to go back several years. Any help would/will be greatly appreciated!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Not strictly King related for my purposes, but do any of you guys know a good source for old newspapers? The Washington Post, New York Times, etc? From what I can find, it seems they only go back up to 6 months for back issues. I'm needing to go back several years. Any help would/will be greatly appreciated!
    Libraries. If they won't let you have the original, they'll certainly make you a copy.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Libraries. If they won't let you have the original, they'll certainly make you a copy.
    Thanks, Brian.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Or the library online. The Washington Post and New York Times and many other papers all have archives online. I know the The Houston Public Library databases have them.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Boo...-srp1-_-title1

Does anybody know how many and the whereabouts of the rest of the 1st State DJs?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Does anybody know how many and the whereabouts of the rest of the 1st State DJs?
    Yes.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Yes.
    I'm surprised this one doesn't have the crease down the spine from where the 5 (maybe six) jackets were placed in a file cabinet for storage. I've only seen two throughout my collecting days and both had a crease almost perfect center down the spine.

Maybe the picture or angle isn't showing it well.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Yes.
    I'm surprised this one doesn't have the crease down the spine from where the 5 (maybe six) jackets were placed in a file cabinet for storage. I've only seen two throughout my collecting days and both had a crease almost perfect center down the spine.

Maybe the picture or angle isn't showing it well.

Mulleins
    I had the same thought about the crease. It certainly doesn't appear to be there from that pic but maybe like you say it is the angle. Though you'd think someone in the know would proudly display that crease.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

You guys think it might actually be a fake?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

It's not a fake. I am 100% positive about that. The crease is there, right between the black and white portions of the dust jacket, not on the spine. It is almost impossible to see unless someone points it out.

How do I know? A little bird told me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes.
    Are you 100% certain?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I wasn't suggesting it was fake but was curious about where the crease was/is. I still can't see it but I am in no position to buy so my opinion matters not.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    It's not a fake. I am 100% positive about that. The crease is there, right between the black and white portions of the dust jacket, not on the spine. It is almost impossible to see unless someone points it out.

How do I know? A little bird told me.
    I've heard about the crease between the black and white portion of the jacket, but have only seen the two that had a crease down the spine.

A rare gem indeed for a completest (with some pocket money to spare).

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Or the library online. The Washington Post and New York Times and many other papers all have archives online. I know the The Houston Public Library databases have them.
    Thanks! I'm hoping to locate a hard copy.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Most of the large libraries will have multiple copies. Over time that stock is depleted. The large libraries in the area of interest might still have copies though. It's best if you show up in person and charm the librarian a bit.

Good luck!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Most of the large libraries will have multiple copies. Over time that stock is depleted. The large libraries in the area of interest might still have copies though. It's best if you show up in person and charm the librarian a bit.

Good luck!
    Might just have to do that lol.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes.
    Are you 100% certain?
    Uh-oh, based on waht was just posted in the NP&J Thread, now what?!?

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Never heard of an ARC or a paperback. They usually only do ARCs of 1st editions (for reviews) and limited editions
    Quote Originally Posted by darkseer View Post
    I was wondering, I bought what thrift.books said was an arc of The Shining paper back. Does this exist, It looks just like the other silver 1st edition paperbacks. I only paid $12 for this and has a 30 day return so I didn't lose anything.
    Thanks in advance.
    Wasn't an ARC, but was a 1st/1st The Shining paperback in VG ++ condition so still a keeper.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a similar thing a few months ago on ebay: one of those big thrift stores had an 'uncorrected galley proof' of Pet Sematary for 10 bucks, with a stock image in the listing. Bought it, waited for two months, it was just a mass market paperback. I complained, sent some pictures back. I got a refund and did not need to return it. I love a free book!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    I had a similar thing a few months ago on ebay: one of those big thrift stores had an 'uncorrected galley proof' of Pet Sematary for 10 bucks, with a stock image in the listing. Bought it, waited for two months, it was just a mass market paperback. I complained, sent some pictures back. I got a refund and did not need to return it. I love a free book!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    That worked out good then

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

I'm posting these on eBay tonight--part of a small collection that we purchased today--but there seems to be little info on them, and not sure where to look. Thoughts/help?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a nice Colorado Kid printed by the same Italian publisher. That's the first Rage I've seen. Very nice.

Mulleins

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Another from this collection:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 509 of 567 FirstFirst ... 9 409 459 499 507 508 509 510 511 519 559 ... LastLast