Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 262 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    FWIW, Orbik has some health issues. He declined this year's HF, but is up for next year. Just an FYI is all.
    I'm truly sorry to hear that!
    I hope his situation improves soon!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I had put a small bid on it, but then it got cancelled. I wonder who the lucky buyer was.

John
    John I got it, but as I mentioned when I asked about a buy it now price there were no bids or watchers listed. I definetly would not have asked if the item was "in play", I'm sorry. I paid $660.00 for my fine copy 6 months ago (which after some research seemed to be a fair price, 6-12 made were the variety of numbers I found) so I jumped on it. I'm truly sorry as I wouldn't have intentionally had anyone's bid cancelled & was not my intention.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I've just noticed that Justin Brooks' bibliography lists it, so there may be another copy out there if you never talked about it before.
    Hi.
    I have spoken recently with Justin Brooks, and he put the information in his bibliography because he read it on Barry Levin's site and knew of his reputation. I have also spoken with Barry a couple of days ago and he has no recollection as to why it is on his site. He never sold a variant copy, nor can verify why the information is there. Just thought you would like to know. Gerald

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Gerald !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I had put a small bid on it, but then it got cancelled. I wonder who the lucky buyer was.

John
    John I got it, but as I mentioned when I asked about a buy it now price there were no bids or watchers listed. I definetly would not have asked if the item was "in play", I'm sorry. I paid $660.00 for my fine copy 6 months ago (which after some research seemed to be a fair price, 6-12 made were the variety of numbers I found) so I jumped on it. I'm truly sorry as I wouldn't have intentionally had anyone's bid cancelled & was not my intention.
    No problem, Matt. Life happens!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably legit. I don't think I want it, though.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've added the number of the proof of the CD unbound proofs in the listing in the first post of this thread. I've put these items (there are eight) in bold so they'll be easier to find. If you have a numbered CD proof that is not in the listing, please let me know. I'm trying to keep this listing as up-to-date as possible.

I have to add that I haven't yet seen an unbound proof of Blockade Billy with a number like the others. All are unnumbered.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

John, for the FDNS unbound, my copy has "3rd Proof" printed on the top page. In the listing you have 1st and 2nd only. Figured you'd want to know.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Updated. Thanks, Paul!

John

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've added the number of the proof of the CD unbound proofs in the listing in the first post of this thread. I've put these items (there are eight) in bold so they'll be easier to find. If you have a numbered CD proof that is not in the listing, please let me know. I'm trying to keep this listing as up-to-date as possible.

I have to add that I haven't yet seen an unbound proof of Blockade Billy with a number like the others. All are unnumbered.

John
    Hi John, My copy of Billy Blockade is unnumbered like yours. However, Mine is of the 2nd printing of the book.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know it's not exactly CD, but you do have "Faithful Anniversary edition Books to Benefit/CD alternate cover" on the list.
    There is the unbound proof of Faithful; it does not have a 1st, 2nd or 3rd on it.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I know it's not exactly CD, but you do have "Faithful Anniversary edition Books to Benefit/CD alternate cover" on the list.
    There is the unbound proof of Faithful; it does not have a 1st, 2nd or 3rd on it.
    I too have seen somewhere an unbound CD proof of Faithful. I can't remember where.

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Hi John, My copy of Billy Blockade is unnumbered like yours. However, Mine is of the 2nd printing of the book.
    I think I've mentioned this before, but that might have only been in email to someone who asked! It's actually the 1st printing, but our designers often use a copyright page template for their designs OR they just copy a previous design's copyright page (since copyright pages are pretty boring things and their look doesn't change) and then the designer changes out the info for the new project: title, author, date, ISBN, etc. This copyright page was cloned from a book that had a second printing and we didn't fix it until after the first round of proofreading.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

I too have seen somewhere an unbound CD proof of Faithful. I can't remember where.
    It does exist, but there is only one out there. A Dark Tower collector asked if I had one, and there was one sitting on my desk at the time, so it was fortunate timing and I considered that a sign.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    I think I've mentioned this before, but that might have only been in email to someone who asked! It's actually the 1st printing, but our designers often use a copyright page template for their designs OR they just copy a previous design's copyright page (since copyright pages are pretty boring things and their look doesn't change) and then the designer changes out the info for the new project: title, author, date, ISBN, etc. This copyright page was cloned from a book that had a second printing and we didn't fix it until after the first round of proofreading.

Brian
    Thanks for the information Brian. That's very interesting. Thanks for making these unbound proofs available.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Well I'm really just reiterating what I have read on the forum but as far as anyone knows there is no Carrie proof state (oblong or not), only the ARC. Rumours about a proof state and a different ARC state have been circulating for a long time though.

Bob (carlosdetweiller) has a picture somewhere (probably in this thread) with the proofs of the other early Doubleday books and three of them (NIGHT SHIFT, THE SHINING and THE STAND) are oblong shaped. This is probably why a putative CARRIE proof state is also thought to be in a similar format.
    In honor of the 41st Anniversary of my earliest Stephen King signature, I would like to share with you all, my “Doubleday Nine”.

While I have been reluctant in the past to share publicly my collection, the last few months with my son have forced me to re-evaluate my decisions. He is 14 months old now and while I am trying my best to teach him about sharing with others, I would be hypocritical in my part, if I don’t do the same.

In the words of a great story teller from Middle Earth, “Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die.”

I hope you enjoy.
    Gerald

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been waiting to see a photo of that Carrie proof for years. I knew there had to be one. It's incredible. Thanks for sharing it, Gerald.

Thank you so much for sharing Gerald!!!!!
    Amazing!!!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

There you go! I was just discussing this with some of the members in Florida a couple of days ago. The fact that there was this Carrie proof and that no one had seen it. I have been wanting to ask you to share a picture of it but I didn't because I figured if you wanted to, you would when you were ready.

So all I can say now is thank you for sharing! If I'm not mistaken, no one here has ever seen that Carrie proof. I know I certainly haven't. Thanks again for sharing.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW, Gerald. Just WOW.

See now, isn't sharing good for the soul?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, unbelievable!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Thanks for the information, Brian! My copy also shows the 2nd printing. I guess it's the only version out there.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It does exist, but there is only one out there. A Dark Tower collector asked if I had one, and there was one sitting on my desk at the time, so it was fortunate timing and I considered that a sign.

Brian
    Thanks again, Brian. I'll update the list to reflect the unique copy.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald, thanks SO much for sharing. I also had heard of the Carrie proof but never seen one.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 262 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 258 ... LastLast