Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Road Rage - Stephen King & Joe Hill

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Road Rage - Stephen King & Joe Hill

IDW Publishing is proud to announce ROAD RAGE, a new partnership with best-selling authors Stephen King and Joe Hill, to produce a comic-book adaptation of their co-written adventure tale, Throttle. This monthly two-part series begins in February, and will be followed by two issues adapting the story that inspired Throttle, Richard Matheson’s classic tale of suspense, Duel, beginning in April.

“Throttle is a story that really begs for a visual adaptation: it’s got bikes and badasses and lots of expensive rolling iron blowing up and getting smashed,” said Hill. “Who doesn't get off on that? I can’t wait to see IDW get behind the wheel and take the thing out for a spin.”

Throttle, the first collaboration between father-and-son King and Hill, was not only inspired by Matheson’s Duel, it also only appeared in print in a limited-edition anthology honoring Matheson’s works, He is Legend. Throttle and Duel were subsequently released as an audiobook called Road Rage, which is the banner title the comics will also carry.

Throttle tells the story of a motorcycle gang pursued by an unseen assailant in a big rig, but as might be expected knowing the talent involved, things aren’t exactly as they seem.

“Working with the great Joe Hill (I can say that because he’s my kid) on such a kick-ass story was a terrific treat, and this version takes it to whole new level,” said King. “Rev up and climb on!”

Adapting the story alongside Hill and King is Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer and the editor of Hill’s New York Times best-selling graphic novel series, LOCKE & KEY. Handling art duties is Nelson Daniel, whose own collaboration with Hill and artist Zach Howard, THE CAPE, was nominated for a 2011 Eisner Award. Daniel will handle full art and colors, and provide a cover. Acclaimed artist Phil Noto will also provide covers for the two-part series. Ryall, who received a 2006 Eisner nomination for his and Ashley Wood’s adaptation of Matheson’s “Blood Son,” will also adapt Duel, with artist Rafa Garres for that two-part series. As a special bonus on the King/Hill story, artist Tony Harris will paint two incentive covers that show the authors themselves on a motorcycle road-trip.

“Like Joe and Steve, Richard Matheson’s Duel had a huge impact on me as a kid,” said Ryall. “And so did the works of Stephen King. Add to that mix the chance to continue working with Hill and Daniel, two of the very best creators of my generation, and you’ve got the makings of a project that’s very special to me. And as long as I don't screw up my part, it’ll hopefully be as special for all their fans when it comes out. Otherwise, you know who to blame...”

ROAD RAGE: THROTTLE will be released in February and March, with ROAD RAGE: DUEL to follow in April and May.

Source
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

AWESOME!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be buying those!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'll be buying those!
    ME TOO! (more comics to spend money on)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Publication date is getting closer (Feb. 15th), and some stuff can be found at www.stephenking.com and websites related to their creators.

ROAD RAGE: THROTTLE

The Tribe is more than a motorcycle club – it’s a family. Literally, since club leader Vince rides alongside his son Race, as well as fellow Viet Nam vet Lemmy and a passle of others. They’ve been together a long time, these two generations of riders. But never before have they seen the kind of trouble they’re about to run up against.

War is easy—lines are drawn, sides are chosen. But when the club is attacked on a lonely highway road by a trucker with unknown but quite murderous intent, their hard-scrabble existence becomes one of pure survival. And not all of ‘em are going to make it through.

In Throttle, Stephen King collaborated for the first time with his son, novelist & Eisner Award-winning comic book writer Joe Hill, to bring the Tribe to life in their prose tribute to Richard Matheson’s Duel. And now King and Hill are collaborating with IDW Publishing, home of Joe Hill’s acclaimed comic-book series Locke & Key and The Cape, to bring the story to vivid four-color life in the form of Road Rage.

The four-issue Road Rage, which shares the title of the joint audiobook versions of Throttle and Duel, adapts both stories to comic-book form. Throttle is up first, adapted by IDW Chief Creative Officer and Zombies vs Robots co-creator Chris Ryall and artist Nelson Daniel (The Cape). The story, which unfolds over two gritty issues starting with Road Rage #1, will be released in both print and digital form on February 15 and be accompanied by variant covers from acclaimed artists such as Phil Noto and Tony Harris, as well as a temporary Tribe tattoo of your own, too. Just, if you apply that tat to your personage, be damned careful not to run afoul of any trucks out on the open road…
    The first number will have variant covers as well:

On the other hand, here are some production assets:

(Here you can download the pdf with some of these assets: PDF file

Finally, in Chris Ryall's blog (Chris is IDW Publishing's Publisher/Editor-in-Chief), you can see one of the final pages of the first number and the cover of DUEL:

(Click to see full size)
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This really belongs in the Comics forum.

John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I already opened one thread there a couple of days ago
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, well ... I lose, lol

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Awww man I am going to have to buy all of the #1 covers! They are all so awesome!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have any idea just how many different variants there are of the first issue? I count at least 3-4 on eBay tonight.

John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So far I counted 4.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Ari!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

7 in fact.

They're all on my website : http://club-stephenking.fr/2615-road-rage
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Jeremy! I doubt I'll even try to get all those.

John

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Me either

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got Cover 1a and 1b in the mail today. they are awesome! I can't wait to read what happens next!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Pics?

John

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Pics?

John
    I tried to take pics but my camera is broken!

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Well I managed to get 5 so far plus the promo pin...
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been trying to get that promo pin, but no luck so far. Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cgallagh44 View Post
    Well I managed to get 5 so far plus the promo pin...
    I got the Promo pin! It came with the JetPak original comic.

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post

John
    Me either
    Shame on me! I ordered 3 more covers on eBay today! I even got the silver comicpro edition. My husband is going to be so PISSED at me!

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Well done pixiedark76, did you get the silver comicpro edition on eBay too?
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cgallagh44 View Post
    Well done pixiedark76, did you get the silver comicpro edition on eBay too?
    yes I did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast