1 6.67%
  • light machine guns

1 6.67%
  • shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 321 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,575 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I love that you're so in love with Lelianna!

I'd say more, but that is spoiler territory, so we'll talk more about her later!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh no! Is she a bitch? But she's so sweet!

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll only talk about her if you really want me to! And also, have I mentioned how much I hate the fade? /sigh

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No no, no spoils! I should be getting to Redcliffe next. And yes, The Fade is weird.

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Andi, I think you mentioned you played the first two Witcher games? How were those? I wonder if I should go through them before picking up The Witcher 3. I'm sure there will be a nice Black Friday sale price on these.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't played them yet actually, just picked them up cheap and stashed them for a rainy day.

I think the general consensus is...you don't have the play the first two games to get maximum enjoyment out of the third game. It adds to the story a bit, but they are in now way needed for the full Witcher 3 experience. I'd actually wager that most folks who have played 3 haven't played the first two games.

Country
    Country Flag

Got past Redcliffe Village and made it to the Castle, and right away got overwhelmed. My strategy has been to divide and conquer, if possible, meaning I would lure the enemies to a more enclosed or narrow space and hack along with Alistair while Leliana provides shortbow cover and just use Wynne for healing. But when it’s open like that and there are archers and a super strong monster, it gets frustrating. Saving the Village was tough too until I realized I could lure the zombies back to the top of the hill. Need more coffee!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I love to charge archers/ranged with melee, then cast a ward (or is it glyph?) of repulsion around myself or whomever my ranged dps is, so if the melee mobs charge in at us, they get knocked back over and over again. Ward of paralysis is equally handy and any other crowd control spells you have. And during those times in the game you are basically a slave to your melee's sustained or activated abilities to help you mitigate ranged damage. It's the one thing I really really hated about the game when playing at any level difficulty higher than easy.

Soooo many archers.

Country
    Country Flag

Done with Redcliffe, I sent Morrigan into The Fade and loved her no-bullshit encounter with the demon. Now on to Denerim and already met with Marjolaine. I think it was a good idea to play the Leliana's Song DLC earlier to learn more about her and their backstory.

Country
    Country Flag

So it happened last night! Leliana and I got it on

It was an awkwardly-animated love scene but it was still really sweet.

#AchievmentUnlocked!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

lol...there are actually a few mods out there that extend/fix the love scenes a bit. Because you're absolutely right, they can be *super* awkward!!!

I'm glad that, going forward, Bioware decided that "less was more" when it came to actual love scenes. You might see someone nakey, but the act is usually kept off screen. Except for in Mass Effect Andromeda in a couple romance cases. But that game was a steaming pile of shit so I don't really count those.

Country
    Country Flag

Less is more sounds good to me. It doesn't need to get very "nakey" at all, but this particular scene was very poorly animated. Maybe it's partly due to the age of the game, it's not too recent, but animations overall have been pretty good in this. I guess they just didn't spend much time on it, but the intentions were good, I guess.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it was them trying to be....strategic? To be as OMG SEXY TIMES as they could without being NC-17 about the whole thing. And it just came out looking a bit goofy.

So Pablo, how did you handle the mages in the tower? Did Cullen convince you to kill everyone in Uldred's room or did you go in with the intention of sparing all that you could? Or did you flat out allow them to cleanse the tower with the Rite of Annulment?

Also, if you ever decide to play the mage origins, the Tower quest line plays so much more in depth. And it radiates out from this game to the others. From what I have seen, it's probably the coolest way that your chosen class can effect the entire game series. Then again, the conflict between magic users and non magic users is (even now) very obvious, so it definitely shades the way people talk to and react to you from the very beginning of the series.

And I'm very interested on your thoughts about mages and blood magic and how they should be 'dealt' with. It's a huge debate among those in the fandom, so as you play take some mental notes as to what the mages do and say and lemme know where you stand at the end of Origins. That being said, I don't doubt your opinions may change throughout the course of the next two games. Shit gets craaaaazy...

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I'm always playing a good and mostly moral person, but also very persuasive, so I was set to save as many people as possible, even if they were dabbling in blood magic. We still ended up having to kill Uldred and his abominations. And I took pity on Jowan and he actually ended up being key to saving both Connor and his crazy mom.

