Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 288 of 430 FirstFirst ... 188 238 278 286 287 288 289 290 298 338 388 ... LastLast
Results 7,176 to 7,200 of 10740

Thread: Introduce yourself

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just put it out of mind my and didn't think about it... more than once or twice each and every week.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I pretended to forget about the DT books and go on with life as usual. Alas, it worked only once: between books 1 and 2.

Oh, and I had "twice the fun" waiting: first I had to wait for books to be written and published, and then on top of that to find someone to bring me a copy across (sometimes multiple) border(s).
    If you are going through hell - keep going

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I almost threw my copy of The Waste Lands against the wall when it ended as it did. I was really frustrated! The wait for Wizard and Glass seemed endless.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I just put it out of mind my and didn't think about it... more than once or twice each and every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    Oh, and I had "twice the fun" waiting: first I had to wait for books to be written and published, and then on top of that to find someone to bring me a copy across (sometimes multiple) border(s).
    all of the above

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I just waited until the next one was released, read the previous one(s) again and then the new one. I did that up until WOTC (which I disliked very much, OK, I hated it), and after that just read them as they were released, hating all the rest of them.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I love a good cliffhanger ending. Didn't bother me a bit. Just made me want to read it again.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, this thread will be merged shortly.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I pretended that all the stuff that wasn't as awesome as the DT series (nearly everything) was distracting me; it wasn't. The waits fuckin' killed me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Hell, there wasn't even a real internet back in my day. The best we had (and, at it's best, it was very good), was alt.books.stephen-king on USENET -- but even then, many of us had been waiting for installments for a decade or more.
    I hear ya, Bev!!!! I started the series in like 1983. One thing that did help was identifying DT related material before he started indicating and then well after he indicated it, it was easier to choose what to read first, as I recall!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I liked not knowing what was DT related and running across surprises.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    BTW, this thread will be merged shortly.
    "Der Uber-Fuhrer" has spoken!!! LOL Hile "Uber-Fuhrer"

Let's all "Goose-step" onto the next thread!!!! Mach Schnell!!!!

Ve Haf Vays uf dealing vif Defectors!!!

Spoiler:
    Much as the A's did to the Yanks these last 4 games!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hile Bender!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Traveler RegularGuy is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello Fellow Fans,

How Did you discover the dark tower?
    I was introduced to the dark tower series by a high school acquaintance, but never really payed to much into it, it wasn't until a few years later a good friend of mine suggested it to me and i gave it another try. I'm currently in the process of finishing it and enjoying every minute of it.

Who is your favorite character?
    I would definitely have to say I mostly enjoy listen to Callihian, (though my spelling is not one of my strong points) I love hearing his back story and the banter between him and fellow characters amusing me.

What is your favorite book?
    Well i just recently got into reading, I was never much one to stay intrigued into a book growing up so my list of books that i've read is pretty short but growing. that in mind, i would say The tailsmen so far has been my favorite read.

How Old are you? And where are you from?
    I'm currently 28 years old, and from Massachusetts.

Do you have a nickname?
    In high school people called me by my last name, but i don't consider that a nickname, or rather a creative one to say the least.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome, RegularGuy!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Regularguy!!!!

As a "Old School" kinda guy guy, I would say anytime you "get into reading" is a good time!!! Welcome to the club!!!!

Reading is FUN-damental!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Roast View Post
    Long days and pleasant nights, ye gunslingers of olde!
    It's beautiful to be back - for those who might remember/ are bonded by facebook ties, there was a time that I scoured these boards as AlishaRiley - for those who don't, I'll begin at the beginning and introduce myself.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?
    I'd treated my peepers to Pet Semetary as a wee lassie, then discovered Carrie, The Shining and It - some years later (the tender age of 18, if my memory serves me well) I was given WOTC as a gift. I'd heard, vaguely of TDT through a band that I was pretty much in love with at the time, whose concepts had been hugely inspired by the series (Coheed and Cambria, they be), but had never gotten around to delving deeply enough to investigate it any further than that. So...I received Wolves, out of the blue, and began my little adventure from the awkward stage of 5 books in...which was...silly, but patience wasn't a virtue I was well acquainted with back then. I fell in love, of course, and decided to do a U-turn and gobble up the series from the beginning; desperately trying to erase my memory to avoid spoilers (which rarely works, although illusion is a grand thing. Indeed). And...yes...that was that. Hooked. Lined. Sunk. Living in Mid-World from thenceforth.

Who is your favourite character?
    Arg. The dreaded question. For a long time, I'd have said Eddie; although if I can jumble up the question slightly, and personify the relationship between Roland and Jake...I'd like to do do that. I also had a real thing for Rhea. Creepy old hags just seem to do it for me.

What is your favourite book?
    Emotionally speaking, the tie that I feel with Wolves is strongest; although for pure literary pleasure it'd have to be The Drawing of the Three. The digestion of that was...special.

How old are you?
    (That was easy.)

Where are you from?
    Liverpool, England, etc.

Do you have a nickname?
    Yar. Roast, Lili, various abbreviations of Alisha, anything else that seems momentarily fitting.

And...that's that.
    Nice to meet you.
    Ok, I missed this earlier, but I just needed to say WELCOME BACK ALISHA! Been far too long since you were last here, my Liverpudlian friend!

And welcome everyone else, too!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello Fellow Fans,

How did you discover the dark tower?
    I read the Plume paperback when it first came out. I guess I was fifteen or so? I had read Tommyknockers, The Long Walk (my favorite short King piece) and The Stand (my favorite single long book).

Who is your favorite character?
    Oh Jake for sure. He's the kid I identify with the most. I was like him, it seems sometimes, when I was growing up. Now, even, it's like he's searching for a father, searching for himself. A kid almost literally between life and death, childhood and adulthood, etc.

What is your favorite book?
    Oh boy. Of The Dark Tower it's a tie between Gunslinger (the original version!!) and The Drawing of The Three.

How old are you? And where are you from?
    I'm 38 and I'm from Connecticut originally.

Do you have a nickname?
    Nope. My students call me Mr. -- or my first name. If I had a nickname though, it would be something like Doctor Amazing and his Incredible Band of Empire Strikes Back Devotees?

NB I introduced myself in another thread but I thought I'd come here to cover my bases! Everyone seems just great on these forums! Thanks for having a new member!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome aboard. Have fun and if you need assistance, please ask.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort will become famous soon enough Jack Mort's Avatar

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

I never thought I would say this, but Thanks Randall Flagg!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mort View Post
    I never thought I would say this, but Thanks Randall Flagg!
    We are kindred spirits....

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

GahhhhN I just got a shudderin'!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Bashful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Thanks Merlin! I'm originally from Connecticut. Converted Yankees to STL fan - but only because my students would beat me up otherwise.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mort View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Thanks Merlin! I'm originally from Connecticut. Converted Yankees to STL fan - but only because my students would beat me up otherwise.
    Buy a Taser and come back to the "Evil Empire"!!! LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Welcome, jack!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 288 of 430 FirstFirst ... 188 238 278 286 287 288 289 290 298 338 388 ... LastLast