Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 981 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 481 881 931 971 979 980 981 982 983 991 1031 1081 ... LastLast
Results 24,501 to 24,525 of 27563

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry but that's what VFB says and we all know their position on book prices.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Could it be...

Could it beeeee...

That VFB’s $1mil collection is...

Bob Jackson’s?
    No the collection belongs to a guy named Robert Drew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PERHAPS?
    Spoiler:
    Robert Drew Jackson?
    Spoiler:
    just messing with ya!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Sorry but that's what VFB says and we all know their position on book prices.
    I agree %100. That just seemed like a lot of money to state as what it's worth.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

VFB is selling an Insomnia S/L for $1000. Its worth $400 tops. So does this mean that this massive million dollar collection is only worth $400,000??

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    To save further speculation, I feel it time to state that the collection offered through Very Fine Books is indeed mine.

It was put onto the market anonymously with the view that anyone interested in purchasing would not particularly want the itemised collection spread far and wide. Obviously there are far more reasons than just the privacy factor of a possible purchaser. The collection was advertised through Very Fine Books and through Lilja's Facebook site and it was a forgone conclusion that it would end up being per used by members of The Dark Tower.

It is most likely that the collection (if it sells) will be to a bibliophile who wants to acquire a reasonably complete collection with many rare books. It is highly unlikely that a Stephen King collector would be interested, due to the fact that they would be duplicating on many items. Finding that one particular person requires an enormous amount of optimism, however if there is no buyer at the conclusion then the collection will remain where it is. It will not be split up.

I did not elect to choose Betts Books for this exercise, as David is solely King based and as I have stated earlier I do not believe that is where an interested party would be found. Very Fine Books has received three expressions of interest with the refundable deposit clause, none of them King collectors. Emmanuel does tend towards a global market with the benefit of having clientele who collect from a myriad of authors.

One of the very few reasons that has brought about this post, is the speculation that one of our exceptional collectors has been mentioned as the possible seller. It is not in my remit to allow this to happen and thereby you all have a clear picture of the circumstances.

No single items will be sold from the collection as that is not my intention.

I am duty bound to announce that there are several items in my collection (that have not been posted on my thread) that I have promised to offer back to the people I purchased from. Let me reassure those people that everything stated still holds good.

I hope this has gone part way to explaining the emergence of this sale and the fact that if it sells, so be it. If it does not, I am still actively acquiring King books and will continue to do so. I have always had an inquisitive approach to collecting, this is just one of those things to be tested.

I sincerely hope that the initial anonymity has not caused offence to anyone here.

Kindest regards
    Alec.
    With Alec’s permission I have reposted the comment above from his collection thread.

Just to add to Alec’s post above. As most of you are aware, I have been a part of Alec’s SK collection from the very early days and I have had numerous opportunities to view the entire collection including many items that have, for one reason or another, never been posted on the site. In my (humble) opinion, the stated value is, if anything, on the low side.

It may seem strange to some that Alec is even considering selling his books, but knowing him well, it’s no surprise that he is intrigued by how such an illustrious collection *might* sell to the right buyer. Remember, this is the sale of ‘A COLLECTION’ not a sale of individual books IN A collection and thats a very different (and interesting) concept.

As Alec has stated, if it doesn’t sell as a whole, then it stays where it is and I for one will be more than happy for that to be the case. It’s been a privilege to see books that I would, under normal circumstances never have got to see, let alone hold.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

1 Bid, $25.93 ($27 UK shipping). Looks like a 3rd printing
    AUTOGRAPHED SIGNED Stephen King - Lisey's Story Hardback book Hodder&Stoughton

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163351950767

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It would be nice to see the color of the boards to confirm a true first, but this has some very cool items, including unfolded 2nd DJ:
    Stephen King The Dark Tower The Gunslinger Donald Grant First Print sealed

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I could be wrong, but this looks to me like a 1/1 copy bought direct from Grants around the time DTIV was released. They had a few copies available in shrinkwrap, and included a tube with a replacement dustjacket (because many had crushed djs due to the shrinkwrap). The flyer shown in the photo includes a picture of DTIV, which supports my theory.

I managed to get one of these copies at the time as well, although I got a 1st edition dj in the tube.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I could be wrong, but this looks to me like a 1/1 copy bought direct from Grants around the time DTIV was released. They had a few copies available in shrinkwrap, and included a tube with a replacement dustjacket (because many had crushed djs due to the shrinkwrap). The flyer shown in the photo includes a picture of DTIV, which supports my theory.

I managed to get one of these copies at the time as well, although I got a 1st edition dj in the tube.

HBJ
    I think the one in that listing is a first edition jacket. It has both prices on the front flap.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I know it's both books with the swag but dayum. That's some serious money there. More power to the person who can get that.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I know it's both books with the swag but dayum. That's some serious money there. More power to the person who can get that.
    Hit up Paul (not the Suntup guy) directly and maybe he'll make you an offer you can't refuse
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Hit up Paul (not the Suntup guy) directly and maybe he'll make you an offer you can't refuse
    Do you think he take $2500-$3000 for both Yea, I didn't so. Not going to happen.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post

HBJ
    I think the one in that listing is a first edition jacket. It has both prices on the front flap.
    Sold for $1400
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

HBJ
    Sold for $1400
    Interesting. It says Best offer of $1K accepted.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

HBJ
    Sold for $1400
    Interesting. It says Best offer of $1K accepted.
    Yeah.....it depends on how you view it.

If you search completed you will see it sold for $1400......that plus I got an email because I had put an offer in on it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Second edition, faded rough DJ. One bid, $99:
    Stephen King Dark Tower: The Gunslinger LIMITED EDITION

Pre-Owned

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For completists, The Folio Society has a book reprinting "1408"
    > https://www.foliosociety.com/row/the...r-stories.html

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$3,909 BIN:
    Misery STEPHEN KING Signed Numbered Edition from Suntup Editions

$3,908.70
    Nov-11 13:44Buy It Now
    From United Kingdom+$65.15 shipping

+ Reply to Thread
Page 981 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 481 881 931 971 979 980 981 982 983 991 1031 1081 ... LastLast