Should this be renamed the Dragon Age thread? I'm sad no one else is jumping in...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

There are certain things I can never bring myself to do in the Dragon Age games...using the Rite of Annulment to kill all the mages in the tower is the one of them. But I'm seriously considering playing an anti-mage/pro templar set of main protagonists in the near future. It's just hard because being pro templar means making such *drastic* decisions. And while I can appreciate the mages desire to break free from the circles...I can certainly see why it could be very dangerous to let them roam unchecked. They are just too susceptible to suggestion by demons due to their connect to the fade and the allure of the power that comes with blood magic can be strong.

And maybe we should just start our own Dragon Age thread....I imagine everyone else is getting tired of us droning on and on!

Country
    Country Flag

I hope no one minds us too much, and this thread and the whole sub-forum doesn't really get a whole lot of action. If it gets too annoying a separate thread could be created, no problem.

But as to your point, what's so great about this game is that it allows you all these possibilities and takes so much of what you do and who you are into account. Kinda like real life. Lots of games give you choices but I haven't come across one where it's been implemented so seamlessly and to such a degree. Like with Redcliffe Village. You can just say fuck it and leave pretty much everyone to their doom or try to encourage the knights and everyone that victory is possible and save as many people as you can during the ensuing battle (I wasn't able to save everyone, so the mayor and a few knights were killed).

The approval system is another genius idea, and because your various companions all have different morals, even if they're all basically "good" people (and things), that makes each decision and interaction that much more gray as opposed to black and white.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys are good, don't trip. I like seeing activity in this thread.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    But as to your point, what's so great about this game is that it allows you all these possibilities and takes so much of what you do and who you are into account. Kinda like real life. Lots of games give you choices but I haven't come across one where it's been implemented so seamlessly and to such a degree. Like with Redcliffe Village. You can just say fuck it and leave pretty much everyone to their doom or try to encourage the knights and everyone that victory is possible and save as many people as you can during the ensuing battle (I wasn't able to save everyone, so the mayor and a few knights were killed).

The approval system is another genius idea, and because your various companions all have different morals, even if they're all basically "good" people (and things), that makes each decision and interaction that much more gray as opposed to black and white.
    I'm not super huge into the gifts part of Origins approval system but I love how each interaction in camp gives you approval or disapproval ratings, depending on how you deal with a situation. I asked Morrigan why she was still there, and even though I told her I wanted her to stay, I got a big ole' negative reaction to that one. And Sten....my goodness, every time I stop to save anyone not vital to a quest, he disapproves! Then you have Shale over here who suggests I should use the Rite of Annulment on the Tower because that would mean I would be the only mage left alive from that particular circle, and think about how great that would be for ME! lol...I love how they each have their own personality and their own beliefs. And I love how, given your interactions with them, they may change to see your point of view or you can mature them through some tough love.

It's great that the game evolves with you and that only lends to more replayability. I could turn around in a week and replay the game as an evil or insane person, and the experience would be vastly different than this one. It's fantastic.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    You guys are good, don't trip. I like seeing activity in this thread.
    Thanks, Fern. :-)

And just a FYI for anyone who might be interested, Bioshock Infinite is currently on sale on Steam for less than $10. ;-)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post

I'm not super huge into the gifts part of Origins approval system but I love how each interaction in camp gives you approval or disapproval ratings, depending on how you deal with a situation. I asked Morrigan why she was still there, and even though I told her I wanted her to stay, I got a big ole' negative reaction to that one. And Sten....my goodness, every time I stop to save anyone not vital to a quest, he disapproves! Then you have Shale over here who suggests I should use the Rite of Annulment on the Tower because that would mean I would be the only mage left alive from that particular circle, and think about how great that would be for ME! lol...I love how they each have their own personality and their own beliefs. And I love how, given your interactions with them, they may change to see your point of view or you can mature them through some tough love.

It's great that the game evolves with you and that only lends to more replayability. I could turn around in a week and replay the game as an evil or insane person, and the experience would be vastly different than this one. It's fantastic.
    Yeah the gifts could inflate the approval pretty quickly, and they have the Feastday DLC gifts that give a character +50 approval which is nuts: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Feas...fts_and_Pranks

But some of these gifts are part of quests or have special scenes associated with them. Like giving Leliana the rare flower her mother liked or giving Alistair his mother's amulet.

The interactions and conversations are what's so cool about this game, and pretty unique actually even for an RPG. I was honestly astonished when I spent about 30-40 minutes just speaking with Alistair and Morrigan outside Flemeth's hut after Ostagar about all sorts of stuff.

But I don't know if I could do a whole playthough playing all bitchy and evil. Sometimes I'm tempted to go for a smart-ass remark but then I'm like nooo, I wouldn't do that

So Andi, where are you now in the story? Sounds like you did both Redcliffe and Circle Tower, right? And you got Shale, so you did that DLC. Did you do the other in-games ones yet? I myself just started Denerim and am doing all the cool side-quests here. I have oodles of things to do from the various boards and collectives.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah the gifts could inflate the approval pretty quickly, and they have the Feastday DLC gifts that give a character +50 approval which is nuts: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Feas...fts_and_Pranks

But some of these gifts are part of quests or have special scenes associated with them. Like giving Leliana the rare flower her mother liked or giving Alistair his mother's amulet.

The interactions and conversations are what's so cool about this game, and pretty unique actually even for an RPG. I was honestly astonished when I spent about 30-40 minutes just speaking with Alistair and Morrigan outside Flemeth's hut after Ostagar about all sorts of stuff.

But I don't know if I could do a whole playthough playing all bitchy and evil. Sometimes I'm tempted to go for a smart-ass remark but then I'm like nooo, I wouldn't do that

So Andi, where are you now in the story? Sounds like you did both Redcliffe and Circle Tower, right? And you got Shale, so you did that DLC. Did you do the other in-games ones yet? I myself just started Denerim and am doing all the cool side-quests here. I have oodles of things to do from the various boards and collectives.
    Any gifts directly tied to a character's story line are awesome. I love cut scenes and would do anything for more cut scenes!!!

I recently did a Mass Effect Shepard Ruthless (you can actually choose to have your Commander Shepard come from a background where she has done some crazy shit to accomplish a goal) Renegade playthrough where I did all the stuff I couldn't bring myself to do prior to that, plus all the renegade QTEs and it actually gets easier as you go along just to be generally bitchy, but the big decisions are still hard to make. I have been known to sit at a decision making moment in a conversation and battle with myself to make the one that best suits my character. But, I do it, for the replay value and to experience a different take on a story, and sometimes the outcomes can be super crazy different and leave you feeling like you didn't even play the same game. Which I *love*. Even if I have to be bad to do it.

Right now I'm headed back to Redcliffe to finish with Isolde and Conner. I considered just sacrificing Isolde (I saved them both before) but I'm a very anti blood magic Warden, so I had to ask the Circle for help instead.

So far I have completed the Tower, Redcliffe, Shale's DLC, I returned to Ostagar, and I went to Soldier's Peak, because the Wardens and their history fascinate me, and for some stupid reason I never did it in my first play through. After Redcliffe, I think I'm going to conscript the Dwarves.

EDIT: I also did the Golems of Amgwhatevertheheckitscalled DLC.

Country
    Country Flag

Some decisions can be very tough. I think the hardest time in a game I had was with Life Is Strange. Some of those Big Choice moments when the game pauses and the screen gets all wobbly, I sat there for several minutes thinking it through.

The Dwarves I'm leaving for last, since I understand it's the toughest and you need to be at your best. I'm level 12 now.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

And just as I'm talking about making decisions that are best for my character... Somehow I did or said something to Alistair that has prompted the romance to begin. And I'm too softhearted to break it off. /sigh

WELL THAT'S JUST GONNA SCREW EVERYTHING UP!

Country
    Country Flag

Gah! I screwed something up with him too, because I wanted to have two saves pre-romance and post-romance, since I knew I was going for my sweet sweet bard anyway, but I was curious to see how it might play out with him, and when I said I was interested in someone else, that just shut him off in either save. Maybe I did something wrong or saved at the wrong time, but it was weird.

Oh and as far as Isolde and Connor, I am very thorough normally, I pretty much have my finger on the Tab key at all times to highlight every interactable thing, and somehow I still missed that Valena chick or what's her name. She was apparently hiding somewhere in the castle, Owen the blacksmith's daughter, and I promised him I would find her. And I never did

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so I went back and reloaded because I promised myself no Alistair this time...but I should have done that after the whole rose thing. Or maybe even before? Because now when I told him I don't think I'd ever care for him 'that way' I got a big ole' -20 approval.

JEEBUS! Someone doesn't like rejection!

And oh shit, I'm glad you mentioned the Blacksmith's daughter....I haven't come across her either yet. hmmm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 263 of 321 FirstFirst ... 163 213 253 261 262 263 264 265 273 313 ... LastLast