Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 644 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 518 ... LastLast

Thread: Suntup Editions

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Oops! I definitely missed that and I take full responsibility. Thanks for the quick response!

For the record, I have no problem with the wait and it makes sense. Just didn't read the product page with enough care in my rush to place the order
    All good dude... yes, you were one of the early orders to come in. The first order that came in was at 9:01am. Now that's fast.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Received the Covers Collection package today. Even the custom Suntup tape was awesome. Everything was packed nicely and just overall top shelf. They look fantastic! I put everything back into the nice packaging and box until the archival boxes are done and arrive. Amazing work Paul, incredible to see these in person.
    Thank you for the kind words! I'm really happy that you're happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Beautiful prints Paul! I somehow missed Rule #4 and immediately went swimming with mine. What do I do????
    Thank you Tommy. Yes, that is a common problem. You're not the first to have taken the prints for a swim before reading the instructions completely. It's easily fixable. Staple the print to the drywall, then get a hair dryer and turn the heat to the max. Then point it at the print for about 10 minutes, moving it up and down as you do. It will be dry in no time. The holes from the staples, you can just put some tape over and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I received mine today as well. Very pleased. It's great to actually order something and get it in a reasonable time frame. Keep them coming. What is next?
    Thanks!! Next is IT. But don't tell anyone.

Spoiler:
    And there's a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Pictures?
    Yes, where are the pictures??

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

#1 was gone & so was #19 so I went with.....
    Spoiler:

and no F about it.

and it will look nice when the CUJO print shows up

NO DANNY ON A TRIKE HERE.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine arrived today in perfect condition! I ended up with #2. Everything is top notch and of course looks even better in person. Could not be happier with my purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy to hear you got the prints. Have received nothing but great feedback. Hard at work on the next release for July.

In other news, we are a month away from the release of The Eyes of the Dragon Art Portfolio, and everything is on track.

Here's some behind-the-scenes pictures I thought would be of interest.

Spoiler:

The photogravure prints have been completed and are on hand.

And this is a look at an uncut proof sheet of one of the prints that will be included in the Lettered Edition. I've never seen the artwork look this good. They are all printed on beautiful cotton paper and they look and feel amazing. Really happy with the result.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Happy to hear you got the prints. Have received nothing but great feedback. Hard at work on the next release for July.

In other news, we are a month away from the release of The Eyes of the Dragon Art Portfolio, and everything is on track.

Here's some behind-the-scenes pictures I thought would be of interest.

Spoiler:

The photogravure prints have been completed and are on hand.

And this is a look at an uncut proof sheet of one of the prints that will be included in the Lettered Edition. I've never seen the artwork look this good. They are all printed on beautiful cotton paper and they look and feel amazing. Really happy with the result.

Holy sh!t, look at that quality and clarity. That second pic really shows just how solid of a reproduction that is. Yeesh. Someone else said it before. You keep this up Paul, you are going to find a lot of broke DT'ers. Broke but happy with awesome artwork.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quick question and this was already covered before and I could be very late to the game, but is there also a Firestarter portfolio to coincide with the rebound edition, much like you have here with EoD?
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

Since there is only one piece of art connected with the 1st Edition Firestarter.... I assume the answer is no.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Since there is only one piece of art connected with the 1st Edition Firestarter.... I assume the answer is no.
    Never assume.

The artist could have produced numerous pieces, yet only one was chosen for the cover-obviously.

Suntup is digging out unseen art. Even more than Centipede Press did for Knowing Darkness.

Rather than be negative, celebrate the positive. Paul got off his ass and contacted artists that few can dream of doing.

Dragon Rebound and Suntup are doing the most amazing things, at an unparalleled production level.

The only negative I can think of is the debit to my account for buying them all.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Correct, there is no Firestarter portfolio. There is a small 6x9 print that will be included with the custom bound book and the original remarques that Steve did which will be bound into the book.

There will be a Covers Collection edition of the Firestarter art.

Country
    Country Flag

All very good!

WTB:

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Talking about unseen art, watch for next month's print!

In terms of Firestarter, I know of a sketch that was done which has never seen the light of day. At least not outside the publisher. And of course, there are the two eye color versions. Interesting thing is, on the original art, the eyes are blue, not green like on the cover. They started out green, and then for the paperback were changed to blue, but they were changed on the original. So no original exists with green eyes.

[QUOTE=Randall Flagg;1063839]
    Never assume

The only negative I can think of is the debit to my account for buying them all.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

In terms of Firestarter, I know of a sketch that was done which has never seen the light of day. At least not outside the publisher. And of course, there are the two eye color versions. Interesting thing is, on the original art, the eyes are blue, not green like on the cover. They started out green, and then for the paperback were changed to blue, but they were changed on the original. So no original exists with green eyes.
    It exists...Just covered over with blue.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

It exists...Just covered over with blue.
    That's a good point.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Dragon Rebound and Suntup are doing the most amazing things, at an unparalleled production level.
    Jerome, thanks for the kind words... Wait 'till you all see what I have planned for the next custom-bound book.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, thanks for the kind words... Wait 'till you all see what I have planned for the next custom-bound book.
    My Wallet just wimpered....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I'm going to have to start selling drugs to pay for my book habit.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone wanna buy a 60+ yo kidney?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I know what it is. Not sure if it was a public email or not so I won't say here but I'm pumped

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ideas that didn't quite make it to production...

Rebound IT with actual iron Derry Sewer grate as front cover
    Cujo - Bound in real St Bernard Fur
    Christine - slipcase is made of metal hammered out of the rear door of a 1958 Plymouth Fury
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Ideas that didn't quite make it to production...

Rebound IT with actual iron Derry Sewer grate as front cover
    Cujo - Bound in real St Bernard Fur
    Christine - slipcase is made of metal hammered out of the rear door of a 1958 Plymouth Fury
    hmmm.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here you go. Picture was provided by Steven Stroud. This is the Firestarter sketch with the cover mockup.

Spoiler:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

So cool. Thanks.

I BELIEVE WE HAVE FOUND THE FACE THAT GOES WITH THE EYES?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a picture of the original courtesy of Steven Stroud. Not for sale, but nice to know it exists.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 644 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 518 ... LastLast