Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

An Evening with Stephen King & Owen King: Presented by Simon & Schuster Canada and Indigo, 7:00 PM Thursday Oct 05, 2017

Koerner Hall, TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning, 273 Bloor St. West, Toronto, Ontario

We are sorry but this event has sold out.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Sleeping Beauties Book Tour

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I talked to the girl and she told me that if you have a ticket... you get a book. 4 per person. I have 4. I had to buy two random seats... but got two together for the wife. I hope 4 books at least half are signed!
    That's good to know. Turns out that my brother was on at the same time and he also picked up two tickets, so even though it's only two of us going we now have 4 tickets.
    You know, I usually keep my mouth shut and don't try to stir up controversy, but these type of shenanigans really irk me. So you are going to deprive two people the opportunity to see SK and OK so you can double your chance at an autographed book? I can tolerate mules, if they are someone who is mildly interested in the event, but to be your own mule and to leave seats without butts in them seems selfish to me. I even have less issues with scalpers as at least the seats will be filled by someone who wants to be there.

If tickets have been on sale for several days, then that would be OK, since everyone had a reasonable chance to get a ticket. If it doesn't sell out then I would have no issue with this.
    I booked my two and then went back and looked for single seats. I did this to avoid taking two from anyone else. There were seats in shitty areas all over. I grabbed two in single purchases as far away as I could. I don't feel bad about doing it either.. sorry someone else would have and they might have stayed empty. The books will go to collectors and everyone is happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I talked to the girl and she told me that if you have a ticket... you get a book. 4 per person. I have 4. I had to buy two random seats... but got two together for the wife. I hope 4 books at least half are signed!
    That's good to know. Turns out that my brother was on at the same time and he also picked up two tickets, so even though it's only two of us going we now have 4 tickets.
    You know, I usually keep my mouth shut and don't try to stir up controversy, but these type of shenanigans really irk me. So you are going to deprive two people the opportunity to see SK and OK so you can double your chance at an autographed book? I can tolerate mules, if they are someone who is mildly interested in the event, but to be your own mule and to leave seats without butts in them seems selfish to me. I even have less issues with scalpers as at least the seats will be filled by someone who wants to be there.

If tickets have been on sale for several days, then that would be OK, since everyone had a reasonable chance to get a ticket. If it doesn't sell out then I would have no issue with this.
    I booked my two and then went back and looked for single seats. I did this to avoid taking two from anyone else. There were seats in shitty areas all over. I grabbed two in single purchases as far away as I could. I don't feel bad about doing it either.. sorry someone else would have and they might have stayed empty. The books will go to collectors and everyone is happy

I can guarantee you that people are going to show up on that day to see the king event and not care about the book and webster can give him the tickets for free and keep the books I do it all the time. people are very appreciative I found a guy in Fla who thought he could line up and see king. Tippy was able to hook him up in Florida and he gave us all free books he turned out to be a famous author so famous I can't remember his name

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I never said that's what I was going to do. If that was your takeaway, then that's your issue, and I'm not going to debate it with you. There really is no need to get your panties in a bunch

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The process at these pre-signed events usually ends with everyone filing out and being handed one book each as they exit. Good luck trying to convince someone to give you multiple books while in a mob scene. What you are told by the person on the phone and what happens at these events is not always one and the same.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I never said that's what I was going to do. If that was your takeaway, then that's your issue, and I'm not going to debate it with you. There really is no need to get your panties in a bunch

Ok, sorry, just reread you post and see i misinterpreted what you said. I focused on "That's good to know." and "so even though it's only two of us going we now have 4 tickets.", which seemed to imply that was your intention. But I guess you were saying you accidentally ended up with more tickets then you intended.

I have been in the same situation for a concert, and sold the extra tickets (at face value).
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Powell's Books presents
    STEPHEN KING & OWEN KING
    Father and Son Coauthors of
    SLEEPING BEAUTIES: A Novel

Tuesday, October 3, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
    Newmark Theatre, 1111 SW Broadway, Portland
    $33.50 (limit 4 tickets per order)

Tickets on sale Monday, August 14, 2017, 10 a.m.

Stephen King is the author of more than 50 books, all of them worldwide bestsellers. His son, Owen King, is the author of the novel Double Feature and co-editor of Who Can Save Us Now?: Brand-New Superheroes and Their Amazing (Short) Stories. Now, in Sleeping Beauties, they combine their literary powers to tell the highest of high-stakes stories: what might happen if women disappeared from the world of men?

In a future so real and near it might be now, something happens when women go to sleep; they become shrouded in a cocoon-like gauze. If they are awakened, if the gauze wrapping their bodies is disturbed or violated, the women become feral and spectacularly violent; and while they sleep they go to another place... The men of our world are abandoned, left to their increasingly primal devices. One woman, however, the mysterious Evie, is immune to the blessing or curse of the sleeping disease. Is Evie a medical anomaly to be studied? Or is she a demon who must be slain? Set in a small Appalachian town whose primary employer is a women's prison, Sleeping Beauties is a wildly provocative, gloriously absorbing father/son collaboration between Stephen King and Owen King.

Each ticket guarantees entry to the event, as well as one hardcover edition of Sleeping Beauties. As a special bonus, up to 400 of these books will be pre-signed and randomly distributed to lucky attendees at the event's conclusion. This event will feature Stephen and Owen King in conversation and will be followed by an audience Q&A. There will not be a public signing at this event.

Contact Us: 800.878.7323 | newsletter@powells.com
    Copyright © 2017 Powells.com | Manage Subscriptions
    Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Pinterest Follow us on Tumblr Follow us

on Instagram
    Powells.com, 2720 NW 29th Avenue, Portland, OR 97210
    ~Jonathan

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Newmark Theater seats 880
    ~Jonathan

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

50-50 chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    50-50 chance.
    I'm excited! I have two friends willing to go with as well. Coincidentally, I've performed on the Newmark Theater stage several years ago in a giant drag show group number (as a boy).
    ~Jonathan

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just Florida left now eh?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Newmark Theater seats 880
    Assuming they place seats in the orchestra pit, and they usually do for this type of event, the capacity is 922. Still good odds.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

SEATING, NEWMARK 878,WITH PIT SEATS 922.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just Florida left now eh?

As of a week ago Sunday .... According to 3 Manages of store they.. " had not pinned down or secured location for event yet, hoped to soon, would not be at store, would not be a signing."
    Not what I wanted to hear however fits with what we've been told and other locations are doing.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good deal! We'll be at the Newmark for sure! Well - if we get tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Good deal! We'll be at the Newmark for sure! Well - if we get tickets.
    It'll be nice to see you (if I get tickets)!
    ~Jonathan

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Maybe we'll finally get to meet, Jonathan. Turns out my wife can't make it, so if I decide to make the trek from Seattle I will likely be flying solo on this one. ~ Ron

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Maybe we'll finally get to meet, Jonathan. Turns out my wife can't make it, so if I decide to make the trek from Seattle I will likely be flying solo on this one. ~ Ron
    Ron, would love to finally get to meet you after MANY years of friendship online!
    ~Jonathan

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Ron, would love to finally get to meet you after MANY years of friendship online!
    For me, meeting other members at these events is usually the best part.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If I can score tickets, I'm coming.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm planning on attending Brooklyn and Boston. Looking forward to seeing you all there. And yes, I agree that meeting the members is one of the best parts.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'm planning on attending Brooklyn and Boston. Looking forward to seeing you all there. And yes, I agree that meeting the members is one of the best parts.
    Damn, I would have liked to have met you in person Paul. I was hoping to attend the Boston event, but I just can't swing it right now; hotel prices are so high - especially when you factor in the Canadian exchange rate.

Anyone attending the Toronto event?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I'd sure enjoy it, too. Will be sure to let you know if I decide to make the trip. At four hours each way in weekday traffic and having already seen King live, it's 50/50 at this point...but it sure would be neat to see him again.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Damn, I would have liked to have met you in person Paul. I was hoping to attend the Boston event, but I just can't swing it right now; hotel prices are so high - especially when you factor in the Canadian exchange rate.

Anyone attending the Toronto event?
    Bummer, well maybe next time Jim.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys are all so lucky. Have a great time everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast